Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 23rd November

Good morning, Army

Huge congratulations to Skinny Tart! :goodjob: Just don't go all supermodel on us, OK? Heroin chic won't cut it.

Dawg, I hope I make it through today. Mrs. T's alarm went off at 3.30 a.m., naturally waking me as well. Just as I had fallen asleep again, mine went off :upset: It'll be worse for her, though. She had to fly up to Jo'burg, and back again tonight.

Have a lovely Wednesday, folksies (and a fantastic non-hump day for Pingu)
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning tips and all to come

Blooming freezing here. I've had to go and defrost the car windows so I can drive to the supermarket in an hour's time. It's been a clear, starlit night.

Hope you manage to make it through the day.

Wanted to say the other day that I agree with you on this multiple meals thingy. Two meals a day is plenty. If two is enough for Poppy, then it's enough for me. How can anyone eat four meals in one day, let alone six???!!!

Comment

Good morning Tips and Recluse.
      Sorry about the alarm call Tips. :upset:

Is it really so cold Wrecky? Cannot imagine cold now. In for a shock this evening aren't I?

Well done skinny JC The incredible shrinking lady:h

Comment

Good morning Mrs A

Yep, it is that cold, whizzy, but it's supposed to warm up later on. Should get up to about 10C by late afternoon.

Hope you have a good, safe journey home.

Comment

Have you been out walking yet?

Comment

Yes, I have. But it's starting to become a bit punishing on the old knees, even though I'm wearing proper hiking boots. Don't understand that.

Have to go out now (Sainsbury's), but hopefully I'll catch you later when you're back in the country or tomorrow when hopefully you will have had some rest after your journey.

Did you go for a run this morning?

Comment

No not a run but went for a walk a la recluse

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Tipster, that is way too early to get up, even to catch a flight. Mrs. T will be exhausted by the time she gets back tonight. She should take the day off tomorrow.

Mrs. A - what Reccie said - hope you have a safe flight home. My, you're going to be in weather-shock for a few days after that hot weather.

Reccie - what in the world were you doing up at that early? Not slept yet? As for eating - they say that 5 or 6 small portions averaged out over the day are good for losing weight. I don't know how often Jackie eats but I do know that what she eats is very low in fat or none at all such as fruits like apples and veggies like lettuce and cukes for example.

Speaking of whom - congrats Jackie on yet more weight lost. AND congratulations Mr. and Mrs. JC on 26 years of married life. And wishing you many more to come!!

Troopers, hope you have a very

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning!
                  Vrooooom.....off to work. Still alive and crazy busy this week.
                  Happy Wednesday everyone. xxx
                  Hope to check in tonight and catch up!

Comment

Good morning Peeps,

Anon, you shall soon be home from the tropics to the baltics!

Sorry to hear about the knees Reccie, that must be crap.

Tippers, you poor thing, hope today goes fast for you.

Hi Stirls, hope you have a lovely hump day.

Hi there Expat and Mollers!

Hope there is no ice on my car, orf out to look, I can't be coping with ice...
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Mario, are you orf to see Jim? I am thinking og going to see him myself in the new year....I am afraid of Jim so I am...had a bad experience once.

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hiya Molly, ExPatty, Oney and Mario-man!!

Molly - hope you have a lovely time on your day off.
                          Recluse;1213538 wrote: Yes, I have. But it's starting to become a bit punishing on the old knees, even though I'm wearing proper hiking boots. Don't understand that.

Have to go out now (Sainsbury's), but hopefully I'll catch you later when you're back in the country or tomorrow when hopefully you will have had some rest after your journey.

Did you go for a run this morning?
                          Reccie - I missed the above earlier. Sorry you're having problems with your knees. I have two herniated discs in my lower back and my doctor told me to always wear shoes that absorb shock, such as trainers and rubber-soled shoes or boots - avoid plain leather soles. No doubt Mrs. A will be able to advise you better than I. Hope you find some relief since I can tell you're enthusiastic about walking and dodgy knees will definitely not help you get out and about more.

Oney - watch that ice. If the roads are icy, drive slowly and in low gear. Especially if your car has front-wheel traction, driving on ice can be difficult. Best of luck.

Wishing you all a grand day!!
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Stirly for all the advice you are giving me on the car, it is invaluable to me and I really appreciate it....people just expect me to be able to do it and don't realise a lot of the time it is a new situation for me (like driving when it is icy). Thank you xxx

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1213567 wrote: Hi Mario, are you orf to see Jim? I am thinking og going to see him myself in the new year....I am afraid of Jim so I am...had a bad experience once.
                              Not going to see jim till 2 Once you enjoy going to see jim its great, and it only took me 27 years to get around to like him.and now i am addicted

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X