Oh the Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh the Holidays

December 2nd I will have 5 months under my belt. It's really quite astonishing to me. The Holidays I am thankful for actualy being present body and mind, spirit as well. Life is so much better without AL, ESPECIALLY THE MORNINGS! :H It's no cake walk, but it sure is a dang good feeling when an issue or problem arises and I don't run to the bottle.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Oh the Holidays

Life sure is a hell of a lot better without alcohol TA!! Yes, we will still have problems and worries and upsets but being sober makes it a lot easier to deal with them!!

WELL done on the almost 5 months!! Fantastic!!!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Oh the Holidays

Good job on 5 months. That's WONDERFUL! Keep up the goodness!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Oh the Holidays

Good job on your AF journey! I am at six months and facing the holidays sober. I only had a six pack in the past and since I drank them slower then normal I didn't get that drunk on holidays. But this year I am not getting drunk at all and it feels good!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Oh the Holidays

Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention also I have been off of Antabuse for a couple months also. The thought of being able to drink has been there, but not pulled me in like before. Kind of just take a moment and go thru in my mind how I believe the sinerio would go which is pretty predictable. Buy it, hide it, pretend not to be drinking, stay up all night cuz I can't fall asleep, be too hungover in the morning and not be able to work, anxiety attacks all day and probably the next. Yup, after playing that in my head it just doesn't seem appealing since for me, one drink was never enough because what's the point of that.
          "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Comment

Oh the Holidays

Turn Around! Well done on 5 months...way to go! Keep it going!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Oh the Holidays

Great Job Turn Around on 5 months!!! Keep on going!

Comment

Oh the Holidays

Turn Around;1213949 wrote: Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention also I have been off of Antabuse for a couple months also. The thought of being able to drink has been there, but not pulled me in like before. Kind of just take a moment and go thru in my mind how I believe the sinerio would go which is pretty predictable. Buy it, hide it, pretend not to be drinking, stay up all night cuz I can't fall asleep, be too hungover in the morning and not be able to work, anxiety attacks all day and probably the next. Yup, after playing that in my head it just doesn't seem appealing since for me, one drink was never enough because what's the point of that.
                That's me to a 't'.
                Well done on almost 5 months, my dear
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X