My first entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first entry

I didn't think that i am alcoholic before, but I'm now convinced that I am. As many stories I read, and quiz I take, it seems to point that I am. Ive wanted to stop completely for some time now, but after working late, always seem to end up at my regular pub for 1-2 reward drinks which ends up to 4-5 pints. And I got problems too, can't take pressure well and chase my drinks. I recover slowly bcos I can't sleep when I'm high and get emotional and negative when I'm lying in my bed. I feel almost ashamed when I over drink the next morning a lot, which is 90% of the time.

When I got problems, and drink, I'll throw tanturms at my hubby waking him up or preventing him from sleeping to speak of age old grandeur dreams...

What a dreamer becoming a person with complete lack of control!

I thought if I join a forum and made a few friends here who are interested in my in-depth story, it may help me by listening to someone else thoughts on my situation, shed some light in the deep tunnel I've rugged myself into.

My first entry

You're here in the right place..
    you will meet friends that totally understand how you feel, coz that's why all of us joined this amazing MWO forum....
    I'm gonna go see if I can get some others here to chat with you..
    :l:l:l

Comment

My first entry

:welcome: Sadlyeverafter,

You've made a huge step today by reaching out for help. Not going to overwhelm you with too much information today. Just click on the link below, masses of good ideas in there to get you started.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep readin, keep posting and I'm so glad you found us.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My first entry

I always had a nagging feeling that I drink to "run away" from my problems. Binge drinking is my style since I remembered but only started drinking regularly 12 yrs ago. Then getting out of control 8 yrs, got better, then worse again when my teenage son hit me one night- almost 3 yrs ago. Should get over it but when emotionally charged, I will harp on- I hate myself for it though ! Pathetic !

I get better but every time he visits me -I kicked him out back to his dads after that- it sets a series of drama. I know this is a little out of scope here, but I topple too easily... Then the same story comes- I love my older one , he only has me, our younger one has u... Ect. I woke up sat and he hugged me - of course I cant remember acting in the drama, but I asked my hubby and he informed me what I had said. I muttered can't believe i'm back to that particular old re run.

Anyway, I'm going on a bit... So b4 I start being boring, thk u for listening and ANY insights would be welcomed very very much.

Comment

My first entry

Welcome Sadlyeverafter! You have found the right place. Take it ODAAT and get support for both online and offline. You can do it!
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X