Another crazy Nelz idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another crazy Nelz idea

As my mind was wandering around inside its shell today, I kinda had a thought. I couldnt find a help/suggestions section, so I guess it can go in here.

Ive seen people online before, hurting and begging to just talk to others. For whatever reason, I can NOT get chat to work.

My thought was, what if we could get a "sticky" thread that people could sign up for, saying, hey, PM me anytime, about anything. Im sure most everyone is willing to share stories, but I think if an effort was made where people were actually on a "pm me anytime" list some of the new people, or old ones for that matter, would be more apt to reach out for help. There might be a whole line of names, but we all live in different zones. One could just go down the list until they found someone online.

Im a walk in like you own the place kind of guy, but Id have a hard time PMing someone about something without an invitation. I know sometimes a one on one is very helpful, as Ive had more than one person, invite me to talk about things....I thank each and every one of you.

All it would really take is for a Mod/Admin to sticky such a thread....let me know if Im crazy
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Another crazy Nelz idea

It's a good idea, Nelz.........and you're crazy!(jk!)
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

You are crazy lol but it is a very good idea x
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

sounds like an effective idea Nelz !
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

Hi Nelz

Very good idea!! I can not get chat to work either and :blush: to say that I it took me a while to figure out that PM means Private Message. Right?

The other problem is that everybody experiences things differently. I tried to give advice before and in one case even removed it. I would support a thread or area reserved just for that and with members who knows all the different forms of withdrawal and the faces of AL. Sometimes I don't know the right advice. My experience of withdrawal, reasons for drinking and quitting differs from others.

BUT on the other hand... We all had to go through most of this alone and MWO is a tool in the process. The more help you get, the less you have to do for yourself and the more likely you would fail.

Now I think yes and no.
          12-20-2012 AF
          Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

Nelz, love, you're posts are always wonderful to read. Here's your invitation from me: PM me, anytime, and I'll help if I can. You're whole idea is great. We'll see where it leads, friend. But in the meantime, I'm here to talk.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

Hi Nelz - sometimes, I don't want to go to chat but would love just to talk to someone and yes, being able to PM someone is a wonderful idea - for those newbies who don't know anyone, being able to see someone who they know would be fine with getting a PM, I do think it is a great idea - and having it as a Sticky would be even better. Oh - and feel free to PM me any time :H

Hugs, Sun XX
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

Yep you're crazy(but in an excellent way). I put my name forward for the pm list. Doesn't mean I'm available 24/7 but I can also try to put the person in touch with another time zone or mindset.
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

LOLz, I think the crazy part was rhetorical........thats just common knowledge. I never even considered it having to be person looking for something specific, Id welcome any ideas on ways to combat it.

I think just as a start, it could be a list of anyone willing to correspond with someone else. Maybe if it gets legs and takes off it could be improved along the way.

Thanks for all who gave me permission to send them a PM, and to all who have contributed to the idea. Im all open for ways to make it work, and work well.

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

I am really enjoying this forum, but it is a little less active than one of the forums I started on. One neat aspect of the other forum was they had a "Thank you" button right next to the quote button. So if someone posted something that you agreed with or that helped you instead of having to post if you really didn't having anything to say you just hit "thanks", then your screen name would show up at the bottom of the post. It was I nice feature because many times while reading the same posts over and over you could see that the posts were helping people even if they weren't getting written replies, and I think it helped to make me feel not so alone which made the forum seem warm. If this forum could add that function I think it would make it better.

As far as the PMing, I am not super big on small talk, but if anyone ever needs help I will always reply.

Comment

Another crazy Nelz idea

Supercrew;1227178 wrote: I am really enjoying this forum, but it is a little less active than one of the forums I started on. One neat aspect of the other forum was they had a "Thank you" button right next to the quote button. So if someone posted something that you agreed with or that helped you instead of having to post if you really didn't having anything to say you just hit "thanks", then your screen name would show up at the bottom of the post. It was I nice feature because many times while reading the same posts over and over you could see that the posts were helping people even if they weren't getting written replies, and I think it helped to make me feel not so alone which made the forum seem warm. If this forum could add that function I think it would make it better.

As far as the PMing, I am not super big on small talk, but if anyone ever needs help I will always reply.
                      Yes sir, Im on one of those boards........non AL related, it has a "you like this" button, you click it, and your name shows up as liking, and so does everyone that clicked. This is a VBulletin platform, and last time I was at the helm as an Admin, on the other board, that wasn't an option, albiet a great idea.

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                      X