from CS04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from CS04

POTLUCK LUNCH????? Every WEEK????? Geez. I'm moving to your town. All we get are stale donuts. :H

I bumped this up. I should update it one of these days. I also need to lose a few pounds to get back down to my picture weight! (good motivation)

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...ere-13043.html

Have you checked out the SMARTRecovery web site? The program is CBT based. There might be a group in your area. Still self help but it sounds like you are looking at all options. They were signing people up for a clinical trial recently - not sure if that is still going on and if so, if it's even relevant for you.

Hang in there OK? I can understand why you wouldn't want to be in the ER this particular weekend. Just wanting to make sure you are OK on your own.

Keep fighting for your recovery. You deserve it!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

from CS04

Hey DG,
      It's technically not a potluck. It is a "sign up to bring food." At one of the meetings I went to, the lead discussed that this group has been meeting since the late 60s, with well-heeled "ladies who lunch" who were no longer in a position for the martini lunch. So that was how this came about, I guess, and I am glad that I attended that meeting to explain the history, case I love that stuff.

I am doing OK tonight. Actually reconnected tonight with a HS friend who is involved with a new-ish rehab center; he has been sober for 9 years and a little jesus-y but I am willing to listen.

Thanks for all your support.

xoxo
      Pat

Comment

from CS04

At this late hour, I hope you can have a Happy New Year moment!

Comment

from CS04

CS....my dear friend and sweet soul...

This time WILL be different. Sear that into your brain! Keep moving forward - you are doing this!!!!

You are about to be free and I am so happy for you....
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

from CS04

I've heard of SMART Recovery and I may have looked into it in the past, but I will check it out again. And I'll try again with more phone calls on Tuesday to the places around here. I am just trying to stay positive and try to arrive at a solution (or perhaps a means to an end is a better way to put it). The counselor told me that cognitive therapy is not indicated for addictions, but that seems to contradict other things I've read.
            Thanks for all your good thoughts!

Comment

from CS04

Hi CS and Happy New Year. I'm really happy you are staying positive. That IS interesting history about that women's meeting. I like that sort of stuff too. Surely emphasizes that addiction can touch anyone - doesn't matter what socioeconomic background we come from. I like reading the stories in the back of the Big Book about women. Lots of those stories happened so many years ago, and yet the impact of alcohol on our lives is just ....the same. Makes me feel a little less...."crazy?" somehow knowing that women years ago went through the exact same insanity that I did.

SMART Recovery? | Self Help for Addiction & Alcohol Abuse

The smart web site. They have on line meetings too. Some of them use "Paltalk" which is a way to include both text and voice. That might be something you could check out and maybe start doing right away - moving in the right direction until the rehab thing gets sorted out.

I'm wondering if the counselor is talking about "cognitive therapy" or "cognitive behavioral therapy." Two different things. (CBT incorporates aspects cognitive therapy, and also aspects of behavioral therapy) CBT is considered a valid Evidence Based Practice in the treatment of addiction.

Hope you are having a good day. Keep hanging on, OK?
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

from CS04

Well, I made some phone calls today, but still not sure how to proceed. I got a dr's appt. for Thursday afternoon, but remembered that I have a trip planned to my mom's Thurs. AM. (She lives an hour and a half from here, and I was looking forward to a break from home and the oasis of mom.) Also called the Cognitive Therapy Center and actually talked to a person, but not the counselor that was recommended. She is supposed to call me back. Of course the treatment center is recommending that I do their program, whether outpatient or inpatient, but for reasons I've shared before, I am still unsure. My sister has also recommended another CDC, but I do not want to throw yet another factor into the mix. Meanwhile, I feel like I am spinning my wheels and wasting my time off from work. And my husband has been in bed for 2 days with back spasms, and tomorrow is my birthday.

Comment

from CS04

Went to dr's appt. She is a D.O. and is going to find a physician with more expertise in chemical dependency. I am now headed to my mom's, and she doesn't have a computer, so I will only be able to check in here minimally at best from my phone. Going to take several days to relax outside of the toxic environment of my home. Those of you with my phone #, feel free to call or text. Thanks for all your support. xoxo

Comment

Working...
                  X