Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 28th December

Good Morning Guys.

Mollers, a big huge Oney hug coming to you, I wish I had done what Jilly is doing at her age, what an independent and confident lady (she didn't lick it off the stones)

JC, I remember that heartbreak very well, I am glad she has you, my own mother was of no help to me and made things worse, I remember think, I wish she would just put her arms round me and tell me it will be ok....she will be fine with you looking after her.

Ktab, I am in, I have LOTS of plans myself and and going to get out and DO things.
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning Oney,

As long as you still have time for meeeeeeeeeee, oops I mean MWO.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh yes, that is very important to me, I won't make that mistake again, all my friends are here

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

So are mine,Oney.:l

Can you remember who's doing doing the daily synopsis today?

Calling Reccybear, calling Reccybear. What day is my day.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have a yucky feeling, it is my day...

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Monday Zenners
              Tuesday
              Wednesday Oners
              Thursday JC
              Friday Reccy
              Saturday
              Sunday Panno
              Relief Mollers
              Yer right, today's the day, Oney.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Greetings, Northerners

It is FECKING hot in Cape Town today. Almost 30C, but the humidity is the killer. Can't wait to get home and jump in the pool.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Bummer lol, taking down the Christmas trees as we speak..

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I am, coz Rob is decorating and has to get it done by the time he goes back, PLUS I am tired of looking at them, I suffer from post Xmas blues

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Gawd have you seen the time, it's after 12. I must away and get dressed.

New Year's Day and ours get packed away for another year.

Bacinabit.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon!

The caffeine wasn't doing the job this morning, so I had to go and get another couple of hour's kip. Feeling much better now.

KTAB;1234134 wrote: Well now I have been thinking, it's coming close to the end of the year and always a good time to sit down and have a serious reassessment of our lives and where we find ourselves. I don't mean in a 'Im going to give up choccy, take up a night class' sort of new years resolution way. I am thinking more along the lines of 'where am I on this journey, and I don't necessarily mean just with AL, for while it is a big issue, it doesn't define who we are. Sometimes we need to actually climb out of the box and take a good look around rather than just thinking outside of it. I am going to change my life in as many positive ways as I can this coming year, anyone care to join me?
                        Please count me in. I've had 48 unhappy years so far that culminated in my alcoholism. I'm intending to put the past behind me in 2012 and make next year my first happy year. Like oney, I plan to get out and DO things.

JackieClaire;1234136 wrote: And rather sad news is that me daughter and her boyfriend have split up. I actually found out a couple of weeks before Christmas but didn't want to say anything until I'd had a bit of a talk with her and just in case they got back together. Up to now all I really know is that she finished the relationship and she is very very sad it came to this and there's no one else involved.
                        That's a real shame jackie, but if it was your daughter that finished the relationship, she must have felt that the relationship was not right for her. It's good that she has recognised that and decided to try to move on. Sometimes doing the right thing or the sensible thing hurts. She's lucky she's got you and Mr JC to help her through it though.

anon;1234148 wrote:
                        Busy day here so probably will AWOL until Friday
                        Hope you and your family have a brilliant time tomorrow, whizzy!

JackieClaire;1234157 wrote:
                        Over the last couple of years I've have literally had to take baby steps. It's hard to believe I used to shake like a leaf when I stood waiting for a bus I was so scared but by giving my self small but manageable challenges. I can now nip on a flight with just the usual amount of nervousness that come with flying and come see yous lot in Dubbers.
                        I can so relate to this jackie. Six months ago I would be a complete nervous shaking wreck going into a crowded waiting room at my GP's. I still have problems with anxiety, but it's not as bad as it was.

JackieClaire;1234171 wrote:
                        Morning Oney,

As long as you still have time for meeeeeeeeeee, oops I mean MWO.
                        :H:H:H

one2many;1234173 wrote:
                        Oh yes, that is very important to me, I won't make that mistake again, all my friends are here
                        Mine too .

Comment

Brilliant synopsis Recluse Thank you.

Never had the big anxiety thing thank goodness.

Just done a house clean and practice of the speech. Can I read it out of my notes do you think??

Now all of a sudden I am anxious. Any hints PLEASE:new:

Comment

:goodluck: Mrs. A! I'm sure you will be grand. I've found that it helps if you can have a talk with a few people beforehand and tell them you are nervous. Single them out in the crowd so if you start to get shaky you can meet their eyes and get a little wink or a thumbs up from them. I've found it comforting both when I was at school and work. And just block out the other faces.:l

Comment

anon;1234263 wrote: Brilliant synopsis Recluse Thank you.

Never had the big anxiety thing thank goodness.

Just done a house clean and practice of the speech. Can I read it out of my notes do you think??

Now all of a sudden I am anxious. Any hints PLEASE:new:
                              Hiya Mrs A

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong at all with reading from your notes, but it does help to be very familiar with them.

Apart from that, I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of advice on public speaking, except perhaps to say that you should speak at a leisurely pace (i.e don't rush it) and adopt a relaxed posture (you don't have to stay rooted to the same spot all the time). It's meant to be a happy occasion, so remember to look up and smile. I imagine patty, in her capacity as a teacher, might be able to offer much more useful advice than me.

As far as the anxiety thing is concerned, it's something that (like a lot of other things) is made worse by alcohol. People with anxiety disorder often drink to calm their nerves. It works in the short term, but once you sober up, your anxiety is worse, so you drink more, so the anxiety gets worse etc etc.

Edit: Xpost, Mrs A. My PC was on a 20 minute go-slow!

Comment

Oh thank you Expat and Molly. Can I read from my notes??

Comment

Working...
                                X