going to be hard not to drink this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercrew;1241881 wrote: have contracted a bad case of possible walking pneumonia.

So you can't workout but you can drink? As far as you saying it's not negative thinking, you just know yourself. Well change what you know about yourself. Obviously if you want to drink you are going to drink, but basically planning it because you know yourself just means you weren't dedicated to really quit drinking to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times that I went back and lied to myself after saying I was going to quit, but I normally didn't post it in a forum. If you don't feel you can trust yourself to not drink and you came here for support and you used the tools provided by this website, and you made a real effort to get over this hump two things would happen. One you would not drink, and you would know that next time you were in this situation you could succeed at staying sober again. If you don't use what is available here and make an effort to not drink I question why you come to a forum looking for support at all.

Everytime I see someone fail and go out and drink again especially without trying it makes me sad. I have faith in you that you can be happily sober if you really want to be.
    So true. Stop setting yourself up for failure. You can do this. Just because your sick doesn't mean that you can drink. When I started this quit, I had a cold and I didn't let that get me to drink. YOU CAN DO IT! But you really want to do it. You complained before about your hubby not joining you, now he has so what is your excuse now? Just do it, read here, and set a plan and do it. I love it when I see success stories and I know that you have it with you to do it. I am 33 weeks af and trust me, it does get better the longer that you stay af. You won't be getting to the point that I am at right now by drinking. I may still have my moments, but they are getting further apart and weaker. I am living life fully now and not living life and planning on when I will drink next, how much, and then making sure I had nothing the next day so I could nurse my hangover. I don't miss those days at all. In fact, I love the life I have now. Sure I still go out, but I now do it sober and with people that understand that I am not going to drink. I keep myself on alert, and if I feel that I may drink, I don't go. I had a friend who wanted me to get wasted on his birthday. Course that was months ago and he has learned that I am not going to drink again. But I didn't want to risk it so I decided not to go. I think God brought on a cold so that I couldn't go even if I changed my mind, but I wouldn't have gone anyway because of the risk (that and I had no money).

So life does go on and you can still have fun and a full life without the booze. I do and I don't miss the booze at all.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Well...I don't really know what to say...I use this forum to put my thoughts into words so I can go back and read them someday...maybe that's not okay with some but that's what I do.

I never said I was going to drink I just feel that I will because I always have before.

And, yes, exercise is out right now because I can't walk up the stairs without going into a coughing fit...drinking doesn't necessarily require high oxygen delivery.

Dove

Comment

You feel pressured because he's made this commitment to help you right? I feel for you....it must seem that it's an extra weight and not a help at all....that's a shame. Can you talk to him and express this feeling? And tell him you feel so pressured. Maybe then if you feel you are close to failing he'll be able to help you over it....if you are able to talk to him you may be able to have that crunch time pass. If you are able to do something together - or you just get out of the house for a little while it will help. I hope you are able to stay AF. We'll all be thinking of you...
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Yeah I do this out of tough love. I want you to succeed and if doing this helps then go for it.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

dove;1243007 wrote: Well...I don't really know what to say...I use this forum to put my thoughts into words so I can go back and read them someday...maybe that's not okay with some but that's what I do.

I never said I was going to drink I just feel that I will because I always have before.

And, yes, exercise is out right now because I can't walk up the stairs without going into a coughing fit...drinking doesn't necessarily require high oxygen delivery.

Dove
            You sound offended that people really care whether you choose to drink and want to help you not make a bad decision.

If you are on this forum and posting how you see failure in your future I assume you are looking for help/guidance/ maybe a kick in the butt. If you are just posting your thoughts and you don't want advice or help maybe you should let us know that you aren't looking for advice, and you just want to read what you were thinking at a specific time in your life.

I guarantee that no one who commented in this thread was trying to hurt your feelings. But when you say you are sick and use that as an excuse to not workout and not workingout is your excuse that you might drink. Well drinking while you are sick is worse for you than workingout while you are sick. The only reason I know is because I have done both, I even worked out drunk for about 2 years straight, so I hit all the bases. When I hear an excuse like that....which I have even used in the past I know that was just the way I would keep myself in my alcoholic downward spiral after I swore I was going to make an effort to be sober.

Again, I apologize if I have upset you, but I was only doing what I would hope someone would do for me if I felt I was going to give in and I came here and posted my thoughts in this forum.

Comment

Working...
            X