X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th January

Morning firefox and Jc

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Well I'm orff to work.

Stick the kettle on about 6ish. Will yous.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Morning Army, had the best nights sleep for ages , never woke up till 10.15 am, a lovely day off today, nd me and the mrs r off for a drive out, probs got to a beach somewhere, for a january stroll, mario hope u feeling better, and wishing everyone in the army a relaxing day !
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Hello Army-before school pick up check in. Enjoying the last few minutes of silence before the kids get home.
          Sending Mr. Stirly and your family prayers and positive thoughts Stirly:l
          Oney-I agree with the others-Ava will look precious with her little glasses. And of course the most important thing is how they will help her with school and life in general. I'm blind as a bat so I know how frustrating it is (was) not to see as well as the other kids. And I didn't get mine till I was almost 12. So good on you for getting her checked out so young!:goodjob:
          And she can always get contact lenses when she's older to show off her beautiful eyes.
          I hope everyone is having a positive Wednesday! Hope you have a lovely stay at the manor Mrs. A! xxx

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

can I share some nice news

Got a letter from sons school today, saying they were pleased with the number of top effort grades he had in his last report, and that they were going to set up a meeting for him to see the head to congratulate him on his effort so far

He's not very bright bless him and he has a statement for 24.5 hours per week, and the last school nearly crippled his confidence, so it's great that this school seems far more switched on and he loves getting praise!!
            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Stirly just read your news about your Husband's diagnosis. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts going your way. My ex had surgery for colon cancer seven years ago and is still going strong. He is 72 now. My mother also had surgery about 15 years ago and is still up and atem. There are support groups now for cancer patients and their families which you might find helpful as well.
              It's hard with the uncertainty but keeping your spirits up will have a positive effect on the outcome. :l
              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
              November 2, 2012

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Yoohoo guys,

Just dropping by to send some :l:l to Stirly and let you know I'll be thinking of you and your family during the next few weeks. Cancer is such a frightener to hear but you are right to remain positive as nowadays the outcome is often very bright. I know it's easier said than done and I had a bit of a scare last summer but it all worked out well in the end.

Hi to everyone else,

Dewdrop :h
                Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Evening all,

Stick the kettle on, I'm pooped.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Stirly: what the others said - much love and you and your family will be in my thoughts :l:l:l

Oners: I can still remember my sense of wonderment when I got my glasses at age 12. I can remember looking out of the classroom window and being able to distinguish individual leaves on the tree outside. She's going to love being able to see everythnig properly. The eldest cub also wears glasses, but he puts in contacts most of the time. It works like a charm once they're a bit older.

Pingu: the power of recognition is amazing. Just the acknowledment of your son's progress is sure to spur him on even further :goodjob: to him.

:hallo: to the rest of the Army

I wish things would cool down a bit... still struggling in this heat.
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Hello, JC

I knew you were coming, so I got a BIG mug of tea ready for you

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Why thank you kind sir,

Mind you I'd be peeing all night after that.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

How was work, JC?
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Fabtastic.
                            Still getting a buzz out of it. Only 3 crosswords done and a load of banter with the HepC support group members.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Hiya Troopers.

First of all I want to say a huge thank you to all of you dear people who have posted in response to my post this morning about Mr. Stirly. Just the fact that you care so much helps me tremendously. And knowing that you will have us in your thoughts and prayers gives me the strength to stay as positive as possible through all of this. I know we've got a rough road ahead of us and it's not going to be easy but I know we'll do our best to fight this and win the battle. Others have, so we will, too. Again, thank you all so much for your kind words. :h

Tipster, where in the world did you find such a huge cup of tea? Do all things in Saffaland come in XXXXXL size?
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Hi everyone, I can't add to what has already been said today folks.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X