Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demoralised

Hi all.
    I just want to moan and vent, because ever since going sober - 2nd December and 45 days ago, my skin is terrible ! I rarely get spots, but now,I seem to be developing new ones by the day. I'm always told how young I look, but right now Im feeling old. Old and spotty. My hair is dull and won't co-operate, and well basically I look much worse than I ever did in the drink ! It's so not fair. I keep reminding myself, that I abused my body for so many years, that it's not just gonna get better overnight. I'm also thinking, if Im gonna look so crappy, I may as well drink, cuz at least I'll look better than I do now.
    I've been trying to get sober since january 2004, and have never been able to string more that 2 days together, and they were months an months apart. 45 days is an absolute miracle for me, and I still don't know how I'm doing it. The worst lowest of the low experience, to date (that 2nd December),Loads of AA meetings, and good sober company is making me hang in there for now, but damn this is hard.

XxX
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Demoralised

Step, don't let that 'stinkin' thinkin' get a hold in your brain now! You've come so far to throw it out. It depends on how much you were drinking daily how long it will for your body to adjust. Wouldn't you rather be spotty for a while than spotting your liver and doing foolish things because of AL? Find you a good thread here and get the support of people you come to know. Go back and re-read toolbox, all the 'sticky' threads, and the next the 'i might as well drink' even STARTS to wiggle into your brain, do a 180 and jump to something else in your brain, OK? Keep posting, please. :hug:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...day-43098.html
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...e-2-54755.html
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Demoralised

Hey You! :welcome: Don't forget you may not have been eating very well when you were drinking, and you may be releasing all sorts of toxins through your skin now that you are not drinking. Your liver may be cleansing itself too.

So much goes on in our bodies 'behind our backs' so to speak. Give yourself a chance to heal. And that's a very good suggestion - get on a thread that is VERY active - like Newbie's Nest, and post and read lots. You'll find lots of friendship and support. Ask your questions there and you'll not be so alone. I've notice lots of spots too but I know it's just hormones acting up. I just dab on a little 'war paint' and I'm good to go.

Try to see this in a positive light. Are you a young lady? This could be a hormonal change that is natural for you. You could have a hidden allergy.

BUT BEING SOBER IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING. Honey, hang around, read read read. We want to help :h:h:h:h:
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Demoralised

Ill echo what the others have said.....you simply can NOT let what is happening deter you from quitting AL. I have to say, having been a 20 year drunk, and being sober now, Id rather look like Quasimodo, and be AF, than look like Fabio and put poison in my body.

Granted that comes from a 44 yo male......"grooming" for me means putting a baseball hat on, and walking out the door.......LOL

Please just stick with it, everything shall return to normal shortly I would think

And good job on the AF stint
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Demoralised

Thank you for your kind encouraging words. I did read somewhere, someone who affectionately referred to theirs, as 'quit-zits'. I don't hate em quite so much now !
          I think, as long as I can see some improvements from not drinking, then I can keep going. I know I have to anyway. It's do or die for me now.
          xxx
          Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Demoralised

skin problems

I think that's normal with a detox. Could a dermatologist possibly help? Maybe you should refrain from using any commercial products for a while. That is temporary. You can avoid some social situations if you need to for a while, if you are feeling self-conscious.

I am not a fan of slogans but "stinkin' thinking" really seems appropriate here. I also read another member who was warning about "sneaky voice."

Beware! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Demoralised

and

Drink a lot of water.

Comment

Demoralised

I had an awful amount of spots when I moved. It was because of stress (that I wasn't even aware of). My doctor prescribed a cream and it has worked.
                I too suffer from dull skin and hair when I quit. Just take extra good care of yourself and it will pass.
                Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                November 2, 2012

Comment

Demoralised

Hi, Step.

Can you email me or sens me a PM? Been worried about you.

TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Demoralised

nelz you look like fabio to all of us.
                    hi everyone, just checking in, need to gget my butt into gear for work. everyone seems to be doing well. keep it going
                    my zits are coming out in force but how else is the grog supposed to leave our bodies, other than sweating it out.
                    take care all
                    DAY 3 and hanging in there and not by a thread!
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Demoralised

Hang in there, it all goes away in time. Al does horrid things to our poor bodies. Pamper yourself for awhile.
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                      X