Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th January

Recluse;1246365 wrote:
    Speaking of FB, when are you two gonna get round to responding to my "add friend" requests, tips and patty? :upset:
    I haven't logged on to FB in months, Reccie. In fact, I've considered deactivating my account.

Nice to see you, RC :hallo: - I harvested my first few cayenne peppers / chillis, by the way - will post a piccie sometime this week.

Good morning Tabbers
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Hi Reccie, I am doing really well thanks, feels somehow different this time around, or maybe that is wishful thinking. You sound good, how are you finding it?
      Hi Tips, well done on the bonus, bet you earned it. In my experience they aren't given out for sitting twiddling ones fingers.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

tiptronic_ct;1246383 wrote:
        Nice to see you, RC :hallo: - I harvested my first few cayenne peppers / chillis, by the way - will post a piccie sometime this week.
        Good stuff, or hot stuff as the case may be.
        Would you post a little heads up in the Canuck's thread so's I don't miss it please?
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

KTAB;1246389 wrote: Hi Reccie, I am doing really well thanks, feels somehow different this time around, or maybe that is wishful thinking. You sound good, how are you finding it?
          That's good to hear, ktabs. I really hope it is different for you this time around. You've been AF all this year so far, I believe, and it would be a real shame to break that record.

Most of the time I'm fine and it feels easy, but every once in while I get cravings and then have to convince myself all over again that the path I've set out on is the only one with a future. To be expected, I guess.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

KTAB;1246389 wrote: Hi Tips, well done on the bonus, bet you earned it. In my experience they aren't given out for sitting twiddling ones fingers.
            Errrr.....except if you happen to be a banker or an executive director of a FTSE 100 company.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Recluse;1246404 wrote: Errrr.....except if you happen to be a banker or an executive director of a FTSE 100 company.
              :H:H:H
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

That's exactly how it has always been for me when trying to quit, I awake full of the joys and full of positivity then by late afternoons beer sounds good. I WAS a daily drinker even if it was only a couple I needed my 'medicine'. So when I quit before and now it follows the same pattern, once I get over the first few days I am grand until out if the blue a craving hits me like a tidal wave and at first it seems impossible not to give in but like a wave it passes. So what I do now is imagine it like a huge wave, I brace myself and allow it to hit and wash over my head, for I know it will. Now here is the good news, those waves become much less frequent as the days and weeks pass and much less vicious. I think maybe after a long time they maybe come no higher than our knees but we always have to be on the lookout for the big wave on the horizon and if we think the water is calm and decide against our better judgement to go for a little swim we soon find that there are viscous undercurrents. So once we manage to get on dry land we should stay there, I know that's where I want to be.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

KTAB;1246409 wrote: That's exactly how it has always been for me when trying to quit, I awake full of the joys and full of positivity then by late afternoons beer sounds good. I WAS a daily drinker even if it was only a couple I needed my 'medicine'. So when I quit before and now it follows the same pattern, once I get over the first few days I am grand until out if the blue a craving hits me like a tidal wave and at first it seems impossible not to give in but like a wave it passes. So what I do now is imagine it like a huge wave, I brace myself and allow it to hit and wash over my head, for I know it will. Now here is the good news, those waves become much less frequent as the days and weeks pass and much less vicious. I think maybe after a long time they maybe come no higher than our knees but we always have to be on the lookout for the big wave on the horizon and if we think the water is calm and decide against our better judgement to go for a little swim we soon find that there are viscous undercurrents. So once we manage to get on dry land we should stay there, I know that's where I want to be.
                  Wonderful describes the feeling precisely. Thanks KTAB

Hello Army Peeps Cold over here as well Wrecky and Patty. Big hello also to Tips (well done BTW) Scottish Lass, RC.:h

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

I think what you are describing is the same as what my alcohol worker calls "urge surfing" tabbers, but you put it much more eloquently. Speaking for myself, I can't risk giving in to the urges. If I don't make it first time around, it will be much harder to believe I can make it second time.

Good morning Mrs A Have you recovered from your hike on Sunday?

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Hi Anon, thanks.

Reccie wondering is your al worker an ex alkie? I know for a fact personally that it becomes harder and there is no doubt in my mind that this is progressive, so that leaves us with the obvious conclusion that there is no time like the present to stop this thing that rots our minds and bodies and our relationships with all who come into contact with a drunken us.

Now then I can tell you here and now you are going to make it, I just know it. Just make yourself one promise, before you think to put a drink to your lips come here and post. I have been guilty in the past of saying ah f**k it and drinking then coming here after the fact. Well what use is that? We see it here most days, people post ah I'm back on day one, after the horse has bolted. I dont want to hear platitudes about that is ok, try again, I want a kick up the arse before not after and the only way I am going to stay dry is by posting when I need help and before I make the wrong choice.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Yes recovered from my lovely hike on Sunday then feeling I was invincible did a 6 mile run yesterday and NOW I am knackered. I slept for 10 hours and am starving.
                        I am going to have a rest day. have you got your trainers yet Recluse?

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

xpost Ktab Fxxk thinking is also so accurate

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Good morning.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Morning Mario, just off for a swim, you and Jim meeting up later or do you have work today?

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

KTAB;1246435 wrote: Morning Mario, just off for a swim, you and Jim meeting up later or do you have work today?
                                Morning ktab, Nice and easy today, no work till feb, Are you going swimming in the sea

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X