Army Thread 17th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th January

wow busy, busy here this morn, all sounding positive..

I?mbouncing around on a bus got at 7:30,had to drop poor ollie off in his jammies & slippers at my friends house.
    Gotta be in front of judge at 9am to get my driving licence back..it?s up north & for us islanders it?s a hike, esp on the bus..
    Writing all this on my "smart" fone hee hee .. Why the heck they call it that I don?t know...
    Okies getting dizzy, at least the sunn is coming up, you wouldn?t believe the jumpers & jacket I got on..
    But 17degs is cold for us Brrrrr...xxxx:l

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

My AL worker hasn't said anything to indicate that he's an ex-alkie, tabs. He worked for 6 years as a trained counsellor and then, for the past 18 months or so, he has been working with alkies and drug addicts. I'll try to remember to ask him on Friday.

Everyone is different, but I think that failure first time around would damage my confidence and make it much harder to succeed second time. I don't handle failure very well.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I don't have that degree of confidence in myself, but I'm not contemplating failure either, if that makes any sense. I have to think positively.

I don't keep drink in the house, so have to get in the car to go and get some, which is a handy thing under the circumstances. I will try to do as you say and come here whenever I am tempted to get in the car to buy drink.

Sorry for the me, me, me post.

Glad you enjoyed your hike, whizzy. I reckon you deserve a day off after that and your run yesterday! Yesterday didn't quite go according to plan, owing to sleep issues, so the trainers didn't get bought. Going to try again today though. Anyway, enjoy your day off!

Morning Mario and Jan

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

mario;1246437 wrote: Morning ktab, Nice and easy today, no work till feb, Are you going swimming in the sea
        Are you crazy :nutso::nutso::nutso:

Hi Jan, good luck for today. I wont be happy when I live in the sun and its only 17 either

Sheesh gotta run.......
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Enjoy your swim, ktabs and good luck with your license, jan.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Good morning Tippers, Scottish, Expatty, Reccybear, RC, Ktabbers, Mrs A, Mariooooooooooo, LJ and all those yet to drop by.

Wonderful posts this morning. I've always likened a craving to a contraction when giving birth. Hurts like all hell at the time but soon passes.

Well done Tippers, seeing how you're going to have 2 wives to support soon.(I'll bring me cheesecake recipe as dowry)
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Morning Army,

Well done Tipps, a bit of extra cash is always a positive if u have too much cash, send a little to england,i'm sure me and the rest of the army will know how to spend it
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Enjoy ur swim KTAB and i agree them spammers need a good dealing with, there was a post where loops partner had died and members were giving there support and people were spamming left right and centre, very inconsiderate with someone just passing on.
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Morning Pinky,

Meant to ask you the other day. Where are you doing your degree?
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Hellooooooooooooooo again, Army

Lunchtime check-in. I was just watching some tourists walking past earlier. My God - they're wilting in this heat :H:H:H
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

Thanks for the congratulations, folksies - I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, any Saffa Rands converted to Euro or GBP ends up being practically worthless :upset:

And as JC says: it is expensive to keep two wives.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

I don't cost a lot to feed these days.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

tiptronic_ct;1246469 wrote: Thanks for the congratulations, folksies - I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, any Saffa Rands converted to Euro or GBP ends up being practically worthless :upset:

And as JC says: it is expensive to keep two wives.
                          Soooo if I earn loads of yo yos in Ireland, then sell all of my properties and land and then retire to the sun in SA I will be a millionaire and have a big mansion and lots of nice motorbikes to ride in the nice weather?
                          Back from my swim and I am wrecked, 40 lengths was probably pushing it so early on.

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

KTAB;1246473 wrote: Soooo if I earn loads of yo yos in Ireland, then sell all of my properties and land and then retire to the sun in SA I will be a millionaire and have a big mansion and lots of nice motorbikes to ride in the nice weather?
                            Exacketely. Lots of expats from Europe here.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

JackieClaire;1246471 wrote: I don't cost a lot to feed these days.
                              Ah, but you'll need to fatten up again. A bit of of extra girth is regarded as a status symbol over here
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 17th January

tiptronic_ct;1246481 wrote: Ah, but you'll need to fatten up again. A bit of of extra girth is regarded as a status symbol over here
                                I should be ok then :upset::upset::upset:

Comment

Working...
                                X