Army Thread 23 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 23 January

Pingu been staying away due to stuff going on at home......and sick kids....
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

You OK now, Pingu? :l
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Evening all,

No embuggerances at all today and rather pleasant it was I'm pleased to say.

Dawg, Tips, hate to say this but that sounds just like me mother. She needed some heavy duty detoxing after she broke her arm.

Glad to see you back, Pingu:l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

:hello2:ARMY!!!

Have just logged in and haven't read any posts expept Zennie-butt's as I hit the New Post button and it popped up first. Off to take a quick peek over today's thread. Anyone want to do a quick synopsis of what I've missed over the past couple of days. Well lots more really but I meant since the last time I got a chance to post. Is the Panda-Man about? He does a good synopsis.

Orf to read back....
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Hiya JC & Zennie
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

And Stirly :l:l:l
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Well yoooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooos and general wavings all round to Stirls and Zens.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

And your very own yooooooooooo hooooooooooooo Tips.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Warning!!! Large multi-quote to follow...

one2many;1249497 wrote: Good Morning guys,

2 sick girls here today (as soon as they go back to school they pick up another bug, I really wish parents would keep their sick kids at home and not pass on the infection...Grrr, it really annoys me.)

Anyway, have a GREAT Monday guys, a brand new week, full of opportunities, make it a GOOD ONE!Hope those girls are back to feeling better ASAP. Did you ever post a picture of Ava's new glasses?
                    one2many;1249504 wrote: I am doing great Ktab, dealing with my internet addiction (very well I might add), doing some classes, trying to stop worrying about turning 40 next month and making plans for the future.Still have lots of money worries but nowt I can do about that so I aint worrying
                    Oney-bint - it's only just a number. That's all it is. Seriously, you really are only as old as you feel. I turn 60 in August and I have to admit that a couple of times I went WTF - Sixty??? Me?? I can't be that old. Then I realized that first, it's not old - my Mom turns 82 this summer and she's so young at heart you'd never guess that she was a day over 60. Consider the positive things - I'm lucky to still be alive when you think of how many people never get to be this age or your age or even 20 years old. I have so many things to be grateful for that one more candle on my b-day cake only means that I have been alive and enjoying life for one more year. You're young, you're healthy and you have a happy, loving family. Girl, it doesn't get better than that.
                    one2many;1249509 wrote: I am finding it VERY difficult and hard to accept, I never thought it would happen to me..I am old!Try saying this - I'm going to be 40 years young. Of course it would happen to you, that you would turn 40, unless you died before. So tell me, which is better. You're still alive and have at least that many years ahead of you to enjoy your life, your children growing up to become adults and make their own families. A zillion things ahead of you to experience and enjoy.
                    one2many;1249513 wrote: Oh Christ, I am too old for sex!Um, er, my Mom is still having sex. Not that she talks about it. But it's very obvious the way her and her companion act around each other. It's one of the things that keep them young at heart and enjoying their older years.
                    JackieClaire;1249511 wrote: Look at it this way Oney.

Sex is much better at 55..........................shame I live at number 9
                    :H:H Good one Jackie.
                    JackieClaire;1249517 wrote:
                    My worst birthday was my 35th. Gawd knows why. But to top the day off we went out for a meal and there was someone with the same fecking dress on as me.
                    It happened to me once. Same bikini 30 yards down the beach. And older son pointed it out to me. And hers was at least one size smaller.:upset:
                    KTAB;1249525 wrote:
                    I bet you looked better, dresses just dont suit some blokes.

:H:H You're right about that KTABbers...

littlepinkcat;1249536 wrote:
                    Yeah Ktab, AF lifestyle and wrinkle cream = a younger pink cat
                    Love your new avatar Pinky.
                    Zenstyle;1249602 wrote:
                    Marnin'/arvo!

Lovely day here in S Florida. Which is just as well as there is a new project being undertaken in the Zen household. The bloomin' garage door has gone on the fritz. ( We're going to attempt fixing it ourselves as these door mechanics are robbing buggers. Looks doable enough, judging by the instructional video on Youtube! You're braver than I am to give it a try.
                    pingu1997;1249632 wrote: If anyone wants piglet next could they send me a pm. thanksHope you posted that on the Piglet thread as well. Haven't had time to check it out.
                    tiptronic_ct;1249642 wrote: Yello PinguPants

Oh dear... Just spoken to SIL. My mom packed a bottle of brandy for my father I hope the doctor or nurses find it and confiscate it. I reckon they should detox him.
                    Tips - hope all goes well with your Dad. I guess your Mom doesn't realize how serious things are.

pingu1997;1249652 wrote:
                    Pingu been staying away due to stuff going on at home......and sick kids....
                    Hope they're on the mend soon. Hate it when kids are sick.

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Stirls has done a magnificent multiquote............it's is so lovely to see you
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Zenstyle;1249665 wrote: Yoooo Hooooo Stirly!!!!! )

How is Mr Stirly and how is you?Mr. Stirly is greatly improved. He's up and about several times a day, walking in the corridor outside his room. They removed his IV bag today and will give him a new one tomorrow. He feasted on camomile tea with a little sugar yesterday and got some soup broth with angel hair pasta today and a wee bit of some kind of milk pudding. I expect he got the soup for supper as well. It's the first thing close to real food that he's had since a week ago today. I thought he'd wolf down the soup but he only had a couple of spoonfuls. He didn't like it.

I'm fine, still going strong. I get home late tho' and have little or no time for the computer. I wanted to log in earlier but I made the mistake (figure of speech) of calling Mr. Stirly's sister to update her on his condition. That took me all of two minutes and the rest of the 45-minute conversation was pretty well her talking to me about this, that and the other. She needed to talk tho' so I let her and answered appropriately. She's alone and 7-8 hours from here by car and couldn't be here for the surgery or the recovery period and had really stressed out about it all. So she needed someone to listen and I was glad to let her talk. She's the one I posted about a year or so ago, who's only child crashed his car and died while driving drunk and 15 months later her husband died of cancer. So very, very sad, but she got through it and continues to do her best to exist on a day-to-day basis.
                        tiptronic_ct;1249668 wrote: And Stirly :l:l:l
                        :huggy right back atcha Tipster.
                        JackieClaire;1249669 wrote:
                        Well yoooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooos and general wavings all round to Stirls and Zens.
                        :wavin: Yoooooooooooo Hooooooooooo to Yooooooooou Too-oooooooo!!

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Evening folks, great news on Mr S. Just need to say no way are you having a big birthday in aug Stirly, I have seen the pictures and would have you ten years younger at least.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Sounds like hospital food's the same world wide. Utter yuk.

Glad to here he's up and about.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Evening all,

thanks for the update on Mr stirly and yourself, stirls. Good to hear that things appear to be going as well as could be hoped for. Please keep checking in when you can :l.

Sorry to hear about your father tips. I hope things turn out ok. Was there a specific event that caused your mother to have him hospitalized?

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Hi Zen, if I was a bit nearer I would offer to come and see if I could fix your garage door, I'm a handyman remember.
                                Tips just reading back, tough situation with your dad and you are so right, things quickly get put into perspective when illness or accidents strike out of the blue. It's a good reminder of what's really important in life and not to sweat the small stuff.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X