Army Thread 23 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 23 January

stirly-girly;1249674 wrote: It happened to me once. Same bikini 30 yards down the beach. And older son pointed it out to me. And hers was at least one size smaller.:upset:
    :H:H:H

Sorry!!!

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

hello you lot - Stirls glad to hear about Mr Stirls
      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

JackieClaire;1249686 wrote: Sounds like hospital food's the same world wide. Utter yuk.
        That's how they tell if you are still sick - when you realise the food is disgusting - you are good enough to go home

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

catch ya laters zenners

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Zenstyle;1249693 wrote: LMAO @ the bikini!!!

Tabbers... I managed to change the extension springs but the door is kinda wobbly when its going down. I think maybe the cables are looser on one side... could that be it? I oiled the whole shebang too. I wish you DID live closer! Damn house repairs!!! )
            Sounds like the springs are too loose maybe, is there anyway of adjusting the tension on the springs?

Zeppie2;1249696 wrote:
            That's how they tell if you are still sick - when you realise the food is disgusting - you are good enough to go home
            :H:H too true.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Yo Zeppie

Zeppie2;1249696 wrote: That's how they tell if you are still sick - when you realise the food is disgusting - you are good enough to go home
              When I was in horspital with phewmonia years ago I adored the food. Turns out it was a side effect of the steroids.

Hewwo Tabbers,Reccybear laters Zens.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Howaya JC, feeling a little queasy but just about to eat my dinner anyway, might be a mistake...
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Zenstyle;1249684 wrote: I'm glad to hear he's improving Stirls. He'll have lost a bit of weight then if he hasn't been able to eat. I guess with the type of surgery it was, they'd have to give the elimination process a rest... (she said tactfully!) )

Hospital food is never very nice... and he's used to Stirly cooking... so he's bound to be a bit disgruntled at the quality of the fare!Zennie, he's bound to lose some weight but then he's not been active at all so is burning way less calories. He's used to being at the store all day and getting orders ready and going out to visit customers to deliver orders and to collect money. And he walks about 4 kilometres every evening. So he is burning much, much less calories than what he is used to. So far, I don't see much difference - it would show first in his face. As for the food, it will be a slow and very careful procedure to get him back eating the food he's used to. No fibre is allowed - no fruits and vegetables except maybe potatoes and carrots and chicken boiled and then processed in the blender. I am going to request a list of allowed and forbidden foods from the Dietitians/Nutritionists at the hospital before he is released. No way do I want to have complications from giving him something he shouldn't eat.
                  KTAB;1249685 wrote: Evening folks, great news on Mr S. Just need to say no way are you having a big birthday in aug Stirly, I have seen the pictures and would have you ten years younger at least.:blush::blush:KTAB - you are just too kind.:bigwink:
                  JackieClaire;1249686 wrote:
                  Sounds like hospital food's the same world wide. Utter yuk.

Glad to here he's up and about.
                  He's up and about and not in pain. Which is unbelievable considering how recently he had the surgery. Even the incision doesn't hurt. Maybe he's just super insensitive.
                  Recluse;1249687 wrote:
                  Evening all,

thanks for the update on Mr stirly and yourself, stirls. Good to hear that things appear to be going as well as could be hoped for. Please keep checking in when you can .
                  Haven't been able to check in as often as I would have liked to due to getting home late every day.

And now I'm off again to walk Freddo-doggie and then to bed.

Wishing all of you...

Hopefully tomorrow will be less hectic at work and I'll get the chance to log in during the day.

Thank you all once again for caring so much. :h
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

my point exactly JC - after my car accident they wouldn't let me leave til I had something to eat - Yuckers

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

have a nice walk and snooze Stirls

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Zeppie2;1249692 wrote: hello you lot - Stirls glad to hear about Mr Stirls
                        Just saw this as I was about to log out. Hope all is well with you Zeppie. Sending huge :huggy your way. My BIL posted this earlier today on FB and I thought of you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a57ibUayKc&feature=share[/video]]Jasmine foster greyhound - YouTube

What a darling dog she is....
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

thanks Stirls - my greyhounds wouldn't sit that close to a rabbit - the wild ones around here drive them mental as the hoppity hop about through the fence

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

Nighters Stirls,

I'm orff to get me dinner.

S'laters.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

happy munching JC

Comment

Army Thread 23 January

I wish I was still 40!

one2many: it's a myth about 40. Forty is the new 30. We are all 16 inside regardless of the number we hit on our birthday. I had my last kid at 41 At my dau's school, I'm old enough to be the mom of the moms! I cracked up one day when one of the moms said she felt so old at 32! I hope your 40th is awesome: Go zip-lining or escape to a spa. I went to a hot springs on my last birthday and it was heaven. Happy birthday!

Comment

Working...
                                X