Army Thread 25th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 25th January

Jan, I sent you a wordy pm but wanted to reiterate here. If what you are looking at in your son is a conduct disorder, it is a very big deal. It is bigger than you, and it is not your fault. You have every right to protect yourself, protect your home and make choices based on your OWN best interests. I'm thinking of you and hoping that the psychologist is a God send for you.
    Ginger

You are here:
    sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

JackieClaire;1250555 wrote: Have to admit the first time we went it's because we couldn't be arsed to drive all the way to the Isle of Skye, we just fell in love with the place and we could take Black Bess.

Oban tourism information and accommodation, Argyll, Scotland
      The drive to Skye is a bugger, isn't it? No matter where you're coming from. Oban does look like an interesting place to visit....must put it on my To Do list.

Hope you have a good afternoon at work.

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Morning Army,

I'm going to butt in and offer my own perspective and support on top of the very wise words of KT and JC. I find it very difficult to believe that you, Jan, would work so hard to bring Ollie home only to willingly fall into your addictions again and voluntarily send him away again.

So, I believe you need to protect yourself and Ollie from his own volatile emotions right now. Without a doubt you need to find the right therapists for you both and may very well mean Ollie going into some kind of home or (who knows) having someone live with you for support and "intervention" of sorts?

As for addictions/abusive behaviour yes they are not inevitable as you say Tips but highly likely if not addressed now. These behaviours could be genetic, reactive or learned and it is very difficult to distinguish the difference sometimes.

I really just want to offer you my empathy Jan as this can not be an easy situation to deal with or for sure not an easy decision to make. No pills, no booze and complete honesty with therapists is your very basic first steps. Be well and safe. xo
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

littlepinkcat;1250517 wrote: Hiya Army, how's everyone? , A cold morning here, traffic siunds busy outside with the morning rush hour, I've got Universoty soon, and have been up since half 6 preparing an essay, as i have to prepare for ten topics for an unseen exam, that requires an essay style answer, and the teacher will pick a few topics nearer the time and they will be on the exam and u have to prepare for all of them as she isn't telling you what shes picking till the end of her teaching and you are not allowed to take any books in or any notes, and have to write a full essay, with references, and to top it all off thats only half of the exam the other half is critquing a research article and agin you can take nothing in the exam with you to help you. So as you can see I'm very busy with all this exam crap, lol............ and I have two seperate essays that i have to hand in on different subjects, well i say they like to work us students to the bone, lol.
          Thats enough of my morning rant, hope everyone is well
          Wow - this is humbling, after spending most of last evening trying to help my daughter with her sixth grade algebra and finding myself completely lost and useless. I'm sure I did sixth grade algebra at one time in my life (maybe in sixth grade?) but no scrap of it has been retained in my rotting cortex. How pathetic.
          Coco

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hiya Gang, wishing peace to Jan and Ollie, thansk for all the kind comments on me exams, there in May so plenty of time, Coco: algebra is a mindfield, i think thats why our brains forget it , that and the fact, we never actually use it in most careers, so its easily forgotten
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

You might not be good at math, Coco-Nutty, but you sure have a way with words
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

X-post :hallo: LPC
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Although I prefer "Pinky"
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

tiptronic_ct;1250634 wrote: You might not be good at math, Coco-Nutty, but you sure have a way with words
                    Sure and that's going to help me when I need to find out the area of a triangle.
                    Coco

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

I bet if I took my little red hat off my brain would fall out.
                      Coco

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Coco-Nut;1250646 wrote: Sure and that's going to help me when I need to find out the area of a triangle.
                        Absolutely, yes. You'll be able to bullshit someone into doing it for you while you sit back and relax.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Coco-Nut;1250647 wrote: I bet if I took my little red hat off my brain would fall out.
                          Yes. Well. Urmmm... As if... You're as attached to that hat as Starty is to her underpants.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

tiptronic_ct;1250637 wrote: Although I prefer "Pinky"
                            I prefer "Pinky" too.
                            Good afternoon Army. I'm like a lot of you-I would love to get away for a holiday. Even a little one! Money, time, pug dog...a few things that are holding me back but I have a very long wish list-and it keeps getting longer thanks to you lads.
                            I must agree with some of the other comments posted here today-Jan please get all the help you can as soon as possible. I have a wild little boy too so I can really understand it's not easy. I won't repeat everything the others have already said but I'd like to add that you must take care of yourself before you can help Ollie. You were abused by Ollie's father and it seems to me that you are still suffering from it and perhaps comparing Ollie to his dad because you have not healed yet. Hopefully, you can find (or continue with) a trained therapist who could help you. No-it's not acceptable for Ollie to act in a violent manner towards you-but it's not too late to get help. He is NOT his father. :l

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Coco-Nut;1250646 wrote: Sure and that's going to help me when I need to find out the area of a triangle.
                              You could talk someone into doing it for you.

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

tiptronic_ct;1250648 wrote: Absolutely, yes. You'll be able to bullshit someone into doing it for you while you sit back and relax.
                                oops-we think alike Tips:H

Comment

Working...
                                X