WASTING MY LIFE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WASTING MY LIFE!!

K9Lover;1251132 wrote: I agree with MWOLady...do NOT leave the boards (please!)! Look at what you started here...so many of us can identify with your words! We are all in this together. I too want to stop the obsessive "thinking" about damn alcohol. Why did I let the bastard take over so much of my life? And why when I quit do I still give it so much of my time? That's what I am trying to figure out. HOW to let it go. I don't want to think about it or research it or obsess about it anymore. I have found that Antabuse has taken 90% of this obsession away. I take my pill in the morning and I KNOW I can't drink. But I still find myself thinking about it a lot, and not in a yearning, craving kind of way. It's just like a nagging itch that I can't ever seem to scratch. Maybe I just need to learn to live with it? I'm hoping in time it will stop itching as much. Keep fighting the good fight Tips, and I will to...lets do it together!
    :h
    K9
    We should start another thread to gain strength to get on with our lives when we have been A/F for a long time LOL... I would miss this forum if I left it. I really like you guys. I feel like I've made some friends here. A little visit once a day like checking facebook would be great but my goal is to rid myself of what you described. Man, sensitive people like us need to get ourselves enlightened to help guide our children and grandchildren in making this world a better place. Booze and obessing over it only stunts us...

Feeling strong today thanks to all of you.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Tipp...you sound so strong right now....that makes me happy!!! We can all do this together.
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Day two completed and had an absolute blast four wheeling with my newly abstinent friends. The only one that drank was hubby; one beer and then most of a bottle of wine for dinner. It doesn't bother me at all. I am feeling strong as Mama Bear says. I'm happy too Mama Bear; I feel like we're part of a extreme sport team. And We're Kicking Some Serious Butt !!
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Tipplerette;1251320 wrote: Day two completed and had an absolute blast four wheeling with my newly abstinent friends. The only one that drank was hubby; one beer and then most of a bottle of wine for dinner. It doesn't bother me at all. I am feeling strong as Mama Bear says. I'm happy too Mama Bear; I feel like we're part of a extreme sport team. And We're Kicking Some Serious Butt !!
          'Atta GURL!!!!!
          You just made my day!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

You go Tips!

Sounds like mad fun! I've never done that.

Stay strong and don't go away! No matter what.

Now don't make me come up there!

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Hell at this point I would give you all my address and we could have a four-wheeling, hot-tubbing, karaoke singing, Wi-playing, snowshoeing, stomping good old time together. I would party with any of you any time. Partying has taken on a whole new level of fun... sober fun that is.

Day three and thanks to MWO, I think I have kicked that AL bitch to the curb for the final time. Whoa, Tips, don't be too cocky... seems to always blow up in yer face.

After our friends left last night, being sober, I actually tidied the kitchen, flossed my teeth and locked the doors before retiring for the night. Slept like a baby. Loving it.
              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Tipplerette;1251527 wrote: Hell at this point I would give you all my address and we could have a four-wheeling, hot-tubbing, karaoke singing, Wi-playing, snowshoeing, stomping good old time together. I would party with any of you any time. Partying has taken on a whole new level of fun... sober fun that is.

Day three and thanks to MWO, I think I have kicked that AL bitch to the curb for the final time. Whoa, Tips, don't be too cocky... seems to always blow up in yer face.

After our friends left last night, being sober, I actually tidied the kitchen, flossed my teeth and locked the doors before retiring for the night. Slept like a baby. Loving it.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhh, you forgot to mention "two wheeled fun" just sayin..........:H
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

You are ROCKIng it girl....doesn't it feel awesome to sleep well and wake up energized???

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Sorry Nelz, we sold the Harley a few months ago but all our friends still have theirs. Hubby regrets selling it and is now looking for a Bar-Hopper. It's the lifestyle he misses most. Freedom !! He just bought the new Arctic Cat side x side. His was # 62 off the assembly line so it's the latest, fastest, blah, blah, blah.. all those things I could care less about. I like it cos it's comfortable and has great suspension so when we hit the frozen ice on the lake my neck doesn't snap and jerk.

Sure feel good this morning, all bathed, shaved, hair-doood, maked up, bed made, clear headed, flatter bellied... the list goes on. What was I thinking... stinkin' thinkin' that's what it was.
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

I've got the biggest grin on me mug :winkmonkey:

You go, girl! Have an awesome weekend!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Grinnin' right back atcha!! You too enjoy your weekend.
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Tips you are doing so good! Loving your posts and your attitude! Isn't it nice to get ready for bed instead of just passing out? You get extra credit though because you actually flossed your teeth, I haven't made it quite to that level yet. Now that I look again, you passed me up on the shaving and bed-making too. LOL

Keep it up girl, you are rockin' this!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Hey the reason I mentioned it is because it's unique. It's fantastic. Trying to build on the positives. I love your "I love my daughter more than alcohol" slogan. My kids and granddaughter are huge motivators for me too K9Lover. Can't wait to see the little one this weekend. Have a good one.
                            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

i am shaved too:H:H
                              but not flossed.....

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

I'm going to go AF. I just ordered some antabuse as a back-up so having a glass of wine will not even be a choice. You are right Tip. There's little point in any kind of "managing" an addiction, at least for me. No matter how well I feel like I'm doing, if my life still revolves around any substance, that substance owns me. I'm done being owned!

I hope you keep up the kick-ass, four-wheeling, late-night-flossing sobriety that you've found. I'm going to join you there.
                                Ginger

You are here:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X