WASTING MY LIFE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Hey Frenchman, that is exactly what we all need to hear. Thanks. Congratulations on 46 days. That's one hell of an accomplishment.

Day six for me and this site has been my rock. I know I never would have put in the weekend A/F without checking in here as my DIL really pushed the wine on Saturday to the point of actually pouring me a glass and plopping it in front of me.

Feeling stronger every day.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

that was kind of mean of her Tipp......
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

I used to get up every day and say 'I will not drink today' then I would say 'I will start next week' or 'after the weekend' or 'it has been a very difficult day I wll start tomorrow' there was always an excuse. Now I have had 24 alcohol free days. I feel very isolated, very ashamed and crave food all the time which is terrible as I lost 30kgs last year and I really don't want to put them back on. Cant concentrate to read. Have to try and find other things or a new hobby that doesn't involve alcohol. Any suggestions????

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

mama bear;1253372 wrote: that was kind of mean of her Tipp......
          To be fair, she wasn't aware of my not drinking plan when she did it. Like us all, she hates drinking alone and was on her 2nd pure vodka martini. She's got her faults but I didn't think there were any mean intentions. Thanks, Mama Bear, we've got each other's backs eh!!
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

belgium;1253375 wrote: I used to get up every day and say 'I will not drink today' then I would say 'I will start next week' or 'after the weekend' or 'it has been a very difficult day I wll start tomorrow' there was always an excuse. Now I have had 24 alcohol free days. I feel very isolated, very ashamed and crave food all the time which is terrible as I lost 30kgs last year and I really don't want to put them back on. Cant concentrate to read. Have to try and find other things or a new hobby that doesn't involve alcohol. Any suggestions????
            Hi Belgium, I posted to your comment on the "What I hate about being sober" thread a moment ago.

It's hard cos I know you're not working so your world has become very small, eh. You might want to go to the library and get some books on CD. They can pass the time and prove distracting when reading is not an option.

Gaining weight back after struggling to lose it is a very real fear. As much as I like to go easy on myself when I am A/F, I understand that you would feel terrible scarfing down everything you want to eat with the unpleasant results. You could go to the local bulk food store and stock up on healthy snacks... stuff that excites the taste buds but doesn't pack on the pounds. ie. dried fruit, wasabi soya nuts, seeds, nuts (go easy on these), etc.

If the weather in Belgium isn't too unpleasant you may try to force yourself to be outside for a certain small period of time per day. Start with a ten minute walk and after a few weeks, build up to half an hour. Then start stopping at a little cafe. Bring a book but be open to chatting with the other customers.

I live in the middle of nowhere so the above idea wouldn't work for me but you live in the most beautiful city in the world so I'll just have to walk vicariously through you.

Again, congratulations on your racking up all those A/F days. One day I'll get there... hopefully in 20 days.
            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

Still following you, Tip.

I found the thread about the guy who visited a nightclub interesting. I think, where you DIL is concerned, that some people get disturbed when someone who is normally in the "let's get numb" comfort zone, pulls out of that zone. In addition to losing a drinking buddy, it could be a comparison thing. I could always look at the heaviest drinker I know and say to myself, "I'm not that bad." Then, I want to see that person drink a ton to prove to me that I'm not that bad. If that person suddenly stops drinking . . . it might be hard to overlook my own drinking. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, still pulling for you! You are still rockin' and an inspiration to the wanna-be-sober crowd.
              Ginger

You are here:
              sigpic

Comment

WASTING MY LIFE!!

ditto Ginger....
                I am proud of you Tipp
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X