Army Thread FRIDAY 27th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning army just back from a walk its very cold and windy today. Not sure we will get snow but its sure cols enough the past few days. Wishing you all a nice friday.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

I'm having a truly kak day at the office. Thank feck it's almost weekend, except that I'm nowhere near going home yet.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:woot: It's Friday!
        Tips-I hope you are home relaxing by your pool by now.:l
        Off to collect my son from school.
        Back laters x

Comment

Hello army!

Been busy all afternoon, trying to catch up on sleep. Could still have done with a couple more hours though.

How do you prepare for a marathon, Mrs A?

And Tabbers, could you put twenty euros on whizzy for me please, while you're down the bookies?

Been getting very confused over what day of the week it is lately. It's been Sunday every day since Monday, until today which is Saturday Oh, well, as long as it's the weekend, I don't mind.

What's the problem at work, tips? Managed to get home yet?

Shame about your shoe, zenny.....had to laugh a bit over the way you bumped into your ex like that, though. Can you get the shoe fixed?

Looking at the calendar and I reckon dear old Mollers should be back with us soon. I've missed her turn of phrase and colourful language. Was it a month or 4 weeks she's away for? Can't imagine being without Internet access for that long. Anyway, let's hope they're doing a good job of helping her at rehab.

Comment

:hallo: Army

Finally home. Deep breaths and a tall glass of lemonade are called for. Reasonably quiet here - the eldest is babysitting for friends of ours down the road, so there's little squabbling going on. Mrs. T has rented the last two of the original Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy. We've only seen the 1st. What are the Hollywood versions like?

You're right Reccie - Mollers has been missed.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Evening all,

Well I called my friend, Norm (the alkie I know who drinks way over 200 units a week) and he's finally going to let me send him some stuff about treatments. He's even talking about getting de-toxed again. I'm not quite YAYing yet, but it's a start.

On Monday I'm finally going to get this blinking IBA training finished and hopefully get certified by the end of Feb.

I still think about our Molls everyday and don't half miss her. She's been gorn since 6th Jan.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello jackie

Did a google of IBA and it came up with International Bartenders Association. I'm guessing it's not that!

Comment

Evening all, turn the sound up loud on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlS3w1GGE8g[/video]]Snoring Dormouse with sound - listen - YouTube

How cute is that.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Just had to flick through a pile of paper couldn't remember meself.

Intervention and Brief Advice (on alcohol consumption).
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

KTAB;1251610 wrote: Evening all, turn the sound up loud on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlS3w1GGE8g[/video]]Snoring Dormouse with sound - listen - YouTube

How cute is that.
                      :h:h

Zenstyle;1251615 wrote:
                      Awwwhhhh..... mega cute! Can you imagine the racket if he weighed 225lbs?
                      Ackshully that went through my mind. Multiply it by a million and that's Mr JC on a Friday night after a few pints.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zens, if he doesn't do something toot fecking sweet the next time I see him will probably be at his funeral.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Great minds think alike, my thought s exactly on the snoring.

Your mention of AL consumption got me to thinking about a close relative of mine who I would estimate puts away 50-60 pints of guinness a week and his answer when I brought the subject up was life wouldnt be worth living without his being able didnt drink & smoke. Sad. but as we all know unless someone wants to change we may as well talk to the wall.

Comment

Oddly enough I've got a few things to send his sister. There's support out there for families of alcoholics if she wants it.

Anyhoo we shouldn't talk about the wasted (no pun intended) years nowt can bring them back we should look forward to our futures. At least I know I've got one now.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hang on I will get you a laugh....

Comment

This is entitled "THE MIDDLE WIFE" by an Anonymous 2nd grade teacher

I've been teaching now for about fifteen years. I have two kids myself, but the best birth story I know is the one I saw in my own second grade classroom a few years back.

When I was a kid, I loved show-and-tell. So I always have a few sessions with my students. It helps them get over shyness and usually, show-and-tell is pretty tame. Kids bring in pet turtles, model airplanes, pictures of fish they catch, stuff like that. And I never, ever place any boundaries or limitations on them. If they want to lug it in to school and talk about it, they're welcome.

Well, one day this little girl, Erica, a very bright, very outgoing kid,takes her turn and waddles up to the front of the class with a pillow stuffed under her sweater.

She holds up a snapshot of an infant. 'This is Luke, my baby brother, and I'm going to tell you about his birthday.'

'First, Mom and Dad made him as a symbol of their love, and then Dad put a seed in my Mom's stomach, and Luke grew in there. He ate for nine months through an umbrella cord.'

She's standing there with her hands on the pillow, and I'm trying not to laugh and wishing I had my camcorder with me. The kids are watching her in amazement.

'Then, about two Saturdays ago, my Mom starts going, 'Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh!' Erica puts a hand behind her back and groans. 'She walked around the house for, like an hour, 'Oh, oh, oh!' (Now this kid is doing a hysterical duck walk and groaning.)

'My Dad called the middle wife. She delivers babies, but she doesn't have a sign on the car like the Domino's man. They got my Mom to lie down in bed like this.' (Then Erica lies down with her back against the wall.)

'And then, pop! My Mom had this bag of water she kept in there in case he got thirsty, and it just blew up and spilled all over the bed, like psshhheew!' (This kid has her legs spread with her little hands miming water flowing away. It was too much!)

'Then the middle wife starts saying 'push, push,' and 'breathe, breathe.
                                They started counting, but never even got past ten. Then, all of a sudden, out comes my brother. He was covered in yucky stuff that they all said it was from Mom's play-center, so there must be a lot of toys inside there. When he got out, the middle wife spanked him for crawling up in there in the first place.'

Then Erica stood up, took a big theatrical bow and returned to her seat.

I'm sure I applauded the loudest. Ever since then, when it's Show-and-tell day, I bring my camcorder, just in case another 'Middle Wife' comes along.

Comment

Working...
                                X