Army Thread 30th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th January

Well done, Mr JC! Maybe you can right-click on the forms and choose Send To > Mail Recipient?

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

I'll give it a bash. :thanks: Reccy.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

I'm orf to do some work - have a lovely evening everyone
        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Recluse;1253475 wrote: That's good to hear, jackie.

I'm making good progress with the tax return, at long last, though there's still some work left to be done. I spend six months worrying about it every year and then get into a panic in the last few days of January, hunting madly through drawers and cupboards for statements and other bits of paper that haven't seen the daylight since the day they landed on the doormat. Reccie, why don't you assign one drawer or a filing box or whatever for anything that has to do with your tax return. Label it as "Tax Return Papers" and chuck anything relative to the tax return in there whenever it arrives. Then you've got them all in one place and not only do you not have to spend six months worrying about them, you don't have to go madly scrambling through your house trying to find the papers. Easy-peasy.
          JackieClaire;1253476 wrote: Well yoooooooooooooo hooooooooooo Stirls,

So pleased to hear that Mr S is well on the mend.
          Admittedly, he pushed himself too much on Saturday and is still feeling the results of it today. But he is getting a bit stronger every day. One more positive thing is that he's only lost a couple of kilos. He was quite concerned that he would lose about 10 and end up looking haggard. He lost three kilos and has gained back one so that is better than we expected. Plus his incision has healed nicely. The little holes from the staples are still visible - only had them out yesterday - but the incision itself is just a fine line.
          Recluse;1253478 wrote:
          Hiya stirly! I was wondering if you would be posting tonight. Great to hear that Mr Stirly is doing so well .

My feet are bruised cos the new trainers are designed to correct overpronation, so parts of the underside of my feet are making contact with the trainers that weren't making contact before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pODcT55_7zA[/video]]Overpronation: What is it? - YouTube

Is Mr Stirly still talking about going back to work?

Hello zeppie!
          Thanks for posting that link Reccie, cause I had no idea what Overpronation is. Hope your feet get used to the new "gait" and are soon pain-free.

Mr. Stirly says he will rest this week, although he's going to be doing some work at home for the new price lists that we have to print ASAP for the store and that he will be back to work as of next Monday. He needs to feel that he's needed and he's irreplaceable and he wants to work. So he'll do what he needs to, to feel as good as possible psychologically. And that is to go back to work as soon as he feels able to.

P.S. When I started out for work this morning, I drove through some snow flurries. Same thing on the way home. It's fecking freezing out - temp is 2C but feels like -2C due to the wind factor. And I have to walk Freddie innabit...
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Aww I'm going to have to love yous and leave yous to make some dinner and to tackle these dang forms again.

When the time comes, Stirls,sleep well.:l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

JackieClaire;1253498 wrote: Aww I'm going to have to love yous and leave yous to make some dinner and to tackle these dang forms again.

When the time comes, Stirls,sleep well.:l
              Same to you JC. :l

Am off to walk Freddo and then to bed. Wishing you all...

when the Sleep Fairy finally visits your little corner of the world. :h
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Evening folks, hope I havent missed everyone. Its been a busy day today tying loose ends up before wednesday.

That is good news on Mr Stirly.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

stirly-girly;1253470 wrote: . So I made him have a salad instead of fries with his cheeseburger.:H
                  Oh, how heartless can you get!? :H
                  Been thinking of you, stirly one... very happy to hear that Mr. Stirly is getting better! You must be relieved and stressed and relieved and happy and tired and... like that.

Hello Armyticians!!!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Hiya GG, hows life? Delighted to see you clocking up those weeks, well done.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Thanks Tabbers
                      Coming up on 4 months soon... I really do hope this is it and I've finally got it through my thick skull.

How are you? Did I read something about impending employment???
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Thats brilliant so happy for you, I know how tough it has been some days. Yeh starting employment again for the first time in ten years on wed, should be interesting.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Me nerves :H:H
                          Hiya Zen.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Ah not really, just a position I havent exactly done before so need to learn a lot of new stuff quickly. Lets say I embellished my abilities ever so slightly at the interview stage....

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Yeah it will be grand. So what are you up to?

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Zenstyle;1253560 wrote: Just back from gym, running around getting Monday stuff done, and heading up north in an hour to see if I can spring my mate from the hospital! :H They may have her stay in till tomorrow, not sure. Her family couldn't be there so I'm the fill-in...
                                Oooh, a hospital break! It sounds exciting and dangerous! Be very careful (maybe see Mission Impossible before going to get a few pointers). (And stay off I4, Zenners.)
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X