Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scandinavian says hello! More than one month AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scandinavian just got home from vacation, sober and feeling great!

I packed in two heavy workouts, and one of my main motivators for staying AF is to perform well at the gym. I have to say it was two great workouts and I was really enjoying mysels. Thats a first time ever because I have always been very hung overn when going to the gym on vacation.

Anyway, on a more serious note, I had about 30inner discussions/arguements as whether to drink or not because I did not want to take the Antabuse trough customs. This is week 11 AF for me, so I wonder when these feelings will go away. I want to go off the Antabuse some day, but I realize that maybe I cannot and must not stop it.

So all you that are staying AF for a longer period, when does the inner struggle stop?

Comment

Scan, I'm approaching 100 days and although that isn't a super long time, I can see that my internal arguments are weakening. I don't take Antabuse, but I just ordered it and plan to use it as a backup for when I'm in a tricky situation, like vacations. I had two previous (serious) attempts to quit drinking and vacation undid both of them.

I have read tons of posts here by people who attest to the inner struggle waning but it really takes time and varies for everyone I guess.

Congratulations on making it through a vacation.........that's a tough one!

Comment

Unwasted: Thank you! I have a theory that because of the Antabuse I never build a good defense against the inner struggle. But anway, I am very happy that I make it! Going trough airport tax free stores, flying and waiting for planes without drinking was very strange, but very very good!

I actually dispited the people drinking. Childish but its a tehnique that helps to confirm that my decision to not drink was right.

Comment

Scan, I agree that at some point you'll need to do it without the Antabuse, but I think you could take it a year or more, don't you? Not real sure, but I think I've read that.

I don't think it's childish at all to use that method when looking at people in airports drinking! I think it's smart. Whatever works for sure!!

Comment

Working...
          X