Comment

Army Thread 11th February

Hi guys
      Hows trix?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hiya Molly,Jan and Starty. How are things?

Just had fishy dinner yummy.

I am about to attempt meditation. I have the house to myself for a few hours. So here goes.

Comment

Hiya Mollymoo and Mrs A

Its going great Molly, but sooo busy. My life is not the same anymore and I must admit I am glad

How are you feeling Molly? Are you still feeling good about your decision?

Go for the medtitation Mrs A. I want to practise more.

Comment

Mollymoo, you might well be going through a honeymoon period. I know I did. BUT this is the time to make sure your tool box is brimming with stuff to help you through any challenges. The honeymoon period doesnt end really, but sometimes we dont feel as positive as others. For me, I often get overwhelming feelings of gratitude and comfort about being free from this. It happens even after nearly 4 years sober and that is something to hang on to.

Did you tell work what you were doing?

Comment

Evening all.

Would have been here a bit sooner but was playing with the gods of google.

Surviving the Pink Cloud in Recovery

Wondered if this is how you're feeling?
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Learning how to connect may be your biggest saviour Molly. I was always anti social to the point of being a hermit. I have made real friends now and the difference that has made to me has been miraculous. Its all about trusting. Both yourself and the world a bit. Doesnt mean being a mug, but knowing that we all have something to give and receive from all our connections.
                You can still say it was depression. You dont NEED to put a label on yourself if you dont want to?

Comment

Hiya JC, gonna have a read of that

Comment

Just had a swift read through. It's rather a good description.

I get the feeling Reccybear chose one of the best user names. I certainly became a recluse. Geez to think of the amount of alcohol it took me to get over the doorstep doesn't bare thinking about.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me too JC. In the end I just went for the alc and didnt bother with the doorstep

Comment

You'll be grand. Anyhoo just use the phone at work and give me a bell. Just tell them you have to speak to this English eejit looking for her a book one of her ancestors wrote.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening ladies

Betty, good to see you round these parts.....don't be a stranger :l

On the subject of being unsociable, my alcohol worker has been leaning on me quite a lot in recent weeks to get me to stop avoiding situations that involve social interaction. Although I'm only taking baby steps in that direction, I'm already beginning to see some benefits by way of improved mood. Starty, I reckon you hit the nail on the head when you said it's all about trusting, without letting people take you for a mug. My levels of trust have been too low for too long. It wasn't an accident when I chose to call myself recluse, though I admit it's not a very user-friendly name.

Comment

I know Reccie. I convinced myself that I hated the human race. This forum showed me that I didnt need to. I have taken that confidence out there and over the last three and a half years have made some excellent friends that I see regularly. I am not the life and soul of the party and never will be. But I have found that I do enjoy connecting with like minded people. I value my solitude too and make sure that I give myself enough me time as well.

Comment

Evening all, just in from work, back in tomorrow,One must take it when it is offered. Very tired ,anyway of for a read :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hewwo yous two.

The way I saw it was the world hated me and for years I thought I deserved it.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X