Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 15th February

Evening all,

Aww Soots, I wish I could give you a great hug. It's awful when we loose a pet.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And it's so YOU - really makes your eyes pop too.

And Mrs. P and I aren't obsessed, we just like to play with full decks.

Yoga-lattes cancelled - reprieve. (At least it's not one of those HOT yoga classes where it's about 4000 degrees and people are upchucking. Come on now, what must be wrong with those people? I mean some light weights, a little cardio - great - but downward dog til you puke? No thanks.)
      Coco

Comment

Hi JC!
        Coco

Comment

evening J.C
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Evening ladies

Kettle's boiled jackie...

Comment

Hello yous two.

Just had the quietest afternoon ever at work, didn't help that the phones weren't working either.

And I forgot me crossword book :upset:

EDIT: yous three
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh, you can do crossword puzzles on-line jackie:

Free Online Crossword Puzzles

Comment

Evening Troopers!!
                  sooty;1262765 wrote: Thanks guys, yes he was old, probably about 14 or 15 we had him as a rescue dog in 2000 and he was thought to be 2 or 3 then. So he had a good innings and he's always been healthy till these last few weeks so a lot to be grateful for.

Sooty, I am so sorry about your dog. We found our Freddie (actually, I think he found us) on the street in March of 2000 and the vet also told us that he was about 2 to 3 then. He's very healthy as well but I know he's getting older and I just dread him being poorly and have to be put down. What kind of dog was he and what was his name?
                  mollyka;1262637 wrote:
                  Had a poorish day yesterday. Got into a tizzy bout the work doctor today, everyone was being so nice to me and I found myself thinking 'if only they knew what I'm REALLY like - an alkie, and if I have to 'fess up to the doc. they WILL all know' sort of thinking - was feeling sort of ashamed and stuff, so came home in bad humour and Joe had cooked a fabulous 3 course dinner for me --- still felt a bit shite tho, so went down to a meeting - and d'ya'know it did me the world of good. I came home feeling really proud of myself - I may be an alcoholic - but I'm a recovering one --- I'm doing hard stuff - as we all do on here - that others never have to do with their lives - so went to bed a happy camper, and even still feel ok today - bit apprehensive but............ ok
                  Lovely sunny morning here - hope you're all good???
                  Ah, Molly, what a lovely, positive post. It sounds like those meetings are doing you a world of good. Don't ever forget to congratulate yourself on your sobriety. It's not easy, as we all know and every day sober is one more step in the right direction. Toward freedom and away from the bonds of AL. :goodjob: Waiting to hear how things went with the work doctor.
                  Coco-Nut;1262770 wrote:
                  Hanging in there, Sooty... (By the skin of my teeth sometimes!)

Off the the gym to try a new class now "Yoga-lattes." (I am hoping it is a yoga class where coffee is served.)
                  :H You always make me laugh. I assume it's a combination of Pilates and Yoga. I have a friend who was the first licensed Pilates instructor in Greece years and years ago. The term wasn't used as widely then as it is now and I remember she went to a school in NYC to learn the method and such and then introduced it to her gym. She was and still is very successful. Oh, I just found this on the net. Here is a bit of her history....

####### is a certified Teacher Trainer of the Power Pilates School. She completed her education in Pilates Method in 1992-1993 in the Pilates Studio, New York, as a Pilates Guild Certified Instructor in Authentic Pilates. Her teacher was Romana Kryzanowska, the dedicated student of Joseph Pilates, whose work is carried on to this day.

Pinky, I wouldn't like it much if Mr. Stirly or anyone else took pieces from my silverware set and didn't bring them back unless of course it was easy to buy replacement pieces. It kinda ruins the set when you've only got 3 spoons instead of 12. Why don't you just buy packages of plastic spoons at the supermarket and take them to work. And sorry that Mrs. Pinky's hard work turned out such a mess but good for both of you in not letting it ruin your lovely evening.

:wavin: to everyone else!!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Recluse;1262788 wrote: Oh, you can do crossword puzzles on-line jackie:

Free Online Crossword Puzzles
                    oooh ta.

Hewwo Stirls and yoooooooooo hoooooooooo Mrs A.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

reccie make me a cupa, we have no milk
                      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

JackieClaire;1262786 wrote: Hello yous two.

Just had the quietest afternoon ever at work, didn't help that the phones weren't working either.

And I forgot me crossword book :upset:

EDIT: yous three
                        Next Wednesday, come to work with me. I was all alone and it was a fecking frenzy of customers and phone calls and e-mails to be answered. At one point I had two customers that I had to cut invoices for and both phones ringing. Mind you I did put $850 euro in Mr. Stirly's cash drawer so I'm not really complaining but there were a couple of times that I yelled at the frigging phone - "Leave me the feck alone!!!" It didn't work - bloody thing kept on ringing.

:hallo: Reccie-bear!!!
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

littlepinkcat;1262793 wrote: reccie make me a cupa, we have no milk
                          My capabilities are limited to boiling the kettle, little PC....I can't do the photobucket thingy to produce the actual coffee! :upset:

Edit: Hello stirly and zenny

Comment

Hewwo Zens.

I shall book me flight now, Stirls. Mind you I'll have to leave early to get Mr JC's dinner.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Have you got space in your inbox Reccy?
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yep, JC...

Comment

Working...