Clear All

Army thread sat 18th Feb 2012

Well there ya are, Whizzy.

We're with O2 and they're rather good.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya JC. Do not usually have internet problems.

Doing Lydia Languish on the couch --lovely

Comment

Lydia Languish :H:H:H

I'm about to make a noice treacle sponge.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone just back from the library top pick up an Adele cd i ordered. I put in an order for the Jason Vale kick the drink book. A few people on the forumns have some success with this. I read the Alan Carr one and it helped for a while but i'll see how i get on with this one. I walked up and back for exercise its about 25 min each way. Its sunny but windy and very cold out. I got caught in a small shower on the way up and on the way the wind was against me and so felt do icy. I'm reading Martina Cole's faithless at the moment from the library and come dine with me is on c4 at 4:10 so just chilling for the afternoon after i tackle some dishes lol still have no diswasher plumbed in. Have a nice saturday.

Comment

Afternoon army!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Just woken up from a looooooooong sleep. Since I stopped drinking, I can sometimes remember my dreams and usually wish I couldn't. Last night I dreamt I was in my car and a woman with a revolver was using the car for target practice . What the heck was that all about???

Not feeling very energetic today cos my knee is sore from my latest attempt at running. Can't help thinking that this exercising lark is very detrimental to one's health . Was hoping to make a start on the garden today as it's quite mild, but it's too late already. It'll be sunset in half an hour. I'll go back to doing what I was doing last night instead...memorising star charts.

Any chance of a slice of your treacle sponge, Jackie? rettplease:

PS, I think the woman with the revolver may have been one of the army ladies. :upset:

Comment

Hi FF and Recluse.
              Yes , Wrecky maybe running is not so brilliant. I have a sore knee today however, I have not done much running this week.
              Do your nightmares stay with you for a while after waking? Who was the person with the knife? Scary:upset:

Foxy what has happened to the plumbing in of the dishwasher? I read the Vale book and it did help when I was reading it.

Quiet here today--JC can I have some cake?

Comment

Evening guys, finished work, got an early finish, mint.
                I have been thinking about moderating for a while now, and i think tonight is th enight to test it out, for me it wasn't the fact that i got drunk, it was how drunk i got nd what i did when i was drunk. I'm going out tonight with a few mates, so see what happens i think i have learned enough in thes 30+ days to be sensible with my drinking, am i still welcome in the army if im a moderater?
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Hello Mrs A and Little PC

anon;1264556 wrote: Hi FF and Recluse.
                  Yes , Wrecky maybe running is not so brilliant. I have a sore knee today however, I have not done much running this week.
                  Do your nightmares stay with you for a while after waking? Who was the person with the knife? Scary:upset:

Quiet here today--JC can I have some cake?
                  It is indeed quiet today, whizzy. Not sure who the person with the gun was, they were shooting at me, so I was trying to keep a low profile! Usually I only remember a dream if I wake in the middle of it, this time I didn't wake until later. Very strange how the human brain works, sometimes.

Will you be doing any full marathons as part of your training before London?

Comment

Evening all,

'Course you'll still be welcome.

But I wouldn't be your friend if I didn't say that even after 30+ days you're going into very dangerous territory.

Once you've crossed that line into problem drinking hanging onto 'normal' drinking is nigh on impossible.

Hang on 2 mins while I find the post Oney wrote the other day.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

one2many;1263813 wrote: Hiya, Flyby from me, just had a quick scan.

Simply put....Moderation does not exist, not possible, cannot be be done successfully. FACT.
                      Moderation can be practiced with EASE for a NORMAL drinker, it CANNOT be with a problem drinker.

People who moderate have a constant battle on their hands, trying not to go overboard, drinking 2 glasses and desperately wishing they could have more, more often that not they do go overboard and go beyond their limit. It is a losing battle. Like handing a starving person a tiny, tasty morsel of food and expecting that to satisfy their appetite.

Moderation does NOT work, it is a hard, arduous battle and one that can never be won. Booze will always have a hold over you and when you think about it, by trying to moderate you still hold drink in high esteem as something wonderful, a reward, something to look forward to. It means you CANNOT give it up , or you refuse to, it means that you are still under it's spell, still trapped and still seeing it as something good instead of the nasty poison it is. Trying to pretend you are in control and like other "normal drinkers" is a farce, a dream. One drink is NEVER enough.

My 2 cents.
                      She says it so well.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Of course you can have some pudding ,Whizzy. Do you want custard or ice cream with it?

Ooooooooh Reccybear, I must away to the gods of google to see what this gun means.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am grateful 4 ur honesty J.C, this was my aim from the start to get to a place where i can drink normally, if it doesn't work then i can go back to abstaining, it was more my behaviour when drunk, im going out with some good mates so tonight should be a good test , what u up to tonight?
                          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

if i can moderate my behaviour when i am drunk then ive achieved what i wanted to and if not then back to the drawingboard
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

JackieClaire;1264577 wrote: Of course you can have some pudding ,Whizzy. Do you want custard or ice cream with it?

Ooooooooh Reccybear, I must away to the gods of google to see what this gun means.
                              Freud would say the gun is a penis (Well he would wouldn't he?)

Ice cream please with me pudding.

Pinky I kept trying the moderation road but like Oney said I would always want more no matter how much I promised myself on that first drink. It never worked for me.:upset:

And yes you will always be welcome here as we are all in the same battle:l

Comment

xpost Pinky

Comment

Working...
                                X