• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Tired...

AA,
    Have you seen The Secret?
    Law of Attraction :: The Secret :: Official Web Site of The Secret Movie
    You can view it for $4.95 online or buy the DVD.

It has completely changed the way I view myself/my drinking situation/the experiences that I attract into my life/the person I choose to be.

It is a fabulous movie for anyone who is caught up in self defeating belief systems. I like it because it's based on science, and it all makes complete sense to me. I won't go into much more here because there is just too much info, but I believe it to be one of the most empowering, thought-provoking films I have ever seen.

So go have a lookie see..then come back so we can discuss it :ey:

Hugs your way! You're not alone!

Roxy

Comment

So Tired...

OK - have to ask..... The Secret. My good ol' friend said to me just after New Years he saw The Secret. I kind of felt he was applying it should be something for me to watch...............

Does it have to do with alcohol abuse or something?? Oh, God if he had mentioned it because he was mad at me for being slightly drunk (slightly LOL) when I saw him during the holidays, I am going to be a little ticked. Sorry, I just don't like people being all 'round a bout' when trying to suggest something to me. I prefer someone to tell me something and who gets to the point. This has been bugging me for a while because I had NO clue why he was talking about this movie and why he was going on and on about it.

Comment

So Tired...

Hi Accountable
        It has to do with the Law of Attraction (which is as scientific as the Law of Gravity, what goes up must come down). Law of Attraction says we attract to ourselves people and circumstances that are in alignment with what we are "putting out there" with our negative/positive emotions and therefore we all have the capacity to consciously create our own circumstances.

It has been helpful to me with the alcohol thing because I have been so attached to my role as a "loser alcoholic". When I saw The Secret, I realized, oh my God, as long as I think/feel/believe as a loser alcoholic, that is all I will ever be. Since I have been consciously trying to "see myself differently," you would be surprised at the number of dynamic, beautiful, healthy, intelligent women have crossed my path. (I have been telling myself these days that I am dynamic, beautiful, healthy and intelligent). My Law of Attraction friend explained to me that these types of women are now showing up in my life as a reflection of the way I am starting to see myself

I didn't want to get too much into it because I'm not sure I can explain it in a way that doesn't make it sound weird! So that is it in a nutshell. Hopefully it's enough to give you an idea

love,
        Roxy

Comment

So Tired...

If you get that same urge tomorrow..

perhaps you can think about what a disservice you did yourself today, and that will prevent it from happening again. I find that if I can get over a certain temtation "hump", then I'll likely succeed for the day. This strategy has worked for me (thinking what I'm bringing upon myself for the next 18 hours (especially the crappy sleep part) to get me past that point).

Keep trying. We're pulling for you.

BFF

Comment

So Tired...

Hey Rags - let me know when you can chat...
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

So Tired...

Aa,
              We are in crappy time zones in relation to each other. When it's about 10pm here it's aboput 4 or 4 am in Chicago. What say I get on computer 6am my time tomorrow morning. That should be 8pm your time. I'm not taking our 1hr summer saving time into acount...I'll wing it. I can then tell you my claim to international sporting fame. On a training side, have you read The Inner Game of Golf? It helps for all sports.
              I won't be on line Friday till Sunday evening my time.... going sailing on Sydney Hbr in our new second hand 19 ft. trailer sailer. And for that I have to be sober. Hope to chat tomorrow morning.
              Rags

Comment

So Tired...

AA my dear man..I havent been on properly for a couple of days...sooooo much goes on!!!
                AA...wot do you do if you fall off the old Penny farthing during one of your races????? I know you probably give yourself a mental punch in the ear, but straight after...you pick up the velo, swing that muscly leg over (no thank you ladies...no leg over comments...) and carry on beaning down the track...
                Now...you've given yourself the aural thump....get that leg up and over my good fellow, and hurtle off once again towards the A. Free Finish!!!! You're doing great, and a fall NEVER means you're out of the race!!!!!

Keep going bud...the Melon is cheering from the sidelines and ready to give a shove!!! xxx

Comment

So Tired...

Well spake Melon.

Comment

So Tired...

Well spoke Melon.

Comment

Working...
                    X