Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Town Police Clauses Act of 1847????

Hello Everyone, I have a weird question to ask,

Does anyone know what Town Police Clause of 1847, Section 29 is?

My dear friend has a query about this and cannot find anything regarding it, apart from the flying of kites in unspecified areas ( that is section 28, so we reckon it must be something much more sinister than this ! )

Hmm - he is not a kite flying type of chap !!!!

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows.

Thanks
    Liz
    xxxx

Holy crap. Someone here knows the answer to everything.

Comment

Fan, You Are a right Clever person. :h

May I ask you, is a person who walked into the back entrance of a police station, not knowing, that is was out bounds, and subsequently was obstructed by an officer who has then handcuffed the person ( whom now has visible wounds and suffered rather upsetting consequenses ) answerable to this charge in a Court of Law?

Any info you can supply will help this matter considerably. You have helped so much anyway, and forthis I thank you, and I will understand if you do not wish to continue.

Liz
      xxxx

Comment

Hiya Fan ( since I'm coming clean - Yes it is me !!! BIG surprise ! )

It happened the other night, on a night out, and a police car was going into the back gates, and I just followed it ( bit drunk? . wanted security.) So, There was a lady and a man going into the Police station, - so I just went with them. Then I remember the man asking me if I had a pass, , and I said No, and he said well you have got leave, or something to that tune. then I don't think I complied, well I was ultimately against a 6 foot guy who pushed me over, and handcuffed me, and then dangled me from the hancuffs, and shook me, like a Jack Russel with a rabbit. Now I was initially charged with assaulting a police officer..... and this was dropped. Well I think they have looked at the CCTV tapes and seen that I had done nothing wrong ( apart from wandering where I wasn't supposed to go - by accident. yet I had been held in police cells so they had to charge me with thsi 160 year old law. Do you think I have a case? I have pictures of my injuries by the policeman, and there will be cctv pics. Shall I take it further, or just act like a dimble in court.....

Help Me Fan :h

Comment

Fan,

Thank you so much, you have given me the tools and the words to show to a solicitor here.

Thank you and I do God Bless You. XXXX

Comment

Hi - update. ( if anyone is interested )

I have just spoken to three solicitors, of which one is going to represent me. And they said that they were grasping at straws with the charge they gave me, and that he is able to obtain the cctv footge needed for me to put in an assault charge from an officer of The Law, whilst his partner officer stood back and watched.

I phoned the police station this morn and confirmed on what I was brought in for - assault upon a police officer... Heavens Above !. Yet it has been dropped for a lesser charge. Hmm, now if I were a police officer, surely then you would charge to the max for all you could get....?

Well anyway just venting my thoughts

xxxx

Comment

Working...
            X