So hard when on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hard when on the road

Well, I'm able to moderate reasonably well when at home and even have greater than 50% AF days to boot, but when work has me on travel it all goes down the toilet. it's not helping that my boss is a drinker and has no trouble with me putting 50 dollar bottles of wine on the company credit card....how the heck do you resist that???? eeeeeeek! If I could only go every other day AF when on the road it would be great but I'm in this mental trap that my form of celebration at the end of a long crappy work day away from home just has to have alcohol as the grand prize. It's even stranger now since my wife travles with me and doesn't approve of me over-drinking. The weaker part of myself despises her controlling influence over me as though I'm a child, and yet the "good husband" part of my being is shattered with guilt and sorrow when I see her sad eyes as I order another drink (or contemplate it, or try to rationalize it).
    I guess the obvious logical way out of this one is to reward in other ways and to try to exercise even though its really tough on the road. Been a tough and not so great 10 days but I'm back home tonight and I know I'll have no trouble staying AF tonight...weird. Next road trip WILL be better.

any ideas on this challenge? I'm not the only "roadie" out there I'm sure.

Strength to us all!!!!!!!!!!!

The D
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

So hard when on the road

Hello D
    I work for a sub-contractor in the construction industry. There are only four of us in the squad. We work away maybe twice a year. After work we get our dinner. I don't like alcohol with food, so I usually have lemonade while everyone else has a beer or whatever. After we have eaten, I'll go back to the digs while the rest of the guys go to the pub. I sit in my room, on my own, with a bottle of vodka, watching the TV until I 'fall asleep'. That happened every night. I'd phone home and say I was just going to bed, pretending......
    I think that word sums it up really.
    Well that was in old days. I'm much better now.

Comment

Working...
    X