Moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moms

I was just wondering if there are moms on here that would like to talk.
    Nothing against everyone else,u all have given me great advice.I just thought maybe talking to some other moms like myself might help.
    I have a 4 year old daughter and a 15 year old stepson.
    maybe we could share our parenting stories and parenting advice and the affects our drinking has on our kids.
    I know my drinking affects my stepson ,and I know it will affect my daughter if it hasnt already.
    Im in the process of trying to moderate . I have a great husband who is very supportive,but I thought talking to other moms who could relate to myself could help.

Moms

Daisy, I would say a great majority of the women on here are moms so if there is a particular issue you want to talk about I would suggest just starting a new thread. From your post count it looks like you are fairly new but we have had mom/kid/alcohol discussions many times.

Myself, I have a 9 YO daughter and while I am a very controlled drinker she does see me with a glass in hand most days of the week. Hubby is a nondrinker so I definitely stand out. On the nights I am not drinking I feel like pointing it out to everybody but I don't because then it would just amplify that I have drinking issues.

Please feel free to start a new thread anytime about something you need advice on and I know you will get a lot of replies. Good luck!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Moms

Hi Daisy,

I have three kids, a boy 9, a boy 7 and a girl 4. My 9 year old helps put my zero's in my drink tracker we are trying to beat this as a family. The 7 year old hasn't shown much interest or emotin attached but he is like that with most things doesn't mean it doesn't affect him in anyway and the 4 year old is very proud that I'm not drinking beer (everything is beer) anymore and tells all and sundry. I look back now I have had lots of sober days and think it must have affected them lots but how much and in what way I guess I might never know.
      Kim
      Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Moms

Daisy;

Alot of us are moms. We have posted accordingly when something hits home. If you go back to Nov, Dec 05', you will find alot of stories, some funny and some extremely sad. But all of us know that in some way alcohol has affected our parenting and the way we have handled ourselves when drinking and dealing with the kids!

:l Brandy

PS..Please start talking about anything and everything involving our kids! We learn from each other.

Comment

Moms

Hi there,

I have a 12 year old step-son. Actually, the realization that I was unable to control my drinking even when I was alone with him, is what brought me to the decision that I really DIDN'T have any control over the bottle and something had to change.

I bet you will find lot's of support here!
          --
          "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
          -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Moms

Hi all, I have a 7yr old son and a 6 yr old daughter, they have always known me and their dad (we are not together) to drink everyday. They have seen my in some bad states and I didn't want them to see that as normal. So I have been AF for 27 days (yay yippee). I told my son I was stopping drinking and he looked so happy and relieved he hugged me, i'll never forget that as didn't realise it was effecting them.

Comment

Moms

Hi, I have a nine year old daughter, who has seen me in some awful states, as many others here, she is the one that is keeping me strong at the minute. I've been AF for 18 out of the last 20 days, and she even tells me 'well done' on my AF days.

Take care, Paula xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
              X