How Many On Their First Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello LG - I think I heard a quote from Wayne Dyer who hasn't had a drink for 20 years that he has never told himself "never again" just "not today" with alcohol. That's really the spirit of One Day at a Time. Sometimes 20 years can go by Alcohol Free if you just concentrate on today.

Comment

Hang in there LibaryGirl! You can do this even if it is the first time. I think that some of us has gotten used to seeing a person fail at the first time that we think that no one can do it on the first go and then you come in and remind them that yes it is possible to quit on the first try. Keep up the great work. Shamefully it took me so many tries to finally get it but now I am 9 months (going to be 10 months on Wed.) sober. When I tried to quit the first time I was thinking that I could do it on my own and without letting people know, I learned the hard way that it is not the case. Now I am not doing it on my own and I have let people know and this time this quit has stuck. I feel so much better, no hangovers, no spending 60-80 or more every time I go out, and I get self respect and after a night out, I don't leave thinking of how bad my hangover will be in the morning, I leave happy and proud.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X