I always hate day 1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always hate day 1's

briseus;1340718 wrote: I want everyone to be proud of me...I want my family to be proud and for my boyfriend to fall in love with me again.

Thanks everyone -- so so SO much. :l
    Remember though Bri:

YOU have to be proud of YOU first...

It's kind of like that you can't love anyone else until you love yourself thing...

When I figured that out, I knew I was in BIG trouble!

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I always hate day 1's

Good luck Bri on starting over. There's no shame in it. You just keep on trying and it will stick, one way or the other. You sound like me in the "hermit" departmart. Seems like a lot of us are that way on this site. Do you think naturally social, gregarious types don't need the AL so much? It would make sense.

I have been having feeling of wanting to drink lately too. I think I absolutely need to change my routine. I also need to speak with a doctor, I believe. I think I'm suffering from depression or my hormones are out of whack. This is definitely no way to subsist. I thought I felt so much better at first, I guess because I wasn't having terrible hangovers, but I've been AF long enough now that I know it must be something else. I don't want to turn to AL on account of it, for sure!

Oops sorry, turned your thread into my journal. Sorry, but I am pulling for you, hun. Keep close to MWO. (((hugs)))

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

I always hate day 1's

Nelz :: Congrats on your sober time! It is very inspiring! I definitely need to stay close to MWO and just keep as busy as possible when it was time to pick up that first drink. Just need to remember not to pick that first drink up in the first place! Or - just not go to the store and buy any.

Kradle :: Definitely know that I have to be proud of myself first and whatnot, but that will only happen once I do this. At least get 30 days. I don't have to think about drinking or not drinking in the future but it would be so great to just have 30 days under my belt...
        Then again, I can't focus on the future, I need to focus on now.
        But it would make me even more happy to hear that my loved ones are proud of me.

LG :: Don't you worry hun. Vent away and on any thread! That's what I think! If you are concerned and are considering going to see a doctor then I think you should go. At least it will help you feel better after you do see him/her.
        I do know what you mean about the naturally social as well...I am a shy person and alcohol helped me come out of my shell. Obviously.

There happens to be a dinner tomorrow that the boyfriend and I have been invited to tomorrow evening...these people are big drinkers...and love their booze and lots of it.
        They were the couple we went to the function with over a week ago. We didn't drink at that function and this is a more intimate setting...but it still worries me...not the drinking thing because I can do that...I don't want to start on day 1 again after feeling like such shite this morning but I just don't want to socialize right now and don't want to come across as snooty or something. Ugh.
        I gotta do what I gotta do though. It's just going to be so awkward and I hate awkward!

Comment

I always hate day 1's

Hang in there briseus.. I'm on my day 1 again today & feeling like poo!!!!!

Comment

I always hate day 1's

I hear ya! Day 1 was brutal. 2 was good. Today I am exhausted.
            You'll get through!!

Comment

Working...
            X