Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here has quit AL and Never Tried to Moderate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with you Dix. I'd say it's more like 20%. I have a circle of friends with a range of drinking habits from none to moderate to occasional drunk. Also when in retail even in a health food store I would give the same estimate based on my customers habits.. We could take a poll even of spouses and children of members here and I'd bet it would come close to the 20%. For some reason 80/20 rule is usually very accurate. I didn't make it up.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I don't accept your challenge Dixon, lol. I made that estimate by the seat of my pants. If I am wrong then I give up. Woo hoo, you win.:goodjob:

P.S. I thought he was trying to say it was less than 10%, lol. I don't agree, but I won't be bothered to research and provide statistics.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

I just think people are concerned for you. Nobody can make that decision for you. I went through that cycle of thinking for years. It's really something you have to find out for yourself. For me moderating just really put the monster back in the game. My monster has worked very hard to stay alive. I am just done feeding him.

Comment

LG:

I tried to PM You but it said your box was full. Yuo are too popular!
          Can you clear some space? I wrote a long winded PM...

Well Maybe you don't want to now..:H
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
          X