checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking in

Congratulations on 5 months Starfairy and getting through a Mom visit(a drinking one at that). Good job and I hope the charge is dropped or at least lessened for you.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

checking in

yeah it was pretty funny how her drinking for her visit was brought up...she never asks about my how my DWI stuff or sobriety is going but a couple of days before she came she got all "motherly" and concerned and asked how i would feel if she brought beer with her. i know she was so worried about herself and the chance that she may not be able to have AL in the house. i don't know what she would have done if i said no. she would not have come i guess.
      as far as you guys comments about missing stuff with your kids because of drinking..i was really bad. i missed whole weeekends with them. i would even try to do good by taking them to an 3D movie so i could wear glasses and sleep it off while pretending to spend time with them. i get sick thinking of how i was. i know they are young and if i stay on the right track they will have no memory of mommy being this way but i know i could have really messed them up in the same way my mom did me. things really are so much better sober. so so much better. in my book the good way out weighs that buzz of that drink.
      I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
      sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Working...
      X