The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you let them cook, Londoner? That sounds so good to me RIGHT NOW. Too bad I don't have any bones! Tomorrow.. You sound good, by the way-- How are you?

Comment

About a day, you can make it into a perpetual broth if you want too

I'm good, realising I've isolated myself from Good friends recently as alcohol and partying took priority. So using this time to build my business, get back into my workouts, Eat and sleep well.

When I feel ready to commit again I will get out and about. Made too many false promises - become that let down. But, really feeling better in myself today :-)

Our reality is our perception, that's what I'm working on

Comment

Great to hear you sounding and feeling so positive, Londoner. You're on the right track, no doubt about it.. Will try that broth tomorrow.. thanks

Comment

I bought 4 pounds of cut femurs today! Our butcher labels them Dog Bones :H!

Comment

NoSugar;1582141 wrote: You are lucky to live in the EU where GMOs are banned! That genie is out of the bottle here for many crops, including corn and soy. There is no going back for us now .

There are several anti-nutritional properties in brown rice that have been removed from white rice. The most compelling argument to me is that essentially all cultures throughout the world for whom rice is a staple eat white rice - over time they learned to process the rice to be as health-promoting as possible. I have friends from those regions who think it is "totally gross" that we eat brown rice!

I'd say it is a good idea to be pretty skeptical about all the nutritional dogma of the last 30-40 years.
            Yep. It's the brown shell covering of rice that contains the ingredients that add to inflammation. For more detail about this, check out Rich Food, Poor Food. Great book with great info.

Comment

I forgot to add, the more gelatinous the broth the better. I had to add chicken carcases to mine to get more gelatin in. Some bones work better than others.
              Enjoy Maybe it's placebo, but I swear by the stuff.

Comment

Londoner;1582681 wrote: I forgot to add, the more gelatinous the broth the better. I had to add chicken carcases to mine to get more gelatin in. Some bones work better than others.
                Enjoy Maybe it's placebo, but I swear by the stuff.
                From what I've read, it's not placebo. Lots of healthy stuff in that broth, whether chicken or beef. Must be why it's stood the test of time. Our grandparents generation knew what they were doing

Comment

Day 5 of next to no sugar.

My mood is so much more stable and my motivation for life improves so much.

Come to think of it, a family member of mine has been taken off all gluten/sugar/additives by her parents as an alternative to ADHD meds. Her mood has gone from erratic and nervous to confident and stable.

Maybe I have suffered the same effects all these years?

Comment

I think that could very well be, Londoner! Give it a try.. I've found cutting the gluten has helped with the sugar cravings! And cutting additives shouldn't be too difficult if you have a fairly healthy diet-- and if you ARE eating a lot and decide to cut back, I would guess you will notice a difference fairly soon. Let us know!

I feel like it's all getting easier and I've been getting my butt to the gym often. Yesterday I was so exhausted after work that I didn't know what to do with myself. It was only 3pm and I had to go to an art opening at 6. I had planned to go to the gym and dragged myself in there, making the deal to myself that I would only stay for 1 hour. I got into it and completely woke up-- I had sooo much energy-
                    Londoner, how do you decide if you really ARE too tired to exercise? Sometimes I'm afraid of overdoing it and hurting myself. Is there a simple way to figure it out? Yesterday I was so tired it took me almost an hour to convince myself to go but I was so happy in the end..any advice would be appreciated--even though it's the wrong thread!!

Comment

How was everyone's weekend? We all know that is the time when sugar can take a grip.

Was highly stressed for some reason last night.

That is the normal time I will turn to something for instant gratification - sugar, drink, purchasing something online.

I gave myself a small scoop of honey & peanut butter and decided to sit it out and let the moment pass. I read a book, went to sleep and woke up feeling fine.

Being aware of the moment is going to be so important from here on in.

Comment

You're sounding good, Londoner. Like me, everything you put into your body seems to really affect you. When I was a kid, I reacted to shots, antibiotics, etc. Maybe some people are just hyper-responsive. We're probably canaries in the coal mine when it comes to some of this stuff... Someday maybe no one will be eating sugar or drinking AL ...

For those of you trying to convince yourselves to get off gluten, here are some reasons:
                        6 Shocking Reasons Why Gluten is Bad For You

Have a good day, everyone .

Comment

Totally agree with NoSugar. Gluten and alcohol are both metabolized in the body into sugar. So, sugar being a bad substance for us... most people would be better off minimizing them (obviously, in the case of alcohol, for us drunks...). Gluten has many other reasons it's bad for us, too.

Even fruit and dairy, both sources of natural sugars, should be enjoyed consciously and in moderation.

Comment

How's my fellow 'no sugars' doing?

I really think complete abstinence is key in those of us who have dopamine related problems.

I believe that I need to cut sugar out 100% so that my brain turns it's attention elsewhere for satisfaction and therefore build up and utilise my motivation.

Eating sugar kills my motivation for everything, as I guess I am releasing unnatural amounts of dopamine and my brain become desensitized to this wham bam release. More sugar is eaten and the perpetual cycle worsens.

This week I have had a couple of small scoops of honey and probably

Comment

Londoner;1584512 wrote: How's my fellow 'no sugars' doing?

I really think complete abstinence is key in those of us who have dopamine related problems.

I believe that I need to cut sugar out 100% so that my brain turns it's attention elsewhere for satisfaction and therefore build up and utilise my motivation.

Eating sugar kills my motivation for everything, as I guess I am releasing unnatural amounts of dopamine and my brain become desensitized to this wham bam release. More sugar is eaten and the perpetual cycle worsens.

This week I have had a couple of small scoops of honey and probably

Comment

Further to my last post, here is an interesting article. High sugar intake linked to low dopamine release in insulin resistant patients

The article basically says that those who have insulin resistance can have a lower dopamine response to sugar intake.

Insulin resistance can be caused by a poor diet, high in sugar and a lack of activity.

Eating sugar doesn't give you the expected reward response, so you eat more. Which worsens Insulin resistance. Which could then lower the reward response further. And so you eat more sugar.....you see where this is going.

Comment

Working...
                                X