No announcement yet.

The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Hey Nosugarers

Just checking in 11 NS/AF today. Struggling with what to feed my company over the weekend that's low carb and sugar free. I'm pretty sure they won't be impressed if I offer them bacon for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by Moffit View Post
      Just checking in 11 NS/AF today. Struggling with what to feed my company over the weekend that's low carb and sugar free. I'm pretty sure they won't be impressed if I offer them bacon for dessert.
      Congratulations on 11 days!
      There are many good recipes that are fairly easy here: Top Low-Carb Desserts – Easy & Delicious Desserts You'll Love
      The whole website is worth $10/mo to me but I think you can access the recipes for free. Or, you could sign up for a 1-mo free trial.
      I hope you have a fun weekend!

Comment

Here's a protein cheesecake recipe I use
        340 gram package cream cheese
        340 grams Greek yogurt
        2 eggs
        1/4 tsp salt
        2 scoops vanilla protein powder
        1 tsp vanilla extract
        Mix your yogurt,cream cheese and eggs till nice and fluffy then add the rest bake at 320 for half an hour then lower oven to 200 degrees and cook for 1 hour or until it "seems" done,let it rest at least a few hours or overnight, I like this recipe cuz I can tweak it,such as chocolate protein powder or berries,etc lots you can do with it
        Last edited by paulywogg; February 1, 2019, 04:02 PM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Y'all,

Checking in... Day 3 or 4 of sugar free (can't remember, brain seems to be in a haze! Think it's Day 4)...

Boy, seems full detox symptoms are kicking in. Headache, general feelings of non-enthusiasm and lack lustre. Hopefully it'll pass

Aim to have a high protein diet today, and have some "cheat" stewed fruit (home made, one tsp sugar to the container full), chia seeds, coconut milk and plain, unsweetened yoghurt.

Paulywogg, your cheesecake recipe sounds great! Might put that on the agenda for tomorrow..
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi Everyone

Day 15 without sugar but only day 2 AF :cuss:. My company was great and ate whatever I cooked. We ended up having warmed up frozen blueberries over whipped cream for dessert in the evening and they didn't drink!

Comment

It sounds like you’re getting right back to being AF, [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION]. It’s great that you didn’t let it spiral out of control. Glad you had a nice visit, NS

Comment

Aww, you guys are doing really well I went SF for about five days at the start of my AF.. Felt shocking!

Am up to 9 days of AF at the moment and am feeling pretty good. Am exercising a bit.. Have fallen off the SF wagon, but the small amount of weight loss might be a motivator to keep giving it a crack. Was aiming to do one day on sugar, one day off, but I don't think that will work in the med-long term.

Sugar is a hurdle that I have never been able to get over. But, I will give it one more try soon (and probably more after that if it is not successful).

*Wow about the lady in the link, quite an incredible change.
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Still here and staying clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                    Still here and staying clean.
                    Clean living doesn’t solve all life’s problems but it does solve some, lessens others, and makes the rest a whole lot easier to take! Such as a current 5 am wake-up by a screaming 1 year old. Dealing with this back in the day would have been a nightmare and I would have really resented him. Right now I’m fine and just wish I’d had another hour of sleep. It is a WORLD of difference!

Comment

[MENTION=3075]Change[/MENTION] - Great job on 9 days AF! Being off sugar does help with weight loss and can be a huge motivator for me as well. Cutting back is a good way to start.
                      @ Ginger999 -:welldone:
                      @ NoSugar - Oh the joys that babies bring! Hope you can get a nap in later.

Still on the sugar free wagon. I think eating a higher fat diet and no other carby foods helps keep the cravings at bay.
                      Last edited by Moffit; February 6, 2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moffit View Post
                        I think eating a higher fat diet and no other carby foods helps keep the cravings at bay.
                        There is pretty good evidence for that -- you're not activating that part of your brain making you want more of whatever gives you that feeling. And in this, alcohol is sugar on steroids. It isn't a great thing but it helps explain why people who never liked sugar too much before, develop such a sweet tooth when they quit drinking. Of course our brains want to Feel Good. The trick is to learn healthier ways to achieve that. Getting up at 5 am is NOT one of them, though... I'll be fine all day but will probably be in bed by 9 tonight.

Comment

Ack - ate a lot of sugar yesterday and I woke up with a headache today. I am also maybe getting a cold, but it is good for me to associate this headache with that sugar. Most certainly not necessary!

Comment

Pav, isn't it amazing what sugar (and in my case, all things refined) can make you feel like. A sugar hangover sucks too! I feel like the first step to putting this addiction behind us is to identify the side affects and decide they aren't worry it! Just keep on keeping on!

Comment

[MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] Sugar hangovers are nasty. Hope you're back on the sugarfree train and keeping those headaches at bay.

Happy sweet free day everyone!
                              Moffit

Comment

I slipped up largely yesterday and I woke up with, what I refer to as, a refined headache. I wonder if I'll ever learn?! Today is a new day! Life is too short to wake up with any kind of hangover!! Stay strong, people.

Comment

Working...
                                X