The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all....Just typed a ream of stuff and lost it so have to just say on for Day 4....enjoying reading everyones posts...keep it up...

Comment

techie;1415106 wrote: give me fettuccine or give me death!
      :H:H:H You tease,you.
      Pasta alternative is quinoa/rice. Quite a nice alternative taste and texture wise.
      I need to get off the carb merry go round too. Was really diligent for many years but last several things escalated. Interesting to note that was with my decline in drinking.

No artificial sweeteners at all for me. Worse than the occasional white sugar fix imo. I also think yogurt is an excellent food that should be increased not eliminated. Organic and sweetener and gelatin free of course. The probiotic in such a yogurt has immeasurable benefits. Throw in some fresh crushed walnuts, agave and raw whole oats for substance if needed. Or some garlic/basil/oregano/olive oil makes a great dip.

We do have a natural desire for sweets, so choosing a healthy fix is paramount to good health. Agave is a very healthy alternative, even for diabetics. I used to take whole fresh almonds and dip them in agave for a nice treat or stuff them into dates. Maybe, I'm weird but that was very satisfying.
      Bridge if you haven't tried agave, you may find it more palatable than stevia.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

techie;1415106 wrote: give me fettuccine or give me death!
        Shut-up about the former or you'll get the latter.....
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

RingingCedars;1415138 wrote: :H:H:H Bridge if you haven't tried agave, you may find it more palatable than stevia.
          Right! I'm hoofing it to the health food store now. Thanks!
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good to see you RC...maybe stick around and keep some of those tips coming? I couldnt give up yoghurt...had some with banana the other day and it was yum...Bridge, agave report in when you have it? You're our little test bunny...

Have to say that the energy levels are getting better...I've also noticed that doing the little diary thing on CK that Bridge posted is making me more accountable and thinking about it before I throw food down...or rather skulk in a corner cramming chocolate...

Comment

Day 3 in the books and right now an entire box of my beloved cosmic brownies and a 55 gallon drum of cold milk with a straw, sounds really really good.....

Why cant they make healthy food taste that daym good. Even had a salad for dinner
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Visualisation Nelz....imagine something ick climbing over and through the brownies...

Comment

Thanks for the info Moots. A few gummie bears lost their heads again tonight, but more out off habit than craving I think.

Must become more present!

CT
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Day 4 done getting a routine going and it doesnt include the triggers that I had to make me eat sweet stuff...

Comment

myhappyplace;1415241 wrote: Visualisation Nelz....imagine something ick climbing over and through the brownies...
                      :eeks:

Day 1 done. Monkey I've been eating yogurt w/stevia and mixed berries lately. Nice snack or end of meal treat. Sometimes I add protein powder.

Reportage on agave Bridge?

Nelz can you get some unsweetened chocolate? Melt. Add agave and some crushed nuts/hemp seeds. Refrigerate(I don't even get that far sometimes)and enjoy. I add dried cranberries sometimes too.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

RingingCedars;1415480 wrote: :eeks:

Day 1 done. Monkey I've been eating yogurt w/stevia and mixed berries lately. Nice snack or end of meal treat. Sometimes I add protein powder.

Reportage on agave Bridge?

Nelz can you get some unsweetened chocolate? Melt. Add agave and some crushed nuts/hemp seeds. Refrigerate(I don't even get that far sometimes)and enjoy. I add dried cranberries sometimes too.
                        Im willing to try almost anything, I think if I could somehow satisfy the cravings for the sweets and not cheat that would be great.

But, not sure if I wanna go to the "seedy" part of town and try to score some hemp seeds............

Love me some cranberries

Thanks for the tip RC
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz;1415487 wrote:
                          But, not sure if I wanna go to the "seedy" part of town and try to score some hemp seeds............:H:H:H
                          Nelz;1415487 wrote:

Love me some cranberries
                          Just occurred to me that most dried cranberries are sugar sweetened. I used to carry apple juice sweetened. More moola but tastier and healthier.

Also, wanted to clarify yesterday's reference to raw whole oats. Buying oats can be confusing. What I really meant was uncooked, whole flake oats. Raw whole oats would be a bit stressful on the digestive system. Olah!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Day 5 navigated...not so smoothly but got through...let me say if there was a bar of chocolate in the house I would have ripped the head off it hours ago....even went through the freezer and pantry seeking chocolate buttons...BUT...stopped when I caught myself sniffing cocoa powder...sad but true...

Comment

myhappyplace;1415812 wrote: Day 5 navigated...not so smoothly but got through...let me say if there was a bar of chocolate in the house I would have ripped the head off it hours ago....even went through the freezer and pantry seeking chocolate buttons...BUT...stopped when I caught myself sniffing cocoa powder...sad but true...
                              Don't snort that stuff!
                              Have you not seen the story of Yasmine Bleeth?

Still going strong here, but no joy finding agave sweetener
                              To the internet!
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Dont worry Bridge...I robbed Mr Happs of his nuts instead...he's not good with sharing his mixed assortment particularly when I pick out the almonds...

Comment

Working...
                                X