The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=myhappyplace;1415827]Dont worry Bridge...I robbed Mr Happs of his nuts instead..QUOTE]

Oh dear God...it was never supposed to be a blood sport.....
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

No white poison for me yesterday...touche shuga!
      I did get me some agave and almonds.....non gmo nuts(good man's organs in your case Monkey:nutso
      This is the brand of agave I use Bridge. Interesting they make tequila from the same plant.
      All About Agave - What is Agave Nectar?
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

About sugars, including honey and agave. I thought this might be of use to some of you trying to cut sugar out of your diets. There is so much misleading information out there on the topic.

Is Sugar Bad For You? Sifting Through the Sugar Wars : Dr. Bill Sukala – Exercise Physiologist
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Interesting article but the major thing I took from it is:

"But in all fairness, nearly anything in moderation can potentially be harmful in excess ? and sugar is no different" - as usual I do nothing in moderation be it a bottle of wine, a slab of Cadburys or a tin of Nigella's brownie....I've set this for myself for 30 days just to see how it makes me feel...

Comment

agave is highly processed...no better than sugar...i'm just sayin!

doing ok here, had a small sliver of chocolate cherry pie and a small sliver of pumpkin pie on thanksgiving. no whipped cream and i stress that they were SLIVERS!
            i did have some coconut milk nog as well...90 calories and 14 g of sugar...oh well. today is a new day and i just worked out for an hour and a half and burned 900 calories, so i forgive myself!

happy days to everyone.
            10-06-2012

Comment

I'll agree to disagree that white processed sugar is no more harmful than a quality agave syrup. These days my smell test is follow the money, my experience and instincts. Works for me mostly.

No white sugar or chemical crap for me yesterday. Didn't even need the agave fix I needed the day before. Been quartering 2-3 oranges everyday. The brain fog is clearing.....

I did sneak in some alfredo sauce on soya noodles though. Daym you Techie.:H

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

There is a chocolate peanut butter granola recipe I posted here ( https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...ola-25422.html, ) seems similar to foods you are discussing. I ate a ton of it after my first quit.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Greeeeaaat,

Looks like I need a tail between my legs thread. We did Smores for the kids last weekend and had some leftover mini candy bars. Ill be dammed if the cotton pickin thing didnt just unwrap itself and jump right in my mouth!

Guess I'll enjoy today without any guilt, and try again on Monday
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Sunbeam;1416354 wrote: There is a chocolate peanut butter granola recipe I posted here, seems similar to foods you are discussing. I ate a ton of it after my first quit.Give us a link Sunbeam? I would sub almond butter as PB is generally a rancid pumped with sugar product. It's also a high mold food contributing to inflammation. Now, when a fresh 13K box of peanuts came into the store I could mung a few scoops while repackaging. What a difference fresh makes!
                    Nelz;1416355 wrote:
                    Greeeeaaat,

Looks like I need a tail between my legs thread. We did Smores for the kids last weekend and had some leftover mini candy bars. Ill be dammed if the cotton pickin thing didnt just unwrap itself and jump right in my mouth!

Guess I'll enjoy today without any guilt, and try again on Monday
                    Watcha mean MONDAY???

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Okey dokey, I've edited my post to include the recipe link.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Doh, was going to pm you Sunbeam that you must have messed up your link. Re-read it and the mouse happened to rest on the link!:H Thanks!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I think I have found the solution to all your sugar addictions. I'll take up the slack! No thanks necessary. Mooooooooo!!!!

Love,

Slay
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Found the agave syrup at the health food place.
                            It was there all along, but I think the assistant was stoned so she didn't see it.
                            Will road test today.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

RingingCedars;1416357 wrote: Give us a link Sunbeam? I would sub almond butter as PB is generally a rancid pumped with sugar product. It's also a high mold food contributing to inflammation. Now, when a fresh 13K box of peanuts came into the store I could mung a few scoops while repackaging. What a difference fresh makes!

Watcha mean MONDAY???
                              Well, the way I see it.....Ive already "bought" the chocolate bars, soooooooooooo, I might as well "eat" them and get them out of the house before Monday......tough job, but someone has to do it
                              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1416489 wrote: Found the agave syrup at the health food place.
                                It was there all along, but I think the assistant was stoned so she didn't see it.
                                Will road test today.She found her way to the seedy side of town, I see. Looking forward to your review.
                                Nelz;1416496 wrote:
                                Well, the way I see it.....Ive already "bought" the chocolate bars, soooooooooooo, I might as well "eat" them and get them out of the house before Monday......tough job, but someone has to do it
                                Typical addictive behaviour. :H

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X