Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2013

Hi Belles and everyone,

This year is going to be whatever we make it, let's make it a great year!! Do we all have a plan?
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Belles>Please join us. Welcome!

Nora>Glad the stew turned out well. The point of a crockpot is slow-cooking, i.e., working woman puts something in it in a.m., comes home, and dinner is ready. Ta da!

allswell>No, I don't have a plan, could never formulate one. Anyway, 2012 was far better than the previous 5 years, so staying close to MWO is my plan for now.

DB>You will feel much, much better after the root canal. You're a brave soul to tolerate it as long as you have.

I walked yesteday, and it was uplifting. I was pretty down, but that 30 minutes in fresh air with nature really helped. Walking/being outside is part of my helter skelter plan.

Happy to be getting out of the house today and going to work. I still detest alarm clocks, however.:H

Mama>I hope your day is good. You've had it rough lately.:l

Nurdl and Ally>Hi!

Enjoy the month of sighs or calm, or whatever you want to call it. I will.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

you know Juja..I have decided to spend more time outside too...curling up with a book is awesome, but it makes me somnolent and lazy and depressed
        my plan is....don't drink. I am not being a smarty pants....but I will put more thought into it
        my assistant just texted that she wont be in today....she is sick....so off I go..after more coffee
        I will give a proper hello to everyone when I am settled at my desk.....I hope
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 2 and my tooth is still killing me..going to work from home so I don't bite someones head off. Guess the antibiotics will take a while to kick in...But I am sober and committed to this new year.
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning everyone. I do need to work on my plan. I know that I plan on taking my antabuse regularly. I need to work out what that schedule is though. I get depressed & irritable on it and I had the heart palpitations. So, I need to work thru those side effects and then get a good schedule down. Right now, I'm taking it daily but will adjust that in the next few weeks. I am planning on exercise. I am planning on sticking close to MWO. But, I do need to get some good concrete plans in place because I am so irritable today that I'm ready to say screw it! I do know that will pass but for right now, I need to just stick with it.

How about everybody else???
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I had a very relaxing 4 days...now back to work. I was supposed to go to the doctor yesterday morning but I cancelled it. I can't pinpoint what's wrong and the last thing I need is more drugs, so I decided that I will eat healthy and exercise for a month and if I still feel blah I will go. I believe in helping myself first, the meds are for when all else fails. So far so good too...I was up at 5:30 doing my Jillian Michaels DVD and I even switched from coffee to tea today. My food is all ready for the day, and chicken is in the crockpot for dinner. I am pretty sure that this blah feeling I've had lately is due to lack of exercise and an overabundance of junk food. I completely agree with you Mama, curling up with a good book is great, but getting out and moving is sometimes just what we need!

Nora - Congrats on making the committment for 2013...we're here for you (and everyone else...we CAN do this!)

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am pretty sure that this blah feeling I've had lately is due to lack of exercise and an overabundance of junk food.
                Yep K9 I totally relate to that...
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

let's get our booties moving!!
                  good job so far Dottie.....before you know it you will have 30 days under your belt
                  ps..Nora- I am a cranky bitch today too
                  K9...please go to the doctor..you have been sick off and on alot lately and it worries me
                  just have your blood checked, ok
                  one of my plans is to get off anti depressants and anti-anxiety meds, but I scared to...haha
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Dottie Belle;1436711 wrote: Day 2 and my tooth is still killing me..going to work from home so I don't bite someones head off. Guess the antibiotics will take a while to kick in...But I am sober and committed to this new year.
                    Dottie
                    I am sober too. We can beat the daylights out of alcohol. YES WE CAN! Sorry about tooth troubles. I hope you are feeling better soon! :l
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

mama bear;1436902 wrote: let's get our booties moving!!
                      good job so far Dottie.....before you know it you will have 30 days under your belt
                      ps..Nora- I am a cranky bitch today too
                      K9...please go to the doctor..you have been sick off and on alot lately and it worries me
                      just have your blood checked, ok
                      one of my plans is to get off anti depressants and anti-anxiety meds, but I scared to...haha
                      I ordered some ....Seredyn 60 Capsules Stress Anxiety Relief Complete Calm | eBay
                      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I'm working on a plan to stay AF for 2013 - many of the long term abstainers seem to have a plan - so I'm coming up with one of my own.

1) I agree moving is an important part of the AF equation. I've been going easy on myself since I quit drinking (I'm now on Day 9) but my plan is to start a regular workout routine again beginning next week. Before I began devoting all my free time to Alcohol, I actually enjoyed working out - so I'm going to try and work out a routine starting next week. I think getting up early is key - I HATE it - so Kudos to you K9 for being able to do that, and for me it's the best to work out first thing in the morning before I have a chance to talk myself out of it.

2) I've also decided it's important to start up a new hobby. I'm planning to start working on some gourmet cooking and plan one really gourmet meal each week that I will cook. I'm also going to get involved in some type of volunteer work - the church I go to is always looking for volunteers - so I'm going to try and find an evening a week or a weekend morning to devote to that. (I do work full time so I have some limits!)

3) Lastly, I think eating healthy and keeping sugar and wheat to a minimum sounds like a good idea. I know my Dad, a lifelong Alcoholic before he died, would basically trade off sugar for Alcohol when he wasn't drinking. I think I'll avoid sugar for that reason - and wheat - because it just makes me feel bloated and sick when I eat it.

And above all else - I WILL NOT DRINK because "I don't drink".

Mama/Hippy - I got some herbal sleeping aids from Whole Foods (their brand) which I plan to take at night to help with anxiety. I noticed that if I have problems sleeping it's usually due to Alcohol (which I won't be drinking) or anxiety - so I thought this would maybe help with both. I'm afraid to take anything during the day that might make me drowsy as I need to be so alert at work.
                        Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Hi everyone and hi belles:
                          Happy belated new year wish!
                          Just been hibernating.....
                          Reading mostly.

Not quite social when I'm engrossed in books. I become a nerd.

I've decided to use the drink tracker again. The only complaint I have is that they make you log in each time. My Iphone already makes me log in to the site every time and refuses to remember the log in password (my iPad will though), and the the tracker asks for another log in again!

I'm very lazy, can you all tell?
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Ally, I loved using drink tracker when I first joined this site, I loved seeing a 0. Nora's stickers on a calendar does the same thing.

Belles, it's great that you have a plan, that will increase your success. Remember to use positive wording: "I will" not "I will try".

My plan is, when I feel my strength wavering I will pull out my recovery list, which reminds me about activities I may have forgotten. I posted the original list on the tool box thread, a sticky under monthly abstinence.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sunbeam! You're right - a counselor friend of mine used to say "trying's lying". I WILL.

Ally, I don't have an Iphone - but I got an IPAD finally at Christmas, and it is easier than picking up a laptop, but I am always messing up the onscreen key pad - I like keyboards. So if I have to post I use a keyboard if possible.
                              Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Dottie -
                                Are you quitting smoking too? I saw you posted on the "No More Butts" thread. I was able to quit for 81 days and then relapsed. Sooooo....day 372 no drinking, day 2 no smoking, and day 1 of excercising. LOL
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X