• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

Then I'm coming to move in as your not far

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1485104 wrote: I'm in sunny Melbourne. Told you I was just down the street. :H
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLwLJANScI[/video]]SPREADING LOVE BUGS WITH FREE HUGS - MELBOURNE 25.04.2011 - YouTube Free HUGS to Melbourne!
      It's not cold, just a bit fresh.

Can you get out of the house and visit a friend or family for awhile?

Don't forget our toolbox thread. It might come in handy right now. The link's below.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Catch you later Maddie. Take it easy mate.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLwLJANScI[/video]]SPREADING LOVE BUGS WITH FREE HUGS - MELBOURNE 25.04.2011 - YouTube
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

The house that G built.

HEY G

I am sure there will be a music room! Can I visit?
        How many guitars can I bring?

Comment

The house that G built.

Wow very cool thanks hippyman

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey G! :h

I'll wait to move in until there is running water, thank you very much. :toilet:

How are ya?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The house that G built.

Need the ocean air, is my room ready yet - I'm not picky, I don't need running water!!!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

The house that G built.

G'day Juja, Bird, Ann, and DG!

Just bring yourselves, but be prepared to do some work. We are about laying bricks here. Laying foundations. The foundations to a sober, happy, healthier and magical life, where anything, yep, you heard it right, ANYTHING is possible. There are NO limits.

Ann, plenty of axes here, including a fretless, but bring as many as you like.

Hey DG you beautiful beeewdiful. I'm very well thanks. Has been a long journey, but i'm still in the race and moving forward in my own humble way. Have you finished your studies? Long to go?

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm off for a run and a swim, then off to visit mum.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

scottish lass;1485446 wrote: Need the ocean air, is my room ready yet - I'm not picky, I don't need running water!!!
                  The bricks are over there lady. Start building, and put yer back into it! :H

Thanks for the video Hippy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

G - thanks! I am actually building, feel this time around that the foundation is settling pretty dang strong....feels good :l
                    Enjoy your Mum....
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

The house that G built.

What a pleasant thread! Thanks G-man :guitar1: and gang....:band2:
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

The house that G built.

G-Man - it truly is a humbling journey, is it not? I'm done with my classroom work for my counselor certification. I am now doing my internship which I love. I'm working in the extended care unit of a treatment facility. So I'm working with people who have typically already completed some form of intensive residential treatment. Extended care is also a residential program but the focus expands from only dealing with the immediacy of stopping using to other life issues such as getting a job, repairing relations with family, dealing with legal issues, etc. Most of the clients on this unit either do not have a home to go back to, or whatever housing options they have are not conducive to sober living. This is a place where they can start getting on their feet. Many go on from this level of care to a recovery home to continue the "getting on the feet" process. I am currently working in the women's unit and will be transitioning to the men's unit to get that experience in another few weeks.

How are things going with you and your life passions? (besides getting the :toilet: working at the house :H)
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The house that G built.

Good morning Mr G!

I heard this wonderful adage a long time ago " We are the Architects of Our own Joy and Our Own Misery."

I'm going to have the kids make this sign for you to hang wherever you think best. :l

PS: I might leave of the " Misery' part...

:h
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

The house that G built.

Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO! and wish you all a lovely holiday :l P.
                            "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

The house that G built.

Hello Persephone! Nice to see you. Hope you've had a beaut weekend.

Hi Kradle. That's a cool saying, so true. I'll put that sign up over the front door when it's built.

Hey DG. I work part time at a similar sort of place with a mental health recovery focus, which can include housing support, addiction support, nutrition, budgeting. It's a 4 week residential stay typically. Interesting and rewarding, enriching work I find. Music is chugging along. I have a debut gig with a new band I've put together recently (sort of blues/roots/rock/jamming stuff), lot's of guitar (hehe) this Saturday night april 6. New album of my more folky songs on the way. Great to hear from you and cool stuff on your internship counsellor! :goodjob:

Hi Turnagain! (waving enthusiastically)

Right. Off to find some_____________________luurve. :h

Comment

The house that G built.

Make sure to put in a gourmet kitchen and I'll keep you all well-fed. I'll plant lots of fresh veggies and tend our garden to keep us healthy. I hope you like things spicy!!

I'm gathering my strength and can help building tomorrow morning - first thing!
                                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X