Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

Hey Mr. G,

Would love to hear about your experience on the the first visit to the program. Much respect for making a big step in getting things right.

I find life is a very difficult balancing act between the past and what I want to make of my future. Unfortunately the past is known and the go to alcohol routine is very familiar yet the future is unknown so I don't have the comforts that are familiar. It's such a learning experience about who we are and sometimes a very difficult one.

Only the very best G!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

G - hoping all goes well today - you have a lot of support, wishing you well....
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey G Man - thinking of you......:h
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The house that G built.

allswell;1674859 wrote: Hey Mr. G,

Would love to hear about your experience on the the first visit to the program. Much respect for making a big step in getting things right.

I find life is a very difficult balancing act between the past and what I want to make of my future. Unfortunately the past is known and the go to alcohol routine is very familiar yet the future is unknown so I don't have the comforts that are familiar. It's such a learning experience about who we are and sometimes a very difficult one.

Only the very best G!
          Thanks A dub, SL, Ava, Nora!

Indeed A dubbya.

1st day was ok. Not a lot to report as yet. Adjustment period. Looks a good group, around 10 of us. Will reflect and no doubt have more to say towards end of the week when we've got stuck into it. Optimistic.

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

SKendall;1674233 wrote: Hi G., don't come here usually, but sending you positive thoughts.

I wonder if you know how many people you uplift every day? You are a special man and I feel as if someone has put a warm blanket over me when I read your posts. Just wanted to tell you that.

Hello SK.

Yes,
            Mr.G is a very special bloke. I love him to bits but would never tell him that. :l

Comment

The house that G built.

I think we're all a little in love with Mr.G Rags haha
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi Mr. G,

Definitely make the most of your experience, take what's relevant and helpful out and leave what's not behind. This is your ME time!
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

Back off girls!!! G-Man is mine!! He even promised he would push me in my wheelchair and take me on a tour of the dump! I bet he never said that to any of you now did he? :youwish:
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The house that G built.

Lol Niner!

Thanks Rags and Pauly. That's nice.

Will do A dub. One thing i learned which a few of us kind of know is that when drinking hard, we don't get any REM sleep ever. So our sleep is never restful and we are exhausted 24/7. Add that to the tiredness and lethargic feeling AL brings!

Looking forward to a CBT session today. We have 10 of these over 6 weeks lasting 2 hrs each with a break in the middle. This will be the second session.

I also have almost finished an assignment for Uni (in the home stretch and will finish today in time) which i have to have in this friday, along with a presentation. They only wanted 1500 words, but i note i've written around 5000! 7 hours yesterday slaving over a hot PC, but i'm confident the quality is good and i've directly addressed all the questions asked, so feeling happy with it. Will miss rehab on friday as i'll be in class, but that's cool as the requirement is 80% attendance of the CBT sessions. There is some flexibility as they recognize folks have medical, family, or other committments that crop up.

Thursday morning here, and grabbing a coffee. Cool and windy, about 12C forecast.

Take it easy y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

paulywogg;1674977 wrote: I think we're all a little in love with Mr.G Rags haha
                      Now lets just wait a doggone minute!!
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

The house that G built.

Samstone;1675821 wrote: Now lets just wait a doggone minute!!
                        Sam
                        hehe.

jane27;1675844 wrote:
                        G, have you told them about us? Lol. (Them meaning your new peeps, us meaning your MWO fam).
                        How nice that they let you have computer access. Learn any new good buzz words?
                        Hi Jane,

I'm doing an outpatient rehab, so it's not residential. 5 days per week and I go home each night. Their reasoning for that is so folks can exercise their new skills against cravings/negative thinking right away etc. Nope, i won't tell em about MWO. This place is sort of special to me and i don't want too many folks knowing what i get up to. lol.

L8tr g8trs!

Comment

The house that G built.

Isn't it a bugger when you're on a roll and the thoughts just keeps rolling along and then the essay is finished... YAY!!! Then you find you have to make cuts to get it in the required 1500 words and EVERY word you wrote is pertinent and you just don't want to cut anything out.
                          Are you going to drastically edit, or hand it in a few words over?

Comment

The house that G built.

Rags;1676190 wrote: Isn't it a bugger when you're on a roll and the thoughts just keeps rolling along and then the essay is finished... YAY!!! Then you find you have to make cuts to get it in the required 1500 words and EVERY word you wrote is pertinent and you just don't want to cut anything out.
                            Are you going to drastically edit, or hand it in a few words over?
                            Rags, I've handed it in today 5000 words plus. They are not going to accuse me of not enough detail! They can take what they need and leave the rest. I'm not going to edit a masterpiece. :H

The weekend is here. Back to rehab school monday. We have a CBT session and some financial education for those who are having problems plus one or 2 other 'classes.' I have a one on one 'motivational enhancement' session for an hour with a counsellor on tuesday. We have 5 or 6 of these, one a week. My first ever 'counselling' style session, so will be interesting. It will be about where my thinking is now, and how i take it forward in a positive way. Looking forward to it.

L8tr G8tr's.

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi Mr. G,
                              Been out of internet connection and just now online. Glad to hear that you are going forward with this program. How's the yoga?
                              Free at Last
                              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

The house that G built.

free at last;1676600 wrote: Hi Mr. G,
                                Been out of internet connection and just now online. Glad to hear that you are going forward with this program. How's the yoga?
                                Thanks FAL.

How are ya?

I'm still doing basic sun salutation at home in the mornings. Missed friday yoga at booze school as i was at my other school presenting an assignment, but will be participating next friday so looking forward to some new moves. Welcome back, and wishing you a happy peaceful weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X