Number of Drinks I have had this week

Re: is there hope

Hi Anni

Well done!!!! Keep it up.

kirky

Comment

Hey Eagle, Welcome aboard! I too used to drink a 12pk plus a day... I wasn't much fun when I was drinking that much,... because that's ALL I would do. It got to the point , I knew I couldn't continue that way, and I felt like I couldn't stop... Pretty tuff and desperate situation. Stick around , keep reading and posting, I think you'll like it here!

Congrats to you guys Anni & Kirky! You're doing great1
      Hugs, Judie

Comment

Thanks Judie

You know you will always be a star in my eyes. Thanks for all your support

kirky

Comment

Hey Eagle,
          Wanna come build a storage shed for me that should keep ya busy!:lol . Welcome to MWO
          Marcie

Comment

alcohol

Hi, all.

Just like to add I have been a heavy drinker now for 22 years never missed 1 day of drinking. I drink 1 bottle of wine red or white every day along with 4 cans of fairly strong beer. I get up at 7.00 am go to work for 8, finish at 5 then sraight to get a drink. I feel absolutely fine within myself, never had any illnesses including cold and flu, if I feel any symptoms out comes the whisky and all is well. I have had the same job now for 12 years, only had 38 days off sick in total due to hernia op. Still love every day and live my life to the full. Had a health check up last year and everything was very well, Dr thought I was a fitness nut, I never told him how much I drank in case he gave up his proffession. He said whatever Im doing to keep so well continue doing so, so I will.

Comment

Hey Nige, Congrats on your good health! But in my book... I wouldn't call that heavy drinking...:rolleyes ... Sorry, I'm a bit more extreme, or at least I have been... hopefully, that's now, a thing of the past!:P ... Judie

Comment

Re: alcohol

Nige, I'm just curious how you happened to find this MWO site? Did someone tell you about MWO?

Comment

Hi Vida,
                  Brand new to this system. Ordered book and CD's but haven't received yet. My drinking is week-end only -problem is I can control sometimes with only 2 - other times esp. with heavy drinkers in group I get out of control. Drank a whole bottle of wine the other night at Brother-in-laws house and after he and girlfriend finished 5 beers each they bought another 12 pack and I had a beer and tomato juice with them. When I was going for the 2nd one my poor co-dependent hubby could take no more and gave me the ultimatum. Drinking is affecting my family life...thus...time to do something!
                  As a nurse and a person into holistic medicine I'm a little wary of the meds that are suggested but I haven't researched them at all. Wondering if you or any other members can give info re meds.
                  Thx!
                  Boricky[/font]

Comment

Hey Boricky,

Vida's post was months ago. If you want to go the non-meds route, there are plenty of supplements etc., that will help, as will nutrition, exercise, and the cd hypnotherapy. You can download and read the book right now, or order the paperback and read all about it. You can also read the "Just Starting Out" thread to get a general overview of the program. There are plenty of people successfully doing the program without medication.

Welcome aboard!
                    Kathy

Comment

Kathy,
                      Thanks for your information. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.
                      Boricky

Comment

alcohol

You all have no idea how much your posts help others (like me). I just found this sight last nite, after drinking a bottle of wine during the day while playing golf. Only to have two more glasses at the 19th hole, and another glass when I got home. I'd been somewhat controlled for awhile, but could still feel it lurking behind the curtain just waiting to come out again. And it did. I was so disgusted with myself. Reading the posts was damn near a religious experience. Finding out I'm not alone was phenomenal. I have wasted so much of my life either drinking or recovering from drinking. I'd like to get a handle on it. Again, thank you all!

Fondly,
                        Claire

Comment

stop this drink thing

wHO CARES HOW MANY DRINKS YOU DID. JUST STOP..THIS THRED IS STUPID ..WHO CARES HOWMANY DRINKS YOU DRANK.. end it nowI Am sick of it.. You want to know what I drink you can"t handle it..I drank so many beers stop this thread it dont mean nothin.....:c

Comment

I agree- it is a really, really old worn out thread

Comment

Re: stop this drink thing

We'll pull it with the new board. We lost some really rich history recently and this is the only thread that contains older posts, members, etc. so there's been some value in it for new folks coming in. Every time I considered archiving it, the timing seemed inappropriate--someone asking for help; an old timer providing advice, etc. But yes, it's probably time to put this thread to rest and focus efforts elsewhere.

RJ

Comment

Drinks - non drinks

Hi guys
                                Struggling to find something non-alcoholic to drink when I'm out.
                                ok with 1 or two pop-drinks but what after that.
                                If I'm out for 3 or 4 hours whilst hubby boozing I find myself playing with beer mats to occupy my hands.
                                So eventually I cave and order a beer.
                                Any suggestions? - Urgh thou not tomato juice!

Comment

Working...
                                X