Number of Drinks I have had this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: From 8 to 10 - keepin on keepin on!!

HI ALL -
    SINCE life is going on - now that the tragedy(s) seem to be 'put to rest' - all i have to get over is the plerisy and there is no tiem et, but know i will do fine with my packey. I have had 2 vodkas and 1 beer in the lat 3 weeks, but see myself able to resume with a vengence,////mind you what I drank was almost negligible to what I had been drinking. i also think it is good that i am alone of this time.

kindly, el

Comment

I am happy to say that I have not had a drink in 3 weeks and then only 1 drink. Everyday is better, my brain is working better than ever. I am beginning to think like the sobers do and guess what I LIKE IT !!!

Comment

I understand wanting to keep track of how you are doing. And I appreciate the way it feels when I have done a good job of not drinking. But the more I think about what I?m not doing the more I am thinking about what I want to stop thinking about. The fact that I was not thinking about drinking all the time and how long I was without drink, was when I realized I had overcome a major obstacle in my thinking.

Wow I just confused myself !!!

I like being able to feel normal. Normal people don?t start thinking about drinking every afternoon around 3:00. Normal people are not concerned about whether they will be able to drive past the liquor store on the way home without stopping. Normal people don?t get into a panic mode when they find the bottle they were keeping ?put away? (hid) only has one drink left in it. Normal people don?t wake up early Sunday morning and wonder (convince themselves) if they would feel better if only they had an early morning kickoff.

To me it is a lot like being on a diet. If all I do all day long is count the calories of food I can?t eat; it make me want to eat the food because I am thinking about it all day long.

I am not trying to make light of the progress being made and I know how hard it is to decide to get your life back. This is the right spot; and a lot of progress is being made.

Please just don?t make the battle harder than it has to be.

God Bless

Bear

Comment

I have to say that now that I am on the home stretch of MWO, (week 12) I am sortof "indifferent" to alcohol. Thats right,..... indifferent. This actually happened many weeks ago. click.... I dont think about it. I dont feel the pull when I seeit.... or remember it.... or walk by it. I dont care when other people are having a good time drinking it around me. I can have one drink , then stop. I dont have any alcohol hidden. I have no idea when or where I will have some more, and I dont really care.
          Is that the goal with MWO,??? I think so.

For me it has worked. Now , do I declare myself transformed into "normal"? Well that depends on how you define it. Will it go away "poof!" if I stop the program??? God I hope not!!! I am trying to fortify all aspects of my life to ensure that will not happen.

I have no idea what the future holds . This is all new to me. But it sure is great. Success here didnt just fall in my lap, I was a hard worker, I was a good student, a good patient or experiment subject whatever you want to call us.
          I tried!!
          BUt HELL, I tried a million times before , a million ways before, to quit or cut back or stop the craziness around alcohol and take back the power I had so carelessly given it (against my will and better judgment and morals and still gave away my power to alcohol anyway!!!!) and ...... every time I tried, I failed, and the problem just got worse. And I hated myself!! Until now. Now I have succeeded!!!!

HA! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM?

Comment

Good for you! I find this so encouraging, as a beginner in the program. I do have some questions, if you don't mind. For me, I have been paying attention, i.e., reading on the subject, cutting back at times, etc. for a while. Finally, I ordered the book, etc. and started the program. I have only been completely on board for 3 days. I went out to dinner last night and had 2 glasses of wine. (Took 15 mg. Topa beforehand). The wine tasted fine - could have had more, but didn't really care to. When I got home, I tried to analyze if I would want more or not (although there was none in the house). I had already decided that I would not have any more, but I was trying to see if I had any "compulsion" to have it. I felt just fine without it and just went about the rest of my night - took a Calms Forte and went to bed with the CD on.
            Here's a question - are you still completely following "the program?" Do you listen to the CD every night - take the topa, etc? Or have you eased back to a more "normal" life? Either way, your success is awesome, and I applaud you. If I had to stay totally on the program forever, I think I could.
            Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience.
            Shord

Comment

Vida,

You are an insperation! I am so very happy for you and I know that you will continue with YOUR success. With your determination, hard work and strength I know that you will have many wonderful journeys ahead of you!
              Congrats!
              Tammie

Comment

. Since my last "set back" I've been doing pretty well. My supps finally arrived (6 weeks). I haven't had a drink in 6 days. Have thought a hell of alot about it though.
                But when I analised it I decided that NO I didn't REALLY want one (I think maybe I am too scared to have one in case I don't stop).
                I haven't been able to get TOPA (i'm in Australia, see recent posts). I am using supps, hypno (still having troubles getting through an entire 1/2-1 hr session), and lots of exercise (walked 15 kms in last 3 days).
                Found out on Friday my Dad needed a heart bypass (5 stents). Big shock:eek . He is so healthy and no cholesterol probs. Had the op yesterday and is doing really well.
                Thought lots about having a drink when I heard BUT I DIDN'T
                Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on.
                Good wishes for everyone

Comment

Hi Bear!

What a pleasant surprise!
                  I have been out of commission with a bad case of pneumonia and no energy to check the boards until today. I was glad to read your posts, and as usual they are spot on. I like what you're saying about counting the days and drinks. I don't think the original poster intended anything to really come from it, it just grew and grew.

We are in the middle of growing pains here. Some of us are finding the lines have become blurred between moderation and alcohol not having any place in our life. Many are doing exceptionally well. Others are making some progress. And thats why I still come here.

How about YOU? The last time we heard from you, you had so much going on. It sounds like you're doing pretty well though. We sure could use a wise wonderful person like you here. I hope you'll write again soon. Congratulations on your new Hog!

Love, Lori

Comment

reply to shord

1. No, I do not listen to the Cds daily. I sortof quit after 30 days (as suggested in the book) I did them diligently for those 30 days however, and I think I gauged my behavior more than the calender...... if the unwanted behavior was still occurring, I would have continued to use them more often, for longer. I have used the "clearing" Cd occasionally after the fist 30 days... to clear out negativity. The sleep learning did help me sleep and if I begin to have trouble sleeping in the future I will use it. If the drinking becomes a problem again , I will use the whole system. I am open minded. I do not by any means feel like an expert.

2. Yes I am still on topa (week 12) . However I topped out at 200 mg, because it worked well at that dose and to minimize side effects.

Several things in your post suggest you will be successful.

You are "paying attention". You had "planned ahead" not to have more than the two glasses. You are tuning into how you feel. I hope you are also doing the supplements and the exercise. They are very important. So what if you couldnt figure out whether it was you or the program that made you not have more than the 2? In the long run it wont matter! It will be YOU doing this thing. ANd YOU feeling the benefits. The external stuff will just give you the "edge" and make it ALOT easier to do, but true transformation will come from within.

Comment

I keep reading about these supps that seem to take so long to arrive. I am still waiting for my book so I don't really understAND WHAT THEY ARE. mY question is, can't you get them at a health food store? Also, where do you get the tapes. I have a feeling I am goin to need it all!!!

Donna

Comment

reply to aution

Hi Donna,
                        The book took approx 10 days to arrive (I'm in Australia).
                        Alot of the supps are not readily available over here. So I ordered mine on line from US.
                        I would recommend looking at buying everything (other than Topamax) on the My Way Out website.
                        They do the supps. (see the health store link on the left side of the MWO home page) in a bundle, or you can just buy bits and pieces. They really can help with cravings, agitiation, etc. Worth checking out the link.
                        Also the Hypno stuff you can also get through the MWO site. I ordered mine in the Health Store link as well. Again there is a bundle for Book and Hypno tapes together. Or you can buy the tapes separately.

Comment

Thanks for the info
                          Donna

Comment

I am new, the drinking is bad I blacked out again. I just want to stop being such an idiot, i'm in that self loathing thing. But, my birthday is just a few days a way and I'm sure I'll find a reason to get blasted I would just love to have a birthday without being sick from drinking. I read the book and am trying to get the money together to get the rest of the stuff. I thought if I get involved in the chat it might just help me focus. Thanks

Comment

goldie

Hi Goldie,

I have been using this site for inspiration for about two weeks now, and I have not had a drink for 8 days. Previously I was drinking until I passed out or crawled into bed so drunk I didn't care - every night. I am not using the topa nor have I read the book yet, but you will find that everyone has their own way and takes what they want/need from this programme. It was definitley the message boards that got me started - just knowing I wasn't the only one has been a huge source of motivation. There is lots of support here. Don't worry about your Birthday, my advice would be to maybe wait until it is out of the way until you start this programme for real - there is no point in being unrealistic and if it is only a few days away you may as well enjoy your birthday.

That is just my point of view - it took me a while to get mentally ready for this and I chose a date for stopping that I knew would be best for me. Do whatever you think will ensure you get the best start on the road to abstinence/moderation.

good luck and keep in touch.

Lulu

Comment

OK, I found out the hard way how important it is to stick with the supps (no Topa here, can't find a DR to prescribe).
                                Yesterday (Sunday in AUS), I thought "I am getting too tired with the Calms Forte, I won't take any in the AM and just take them PM".
                                Well, by lunchtime I was jittery and thinking heaps about drinking. JUST WANTED TO DRINK!. I took 2 Calms Forte, another Kudzu and waited. 2 Hours later I was at the grog shop buying beer.
                                This morning I had a hangover, fun going to work!
                                :rolleyes
                                Now I am still jittery, but better than yesterday.
                                Definately back on the supps. Just ordered more Kudzu from MWO so I can keep to a higher dose.

Comment

Working...
                                X