Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Drinks I have had this week

Re: sticky topic

Hello.. i've noticed this marked as a 'sticky topic' and wonder what on earth that means?? Anyone know?
    I've noticed a few other threads that I might've called sticky.. but this one's fine!
    MFM

Comment

hi mfm! i've no idea what a sticky topic is! or why this should be one! anyone got any ideas? jenny.:eek

Comment

Re: sticky topic

Hi Guys,

In Regards to The "pushpin" it is marked because RJ wants it to stay on top. Have it be the first thread "newbies" can go to read so to speak! It's where we can post our accomplishements! For me it would be:

* During the month of March,I have had 3 beers and that was last Tuesday! I would say that falls within my moderation goal! *

Happy Sober Monday all,
        Tammie

Comment

Number of Drinks I have had this week/month

Before I started with this programme, especially March Madness, number of drinks I had in February,

28 days @ 12 drinks per day = 336

Number of drinks in March,

27 days - Zero!!!!(so far)

Does it work for me? Yes(so far). Best of luck to anyone starting this programme, it appears to my MWO, it could be yours.
          Mary

Comment

Number of Drinks I have had this week/month

Yaaaaay Mary!!

When I started on 9th March I'd been downing two bottles a night for months (how many drinks is that? about 12 per day?)

now finishing day 20 of nothing, niente, nada, zilch, zero, sweet F.A per day!!!:lol

and I still have my best weapons in reserve - haven't taken Kudzu, all one or listened to CDs yet. Will be ordering everything tomorrow (pay day - finally!!!) not a moment too soon. The :evil cravings :evil are just not going away and I think I could do with the extra help....

well done everyone!

Lulu x

Comment

Re: Number of Drinks I have had this week/month

Mary, excellent job. You're Really doing it. Keep it up!
              Lulu, no need to suffer with those cravings>: ... so glad you will be getting the whole deal soon and really be able to tackle this thing with all the tools available to you! Kudos for going this long with nothing. I used to think that 3 days in a row with no drinking was a REAL accomplishment... geesh. Would celebrate with like a week long of over-doing it. What a mind set!
              I'll add to this thread, as many newbies may be inclined to read it, I have had 21 non drinking days this month (as of the 28th). Would have had probably around 8 non drinking days before MWO, so it's definitely progress. Not perfect... learning all the time about my triggers and to not tempt moderation too early!! Warning!!
              Love,
              Becca

Comment

Becca;

Great job! 21 days and counting...Let's start..ready
                lunge one, and lunge two, and lunge 3..enough I'm already tired!

Love and Hugs!
                Brandy

Mary you're going strong, good job!!!
                Lulu keep doing your thing and going strong!!

Ready "now together lunge one and lunge two and that's enough"!!

Comment

wHAT'S different about this program?

Without going into too much detail about me right now...WHAT'S SO DIFFERENT or great about this program other than the fact I've never heard of Topamax as an anti-alchohol medication.

I mean what's so different about this stradegy that's supposed to work.

I'm looking for something....ANTHING! to help me AT LEAST SLOW DOWN on my drinking....

denden

Comment

Denden, what this program focuses on is supplementing your body with vitamins, amino acids, and other good things, the sort of things it doesn't get because of heavy drinking. There are a couple of supplements that help with cravings (the medications like topamax do, but also the kudzu and the GABA). Get the book, it's not that expensive, and read up. You can even download it and not have to wait for the paperback in the mail.

The CDs help "re-program" your thinking patterns, and the board is a wonderful source of support and encouragement. The people here are fantastic!! Read all the posts, and see what kind of success/problems/etc various people have had. I can only say that when I first found this board I was drinking an extreme amount, every day, and extremely depressed and sick. I was NOT in a good place. My drinking decreased immediately upon starting the vitamins/supplements/kudzu etc., my depression has lifted, both from the supplements, just plain less alcohol, and the invaluable support from my friends here.

Ter

Comment

Hi Denden!
                      Which other programs are you speaking of?
                      What I can say of this program is that it approaches your drinking problem from many different aspects, and gives you tons of support, while maintaining some anonymity, if you desire. This was the first program that I found that included the option of moderated drinking or abstinance from drinking as goals. It gives you herbal, medicinal, emotional, psychological, social, and physical support. All in the privacy of your own home. You may adjust it to whatever your goals are. You will find people here who find enormous success and finally break the bonds of their alcohol handcuffs, and those who may not find it so easy and use this as a stepping stone to find a different program that suits them more appropriately. You choose your commitment level. Stick to it!
                      Read these threads, I think you will find a wealth of information! I know, it takes a while to figure it all out, but it is SO worth the time!
                      BEST of luck with what you are searching for!
                      (I used to drink about a bottle of wine a day, averaged out. I have DRASTICALLY reduced that quantity since starting this program and actually have not even had a sip in 12 days!)
                      Moderation is my goal. The topa really does help.
                      Becca

Comment

# of drinks

Hi everyone,
                        I just joined. I didn't want to wait for my supplements so I went to the health food store and bought some GABA and L-Glutamine. I hope the quality is what is required.
                        I went out and got drunk on Friday night. I think I had 8 beers. I didn't drink on Saturday but I rehydrated with water, tea and an exercise powder that you put in water to replace lost electrolytes. Yesterday, I drank 4 beers, then went out to the pub and had 2 double bloody ceasars and about 4 double martinis. My friend and I are no longer speaking because I was such an idiot. (She is kind of a bad influence for me though as she is in the bar every single day). I feel terrible today and I know I need to help myself get better. I don't want to abstain, just be a normal person from now on. My habit is out of control. I like to exercise but that generally doesn't happen much as I have a hangover every other day.
                        I hope this works!

Comment

# of drinks

Hi everyone,
                          I just joined. I didn't want to wait for my supplements so I went to the health food store and bought some GABA and L-Glutamine. I hope the quality is what is required.
                          I went out and got drunk on Friday night. I think I had 8 beers. I didn't drink on Saturday but I rehydrated with water, tea and an exercise powder that you put in water to replace lost electrolytes. Yesterday, I drank 4 beers, then went out to the pub and had 2 double bloody ceasars and about 4 double martinis. My friend and I are no longer speaking because I was such an idiot. (She is kind of a bad influence for me though as she is in the bar every single day). I feel terrible today and I know I need to help myself get better. I don't want to abstain, just be a normal person from now on. My habit is out of control. I like to exercise but that generally doesn't happen much as I have a hangover every other day.
                          I hope this works!

Comment

Re: # of drinks

Hello blossoms--it does work if you work the program.. . . there hope for the likes of you and me.

You are going to have to be serious about working it; get the book, order the supplements and starting "hanging around here". Read all the posts, get to know those who started down this path before you, and post yourself.

This community is a great support; but you will also need to support yourself by investing in the vitamins/ supplements/book/CDs etc. And just talk to people here, it is your best venue for one heck of an education into the disease/problem/issue we are all here for.

Register, and then you can chat and have a private EZ inbox for one-on-one chats. It is totally anonymous!! just put "private" for all the entries for name, interests, etc. Welcome Aboard!!

Ter

Comment

# of drinks

Thanks Ter!
                              I am really feeling good about this place and I am lucky that I found it. I ordered the CD's and the book yesterday. I will wait until I finish my own supplements before ordering from the website.
                              I just hope it works. I am pretty well at my wits end. I am middle aged, so my health with start to plummet if I don't stop this dangerous drinking habit. I work out too but I drink too much and my workouts are not what they should be. Interestingly, amino acids are very helpful for people who work out.
                              I think I registered but not sure so I've sent some questions back.
                              See ya!

Comment

So trapped

I have tried unsuccessfully to join this forum. Hope this turns up on the board. I'm an asian and it seemed unbelievable that actually there are so many plp out there who are experiencing the same turmoil as me. But I guess the worst part abt me is that I'm still so young. Like most of you, I truly and compassionately feel for all of you.. the hidings of drinks, the need to binge drink. I guess it's kinda sad that I had let my life slide and alcohol has been such a long companion of mine for the past 6 yrs- like a spouse, it went thru the good times and the bad. It made the bad times so much more tolerable and enhanced my happiness during good times. But deep inside I know it's a vice I have to kick; today or tommorow. I haven't tried MWO. But my doc put me thru diazepam for 1 week but by 5th day I drank. But I applaude myself that I no longer drink during the day like I used to; I had to drink when I work, when I go for meetings and so on. I was so disgusted with myself and I wondered how can my life go so terribly wrong. Since the last "detox" I still drink; esp in clubs and every other day at home. I guess I do need encouragement from plp who are suffering the same thing as me... Cos no one ard me seemed to comprehend

Comment

Working...
                                X