Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Drinks I have had this week

Re: Help

ordered the book online and read it today..also the supplements and cds...i am so hopeless and sad...i am so wanting this to work...am scared it wont and then what? any strories of how its working would be so appreciated....i am going to try to see if i can get a script for the topamax....so scared...|I

Comment

when you go for the script bring printouts about Topamax from the research area of this site so your doc knows you are serious. I have only been on here since May 3rd but there are plenty of people I have met who have not drank for months or have been doing very well with moderation on Topamax.

Good luck and stay on here, everyone will help you. Patty

Comment

# last 30 days: 0 -- #/wk before mwo: 70 -- week I am on : 14 on way down @ 200 mg topo-- lbs lost: 30 hip hip hurray!!! I will have my first 2 glasses of wine at my daughter's wedding this weekend. Any advice from here? Thanks

Comment

Billy,
          WOW, you've made awesome progress!

Make sure you take kudzu and l-glut just before you leave for the wedding. This should help cravings and of course don't forget the topa. I don't know if the timing of topa makes a difference. Maybe someone who is also on it can offer a suggestion on this.

Try writing a list of the reasons why 2 is your limit at the wedding. Enjoy your daughters wedding being sober and think of all the memories you will have.

Marcie

Comment

HELP

Thanx for replying! I am encouraged! So far I have been "playing" with effexor. What I mean by playing is that I take it for awhile then I don't. I am on 75mg/day and on days that I don't feel so great my Doc advised another 37.5mg. I am afraid of mixing alcohol with the effexor as I have completely blacked out when I have done this. I find it has made my mood swings more stable, but I still have been drinking until Sunday that is - Day #3!!!!!! What do the supplements do? I am trying to do the reading.

Comment

Hi - You were RIGHT - I should have skipped the party - it was too difficult - the people who had the party have drinking problems also and kept insisting I have atleast 1 cooler. I know I am master of my own - but I ended up having 4 coolers! This is still better than what I normally do though and I didn't feel like having alcohol ALL day. I thought I could do it - not ready to go back to the friends that drink all the time - time to distance myself for awhile I guess. I am trying the L-Glutamine supplement and I think it works! How is everyone else doing?

Comment

rewards for me

You made a comment about tuning in how much less we are drinking instead of counting until you have 1 drink. How about on the the times we do drink we are getting DUI's, or putting peoples lives in danger, yelling at kids, or more commonly, not spending time with our family because we are out drinking. Do we shut that out and just say "well I have only drank twice this month." That sounds like ABSENCE OF REALITY to me. The truth isn't always happy and positive, but it does allow us to truly grow.

The Truth is the Truth Even if a Liar Like Me Tells Ya

Comment

herbs and liver function?

I am on a statin drug to lower my cholesterol. Both alchohol and the drug are hard on the liver. I have been drinking 3-4 glasses of wine most nights for about 20 years. Obviously this is too much. With statin drugs you have a liver function test every quarter. All was fine until this last test my doc said there was a slight elevation of one of the enzymes or whatever it is that they look for. When I researched this on the web, they also mention that a variety of herbs collide with the statin drugs.

Does anyone know whether the herbs/sups mentioned here interact with statin drugs?

Thanks to all of you. I find you very inspiring.

Comment

Memarcie, I have to give a toast so I don't think I better take any kudzu! I am going to take a Xanax to slow the effect of the topo. Besides this last 30 days with nothing, I have had no hard stuff since the day after the Super Bowel on Feb. 6th. and only a few beers at a ball game.

Comment

Re: herbs and liver function?

How does Xanax slow the effects of the Topa? And why do you want to slow the effects? Just curious because I take Klonopin and I am considering moderation and taking Topa.
                      Thanks, Patty

Comment

inspiring for someone about to start program

thank u

Comment

inspiring for someone about to start program

thank you - do men paricipate in the program?

Comment

Re: inspiring for someone about to start program

LOL plan--YES it is not all women despite how it appears. It is just that women are more secretive about their drinking and more need a forum such as this. There are some great guys here, neighbors, businessmen, bikers, hikers, good ol' boys, welcome, you will definitely be in the minority but not alone!!! Register, post a little, read a lot, and pick out the guys, and then exchange EZInbox e-mails with those you feel comfortable with. Chatroom is also helpful. But a note about chat--you just might find yourself surrounded by a bevy of women!!!

Welcome, this is a great community.
                            Ter

Comment

Re: herbs and liver function?

topo makes you anxious and you loose cognitive skills so giving a speech becomes extremly difficult. .5mg xanax makes you relax and lessens the effect of the topo only for special occacions such as this one.

Comment

herbs and liver function?

Hi--Is there a professional connected with this board who would know how the herbs interact with statins in the lliver?

My drinking the past couple of days.

Thursday--none
                                Friday. 4 oz of white wine. It was bad wine and didn't taste good. Previously I would have kept drinking it to get the effect, even though I didn't like it. That was a good lesson.

Friday--out to dinner with someone dear whom I haven't seen in a long time. 1 gimlet, 2 wines, two rum drinks. Bad.

Saturday--today--none so far.:| . Hope I can last.

Comment

Working...
                                X