Army Thread Sunday 27th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep they've scored...............I can hear a deafening silence from next door.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

*yawn*

Morning. Reporting for duty.

Hope Mrs. Tipps loses the chipmunk cheeks, Mrs. A is feeling better, welcome home MollyMoose, Greetings JC, Satz, et all.

Now, to the important things... coffee. Aye.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

My dad used to support Sunderland Jackie can remember all the men going off to the match Saturday lunchtime when I was little, via the pub of course
        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

:l Right back at ya!

Nope, have not been around - should have been - am now, though!
          Things haven't been flawless but will get better again

Did you say 'young'??? Grand peanut #3 is on the way...

Comment

Say what!!!

Oh and yo there GG.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Enjoy the banquet

Just back from lunch with neighbour, dog walked, lunches etc sorted, now I only need to sort me out, this may take some time
              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Afternoon

My sympathies to Mrs T - hope she gets better soon tips.

Welcome home molly and welcome back sunny :welcome:

I like your new avatar spidey :goodjob:

Been going around with a bit of a headache today. Don't know if it was the beer or not, but my stupid alkie brain told me the clocks going back equals an extra hour of drinking time.

I'd forgotten it gets dark earlier, so had to cancel the afternoon dog walk. Poppy's confused too. She gets her dinner at 6pm and she can time it to the minute, so she's wondering why her dinner's an hour late. Better go and feed her.

Comment

The Beeb are really working themselves up into a frenzy over this storm. Hope it isn't too severe cos I've got a tree that leans over the top of next door's conservatory and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could blow over and flatten it. I've already had one tree end up in their back garden when it blew over in a storm and took out the fence.

Comment

Hey-ho, Reccie!

Molly.. speaking of AA.. I went to my first ever meeting on Friday. Will do so again tomorrow. Nothing changes if nothing changes... so there I go.

You got grand peanuts, too!!! :shocked: I had no idea! They're an awful lot of fun, aren't they?

Comment

Well, I'm sad and ashamed to say that I hit rock bottom last week. Or, at least as far down as I'm willing to go. So, something had to give.

It was a very positive experience (in the end)... it started out absolutely horrifying! Mr. Sun's first wife and her partner (love her, we're very much extended family) walked in, and while there were WAYYY more people than I had expected (although, I was told that this particular meeting was not a typical one).. she immediately zoomed in on me. I mean, 2 steps in... hands outstretched "Hiiii... good to see you.. mind if I sit with you?" :eeks:

If there had been a way to gracefully bow out and leave, I would have. As it was, all I could muster was a dumb half grin and "Oh hey. Hi. Uhm. Yeah sure."

And hope, my flushed face wouldn't set off any smoke detectors.

Comment

Howdy all- I'm back - did nothing ... but drive around & go for something to eat.....
                        God pubs bore the life out of me these days. But would love to go to a fancy dress some year ..
                        A little pub we were in were gearing up for a huge crowd this eve - and NO COSTUME - NO DRINK ! Barman said about 600 expected
                        I like it - I'd say it'll be mad craic - I'd love to just sit & watch the outfits as they come in

Plonked here now looking for something sweet to eat and ready for me fix of BB and Love/ Hate
                        Living on the edge .....:H

Comment

Howdy Satz!

Talk to Tips... he's ALWAYS got something sweet laying around.
                          (No, I don't mean Mrs. Tips.. sheesh.)

Comment

Yeah -- my only grandchild yet is nearly 1 an a half --- he's comical --- very like his very bold daddy I just smile to myself when I see Simon (my son) gobsmacked by the little fella ---- another one due in March ---
                            Heheheh... yeah, it's sort of a sweet revenge, innit???
                            My son's little guy is quite the hand full and I actually get a great amount of satisfaction watching junior scratch his head 'n such :H

Comment

oh gawd!!! Did ye know eachother was an alkie????
                              Sorry you hit a low -- unfortunately it's often inevitable really -- well, it was for me, I need still to be able to look back and say 'I don't want to be that person EVER again' - mebbe what you needed?
                              Some meetings seem to be much bigger than others -- I've only been to 4-5 different ones, but generally there'd be in or around 20 people at each one
                              Nope, did not know. Frankly, I was sure that she was there to support someone else, for the celebration (I'm not totally clear if it actually was someone's birthday, or if it was his 30 year mark, or both) or something! I asked her what she was doing there and she said..."been here for 10 years". I was totally dumbfounded.. said "I knew you didn't drink.." and she replied "Yep, and this is how I did it".

You have no idea how big of a revelation this is for me. Probably, the most hurtful thing Mr. Sun has ever said to me was how his first wife coped with tragedy and discourse.. and how she always 'remained a decent person... God, she could have ended up an alkie'.

Of course, all I heard out of that was, that clearly I'm not a decent person. At least not in his eyes.

Comment

Hey there ! How are we all ? Just chilling in me jammys - craving some Cornish ice cream
                                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Working...
                                X