Talk about stress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about stress!

Scooby, I'm sorry you have had such a rotten weekend. I sure do know how ya feel. So many times I wonder why my bf has even stuck around but I am so glad he has. He has been such a support to me. So I am glad your fiance has for you too.

Ya know I take prozac. I think I would have probably gone off the deep end if I hadn't. Especially to help with the crying. What the heck. I would go for the Lexapro if I were you.

And puppy or a kitty always helps too. :l (I have 3 cats and a big cuddlie dog)

I am so glad I'm not drinking. But man I sure used to a lot. It was my sole coping tool. So I know what ya mean on that too. Do try to keep it to the weekend if ya can. The lexapro probably will help with that too.

Try not to let him get the best of ya. I like what Simey said above. "Don't let a loser tell you who you are."
    And remember that he will get his someday. Your success is the best revenge.

hugs and loves....
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Talk about stress!

Gabby, thank you so much. I am sorry you are going through the same thing but it's good to know we can support and understand each other. Big hug for you. What an amazing experience you've had over these past 10 months! I remember reading your 10 month abs statement! You are amazing to have gone through all of that and remained ABS all this time!

I've started back on the Lexapro and am going to make an appointment tomorrow to see my doctor and give the Topa and adrafinil a go (she's a really cool, open minded doc, so I'm pretty sure she will prescribe for me). Alcohol really does make the anxiety worse and I know I'll be able to deal with the situation in a better way. I can already feel my self esteem dipping from all of this recent abuse.

You couldn't possibly believe how cruel he has been in these emails. My sister who is a PhD in Forensic Psych has read them all and believes that he is obsessed with me. He admitted to me today in an email that he and his wife have seen a counselor over me... what the?! 18 months ago I took our son to see a child Psych because he was showing signs of anxiety over the entire situation (his father telling him that I tell lies - trying to turn him against me). the counselor contacted my ex to try and set up a time to talk with him and my ex refused to go and see the child psych for Chris' sake. So it's ironic that he and his wife can go and see a counselor (about me??) but he can't make the effort to see someone about his sons anxiety.

Anyway... I've now about to setup an auto rule on my outlook so that emails immediately get forwarded to my sister who will keep them in safe keeping, and will be deleted from my outlook so I don't have to go through this. We broke up 6 years ago for gods sake! I have tried *so* many times to try and make things good and amicable. He truly hates me.

It's such a horrible feeling.

Thanks again for letting me spill here and for your support and friendship.

Lots of love
      Doo
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Talk about stress!

Hi Scooby,
        I'm glad your're managing to get on top of things.
        Good luck with the doc.
        Lots of Love
        Suz
        Suz
        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Talk about stress!

Hi Scooby,

What a horrible situation you have had to/are having to deal with. Both me and my daughters have been to councelling because of my ex - emotional and psychological abuse - he, of course, has never agreed to go either individually or as a family. He of course is the victim in every situation!

He also strongly resents the money - even though he has got away with minimal. The financial burden has fallen on me despite his having the far better job - but he sees it as paying me not payment to support our children.

I could go on and on - there seems to be a recurring theme in the stories above so I know my situation's not unusual. The others have so many words of wisdom, I wish I'd been here a few years ago! - so hang in there, - he is the one with the issues and your focus now is on yourself, your son and your new life. You sound like you have set up some good protective systems so I hope they will help prevent this man's continued abuse. Here, you could get a restraining order against him if the abuse continues, so definitely keep the evidence and if necessary get legal advice to stop it.

Good luck with everything, Doo - sending :l and warmest wishes your way!
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Talk about stress!

Oh my Doo, wish I could give ya a hug. Block him from your email to save yourself some pain or change your name and don't tell him what your new one is. He's an idiot. Send him and email detailing that you no longer wish to participate in his games and if he wishes to discuss your parental abilities, you would be more than happy to do so in front of a judge, otherwise, his opinion is no wanted nor acknowledged as he has done very little in raising YOUR son. Wish him much happiness with his family and sign it sincerely....be very diplomatic and sincere. AND then change everything so he CAN'T write back.

Comment

Working...
            X