Men of the world...Don't drink the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simey, I just woke up this side of the world! And I had a vision. The two of us - you and me, on the phone. Talking in black and white! Does that mean that I love you? Boy, I'm so confused now!:sofa:
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Ohh give me a break.

Here come all the messages saying that I've been too sensitive and it's not supposed to be taken literally... Well bugger me if I don't take things that are written like that literally.

Two of my (male) friends that I recommended visit this site because I received support here for my DRINKING expressed to me views that the site seemed a bit tailored for women and some of the views (and one of them picked up on one of Simeybears posts) appeared out right sexist.

I tried to hose down this sexism - and before you start, just think about if I had gone and wrote the same thing about women? What would have the response been? No prizes there. If you guys want the membership to grow and more of a gender balance reached (which I have seen expressed by many of the female members) then I suggest you take note of my objection and endeavourto put balance your message right. Then you might attract more male members.

So before you all jump on the "defend simey" bandwagon/ "dave is too sensitive" whatever topic just think about what you would HAVE done before you write that reply.

Identifying and objecting to the sexist remarks is not - in my opinion - unreasonable.

David

Comment

Chill everyone. Just chill.

Comment

Truthfully,this is not a dating scene or a pick joint so your sex is irrelevant. We are supposed to be able to rant, rave, write any of our feelings on here WITHOUT being judged. We should all receive the same respect. If you do not agree with someones thread or post simply move on....there is no need to argue or repond...just move forward to one that moves you positively. This site is for positive growth and good. we should be able to share whatever we need to to get us through the day to NOT DRINK...whatever that is...even if it offends you. Just move past that thread to the next one. It isn't like Simey woke up that morning and thought "today I think I will piss Giles123 off and make his day utter shit'. This site is for ALL of us. Read what HELPS YOU, post what HELPS YOU, and what doesn't move past it. We are ALL here trying to HEAL not HURT more.

Comment

LUVUALL;130045 wrote: Truthfully,this is not a dating scene or a pick joint so your sex is irrelevant. We are supposed to be able to rant, rave, write any of our feelings on here WITHOUT being judged. We should all receive the same respect. If you do not agree with someones thread or post simply move on....there is no need to argue or repond...just move forward to one that moves you positively. This site is for positive growth and good. we should be able to share whatever we need to to get us through the day to NOT DRINK...whatever that is...even if it offends you. Just move past that thread to the next one. It isn't like Simey woke up that morning and thought "today I think I will piss Giles123 off and make his day utter shit'. This site is for ALL of us. Read what HELPS YOU, post what HELPS YOU, and what doesn't move past it. We are ALL here trying to HEAL not HURT more.
            LUVUALL/Fan - So practice what you preach and fu*k off then! Why did you start posting in this thread?? My comments were addressed at the person that started the thread.. If you don't agree then ignore and and don't post.

Practice what you preach, or do you always have to have the last word? You don't have a mandate over the site and it's replies so don't tell me how I should react to them. F*ck me.

Comment

So sad...I will pray for you as we are here to heal to hurt one another.

Comment

Thanks Fan.

LUVUALL - Pray for yourself, because you sound very confused. You tell me to move on but you have to keep coming back don't you.

You are testing my resolve, is this testing yours ?

Comment

Hi All,

Is there a need to drag this out. I'm guessing people's feelings are getting hurt and that is certainly not one of goals here. We're here to offer support and help and occassionally let someone vent, whether its about alcohol, husbands, wives, men in general, woman in general, mother in laws, etc...I'm going to try to think of a creative thread to begin (although I am not very good at that), and then we can transfer the negative energy in this thread to a different kind energy in another thread (with a little humor thrown in) What do ya think?

Julie

Comment

Here's the thing. When you are posting, you can't read people's body language, so you don't know when they are joking. being silly or whatever. You don't see facial expressions, etc. All you see are the black-and-white words with no interpretation of expression or connotation. So, by the time we get to page four, there are some mis-interpreted feelings and mis-quoted stuff.

I've known some woman who are bitches and men who are pricks - notice I did not put any little interesting keyboard characters in there. It's who we are inside and how we give of ourselves that defines who we are, not our gender. There are many loving wonderful people on this site. I never get involved in this kind of stuff - I was sorry I even posted in the first place. David - it moritified me to have you quote me!! By the way, since you can't see my body language, that was a joke .

Comment

I'm not posting anything on this topic

I love everyone here. Giles, Simey, Luv... the whole bloody lot of you

Kisses from Scoob
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

What about me Scoob??????

Comment

Barb, you are a woman of the world... your avitar proves it. How could anyone not love you, my sweet?

Comment

:h Doesn't mean I don't need to be told - often. . . .:h

Comment

Yeah... me too

Comment

Back atcha. Luv ya,you big cuddly puppy!!:h :h

Comment

Working...
                                X