Lexapro anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexapro anyone?

Not sure here but I think Wellbutrin is a different family cuz Effexor is allready part of that family so to speak.
    It does help out on the draining libido tho. So if you are switching to lexapro I think you could take that with wellbutrin. Dont quote me tho.
    I take prozac and wellbrutin too and my libido is pretty well in tact.
    (hee hee)
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

then again......maybe its just my boyfriend. (ok.....going to work now)
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

Gabby -- you are correct in that wellbutrin is in a different family from Lexapro and Effexor -- my psychiatrist was concerned about putting me on wellbutrin because if you drink on it there is a risk of seizures... also I have been through soooo many changes as of late (new boyfiend, promotion at work after only being at new job for 8 months and moved here from for job, now on FMLA, moved out from old boyfriend, now on pain meds -- shit I'm a mess I can't believe I'm not drinking I rock!!!!
        Anyway -- Gabby, when you went on the meds did you transition in a certain way?
        By the way -- to quote Lou Grant "you got spunk" I enjoy your posts ... La Liz

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

G'day y'all -

Don't know if I'm on the same wave length here -

I'm the panic attack guy. Since September last year, it's been quiet on that front. Had been on Xanax and Zoloft. But titrated off it, as I did not want to depend on it. All in all was on the stuff for a year. From February 2006 - March 2007 (See my threads under the research section). I'm happily off the poison since end of March 2007, but understand that at least for a starting point Zoloft as a SSRI is needed to at least get you kick started.

All this stuff doesn't do your libido good, that's for sure ... And for guys ... it shows ;-)
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

Paddy,

Hoe are you doing now that you are off the the stuff? That is my ultimate goal. Also, congrats on the engagement!!!!!!!!!!!!! La Liz

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

How are you doing now?

Paddy,

How are you doing now that you are off the the stuff? That is my ultimate goal. Also, congrats on the engagement!!!!!!!!!!!!! La Liz

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

Lexapro is the best -- I take it because I can be a real beehive. Anyway, it takes the edge off. I'm a much nicer person on it - ask my husband. It doesn't make me sexually dysfunctional - ask my husband. Now I actually take the generic equivalent of the original lexapro whose name I can't remember.
                Mama T.
                Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

I am on Lexapro and have been on it for about 6 months now. I really have gained much more ability to concentrate.

I see that you are concerned about switching from Effexor to Lexapro due to the drop in dosage. Lexapro is more concentrated in active ingredient (if you want to know the chemistry behind it I could go into it but most people don't care) that's why the dosage of Lexapro is so much lower.

Lorelei
                  Suddenly I see
                  This is what I want to be
                  suddenly I see
                  Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

Still... I have been on both!

For me. Effexor = Very Bad. Lexapro = Brilliant!

Effexor was very hard to go on (anxiety levels went through the roof for first 10 days) and come off. Lexapro on the other hand was easy to come on and go off. I didn't suffer any of the anger side effects that Allie mentioned. I do think Lexapro is the best AD/AA that I have ever had... for sure! Only side effect from Lex is zero sex drive (My poor fiance... and poor me! lol)

Effexor gave me hair loss.

Definitely give the Lex a go. I actually just started back on it 2 days ago with all the stress that my ex husband has been putting me through.

Scooby
                    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

Hey Still, how is the transition going? Lexapro is very good for panic attacks too. Good luck, and be happy.
                      Mona Cat
                      Meow-Meow
                      MonaKitty

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

so far so good

Thanks so much for your support! I have had night sweats but because I have two injured feet I don't know which med is causing this -- I am 39 in two weeks so it could just be hot flashes (yippee!) The more I read about Effexor the happier I am to be getting off of this horrible drug... Thanks Mona & Scoob! Still...

Comment

Lexapro anyone?

one more thing...

Mamatee thanks for your insights as well! LaLiz aka Still

Comment

Working...
                          X