Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignorant doctors

Thanks Paula,
    Just wanted to make it clear to anyone else over here in the UK, the process I had to go through to get these resources.
    I actually went to my doctor when I was drinking 3 - 4 bottles of wine a day. He was mortified (obviously) but wouldn't (couldn't) prescribe topamax - they just don't know about it. So he referred me to the local drug and alcohol treatment centre. Now I know a lot of you may be reserved about confessing all about your drinking history to your doctor, but the drug and alcohol treatment centre keep your doctor fully informed of your progress. So if you complete treatment and continue to be sober, the doctor has that on file.
    There is a waiting list for all of the services (except the free acupuncture), but they offer so many back up support measures that it is worth the wait. I am seeing my occupational therapist tonight, I have my group tomorrow night and phsycotherapy on Wednesday night so it is quite full on, but good.
    If you are in the UK, you too could tap in to this resource. It is worth giving it a go.
    Best wishes
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

ignorant doctors

What a great response

more than i even hoped for.

Thanks for the kind words and support, you guys are a step in the right direction for me.

A special thanks to betty, whose encouraged me from day one and made me feel so welcome.

Thanks again, my friends

Comment

ignorant doctors

Bright,

I've just remembered that your detox is coming up next week .....

Are you ready for it????

How are you feeling ????

Love & Hugs
        sigpicXXX

Comment

ignorant doctors

thats right bett, im starting on monday

seven to ten days of detox then campral

looking foward to kicking this horrible addiction

thanks bett, and everyone else who gave me support and advice

xx

Comment

ignorant doctors

Hi, I'm in the Uk and am seeing my GP for the first time tomorrow. Any advice? I'm on prozac and am a single parent to a 5 year old son. I could afford the ?12000 for a detox programme but could spend on my son's future so would like to try the system out. Help!

Comment

ignorant doctors

great news!

Hi Brightfield - fabulous news on such a positive step forward. I sincerely hope this will set you well on the path to recovery - you will always have us here for additional and continued support!

Warmest wishes and many :l for Monday - here's to the start of your new life!
              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
              Goals:
              Days 1-7 DONE
              Days 8-14 DONE
              Days 15-21 DONE
              30 days DONE
              60 days
              100 days

Comment

ignorant doctors

Bright,
                I've never had to go to detox, but I had something like Valium to help me detox at home. I am a HUGE proponent for detox because it can be very dangerous just try to quit drinking on your own if you are a very heavy drinker. I am very happy that you are being monitered and that you will go on Campral. I am on Campral and think it is great. I will really help you after you've gotten the booze out of your system. Also use Calms Forte to help you sleep if you have trouble after your detox or melatonin is also great. I take 3mg of melatonin before bed.

Good luck Brightfield !! We're all very proud of you! :h
                Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

ignorant doctors

Well said Happy.
                  Glad to hear the campral is working for you.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

ignorant doctors

Sorry Baccus-

I'm here in the U.S. but perhaps you may want to start/post a thread on your own regarding your situation-that way your question won't get lost in this thread.

Wishing you luck....

BRIGHT-you know we're here for each other. Sending tons of support as always!
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X