Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo!!! Hoo!!! I found a Dr.

AF DAY 15 Wow I still feel great. :happy:

Tigger, don?t be too concerned. Iif you started out at 25 you may not even notice you took it. Just be aware of the possible side effects and monitor your progress and how you feel accordingly. You should be fine. At some dosage you will notice that you just don?t have that old craving for booze (and you will probably get a little bit stupid). I will never forget the first time I passed the liquor store and didn?t know it. It had always been a call for me to stop on the way home. Hang in there and use the program.

Mom I will have to look when I get home, I don?t know. I will get it to you this evening. I am doing great, maybe a little too good, I thought I would get used to the meds after a few days, but I still feel like I smoked a hooter all day. I feel so good I don?t want to go to bed and I can?t wait to get up. Problem with that is I need to get some rest. Then again, I am sleeping better than I have in a long time. I lay down and I don?t remember anything else I just go to sleep. For the last couple of years even when sober I had a hard time going to sleep because I was worried about everything. This Gabapentin has taken that away; PRAISE THE LORD. I am not overly religious, but I have to believe something larger than me is steering this ship.

God Bless ]
    Bear
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

WOW..wonderful news and great helpful information Bear. Thank you!!!

Comment

Oh Bear, God Bless you!

You sound so full of hope, joy and life!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

This thread has given me, and I'm sure, many others newfound hope.......

Thanks,
        R-
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Bear, Bless you. I can't wait to feel as good as you do. Day 7 AF for me and starting Campral today. This is possible!!!

Kari
          mombytheocean

Comment

You guys are my strength. I am leaning on all of you. This is not only possible, it is happening for so many here. Mom, hang in there, and have some L-Glut handy, I had to take a powder a couple of times. Getting the campral was a big step for me, and I am so happy you have made the plunge. We are all just getting started, and we have everything ahead of us to look forward to.
            God Bless
            Bear
            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Hi Bear, you make me so hopefull! I'm seeing my M.D. on Monday and will share this information with her. I've been unable to go AF, however I have cut back to 2/3 drinks a day which makes me believe that once I get the meds I might be able to completely quit. I do feel better than I have in years and years with the nutritionals.

I am soooo, soooo happy for you. Geez, my heart is puffing up, congrats.

hugs,

sunny
              :rays:

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

:bump:

I've been reading Bears posts and threads this morning, I particulary like this one for his infectious enthusiasum.

God bless Bear.

Want
                :h
                AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                There's fire in your eyes,
                Bite me, excite me,
                I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                Brings eternal flame.
                Open me to heaven,
                To heal me again.