i went to another meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Jst wanted to post. I went to another meeting yesterday. Im so scared of going and meeting strangers but they are all so nice and caring. The person chairing it was so inspiring honest and i was totally stunned and full of admiration for such bravery. At the moment im only going once a week to the same one but am thinking about other groups. I have found someone who will be my sponser. They give total support and i will be able to talk one to one without shame...this is jst what i need. Its all very new and i keep thinking..'wot hav i got myself into!' But deep down i know this is the right thing to do.. something keeps pushing me along and going to the meetings..listening is learning and not feeling alone. Thanx folk..thats me done. Hav a good sober wknd. Bella xxxx

Great stuff Bella. Sounds like somethings working so stick with it.

Best wishes, G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Awesome, Bella!!!

I'm in the same boat.. started going to AA 2 months ago. I'm also not a group person but there is a very supportive and SAFE atmosphere within the walls of a meeting.

Keep coming back!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I am keeping an open mind to AA, but can't get myself to go to a meeting. I am actually afraid to. I live in a small community and I work at a school here - not sure the giant, in person meeting is as anonymous as I'd want it to be. Thanks for sharing your experience (you, too, Sunshine.)

Comment

everyone at an AA meeting is there for the same reason pavati! make sure you go to a closed meeting if you want to be assured that everyone in the room is an alcoholic who has the desire to stop drinking. open groups are just that, open to everyone. it should say on the website or the AA hotline which groups are open and which are closed. you are not alone!
          10-06-2012

Comment

bella, glad you are finding what you need in AA~ that's wonderful! come to the AA thread in monthly abstinence, if you want to talk to other's in the "program".
            10-06-2012

Comment

Hi All,

Yes, everyone come to the Monthly Abstinence area and post on the AA thread! I just got home from a meeting. As I have said previously, no one was more horrified at the idea of going to AA than I was. For various reasons-I had no other plan, my therapist was pushing it, etc-I decided to go. I love it. The people who share are just like us-hurting and struggling to get better in all ways. It's really a kind, gentle group.

I haven't figured out the Higher Power thing, but my therapist said the group spirit and group sharing can be my Higher Power. She said GOD can mean Group Of Drunks. Gotta love it. It's really the same as here on MWO. We may not call ourselves "Drunks" but it really just semantics.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Ann

Comment

Glad you are enjoying the meetings!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X