Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Sunday 21 December

Morning Army

Lovely day here - again - slightly overcast and, best of all, just a very light breeze and not a tornado in training.

Tips, sorry about your friend.

Satz :l:l:l

Later!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Dear Dreamy,

It's "Saturday" to the best of my knowledge.

Regards in advance,

Zenny X

Comment

Morning Dreamy and Zen.

I also did a double-take when I saw the thread title :H

Thanks, Dreamy. It's always incredibly sad when such young people die.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good SATURDAY morning Zens and Tips! :H:H

So that explains the lack of Sunday papers then! At least I got the date right! :new:

Ok, that's me back to the garden for cherry plums, then the kit hen.

How does it feel to be on holiday, Tips? Enjoy the break!

Comment

Nothing surprises me anymore given the onset of early dementia, but I could have SWORN I was just out for a Friday night a couple of hours ago! ;o)

Very sad news about LoOp... way too young. And fit. It boggles the mind. Bottom line, one never knows when their ticket is going to get stamped, and we'd best make the most of it while we can.

I hope a'body here is well. Take care...

Moi XXX

Comment

Good morning Dreamydoo, Tipperroo, Zens and all garidges and gararges yet to drop by.

Tis the day of the great Christmas tidy in JC Mansions..................ie me and Mr JC run round like loons shoving crap in carrier bags and shoving it in the back of the back of the big cupboard in the spare room..........it's like the Tardis.

And it's list day and red cabbage day.

Gran's German red cabbage recipe - All recipes UK
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zens, just remember we're in different time zones:H:H

Just had my first figs of the season - not the lovely purple-fleshed ones, but still better than most things - even chocolate! Now for the battle between me and the mousebirds and the red-winged starlings. Going to ask the lady who comes in to feed Giada to put a couple in the fridge for me - should keep until I get back.

Back to the jam - the really messy part awaits!

Later!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1601452 wrote: Zens, just remember we're in different time zones:H:H

Just had my first figs of the season - not the lovely purple-fleshed ones, but still better than most things - even chocolate! Now for the battle between me and the mousebirds and the red-winged starlings
                . Going to ask the lady who comes in to feed Giada to put a couple in the fridge for me - should keep until I get back.

Back to the jam - the really messy part awaits!

Later!
                Mornin'all!
                What is that bird malarkey about Dreamboat
                I don't have a cat - not overly fond of cats - but nosey as to what that's about.
                LOVE figs!!!!:h had them falling on me head in Croatia & M&S Dept Store fly them in sometimes. Prolly now if they are in season?
                Off to Carlingford soon. Wish me luck !
                Family , seasonal sentimental bullshit, throw in alcohol and it will be fun.....
                AB on board..

Comment

Satz, the birds are doing their best to steal as many of MY figs as they can. Oh, the cat lady has to put figs in the fridge - not birds :H:H:H

Take the pill, and have a lovely time :l:l

Hallo JC, missed you first time around. Your clean-up strategy sounds pretty much like mine!

Later!

Comment

Morning Satz and hellooooo again Dreamy.

Mr JC & the S&H are allergic to cats, that's the only reason we haven't got one. Tut....men.

Oh it's the shortest day of the year or the longest night (whichever way you think about it) and the official first day of winter.

Had to :H about yer cat woman shoving birds in the fridge.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Enjoy Carlingford, Satz, as well as the AB don't forget yer lappy and I'm at the end of a text message when you need an ear.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1601461 wrote: Enjoy Carlingford, Satz, as well as the AB don't forget yer lappy and I'm at the end of a text message when you need an ear.
                        :lWill do - lappy on board too !:thumbs:
                        I thought Dreamy was catching birds & putting them in the fridge for the cat or something:H :new:

Comment

Found some armour for you..........you might clank a bit when you sit down for dinner..but what the heck.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army grey and cool here but the rain and wind has died down. Sorry about your friend Tipps. Enjoy your weekend in Carlingford Satz good for you taking the antibuse. Lovely old town might take a trip up that way in new year sometime. More grocery shopping and more house cleaning for today it never ends with the cats lol. wheres home Dreamy do u travel far from where you live? Are you in Cape Town too? have a lovely Saturday folks.

Comment

:H:H:H at the Satz suit of armour, JC - how on earth is she going to do anything in that?

:wavin: Fox - is there no end to grocery shopping and cleaning in this world? Don't we have something better to do, like, well, just doing nothing? I'm about 100 km from CT, just over 1 600 km from my parents. Not driving there - especially with our crazy fuel prices. Taking the bus halfway, then bumming a lift from one of the many brothers, bus all the way back home.

Satz, the Dreamy family has a history of freezing odd things: one brother shot and killed a baboon, boiled the skull until clean, put it in the freezer without telling Mum. There was near murder when she saw those fangs one day. Didn't stop him though - the next addition to his frozen collection was a fully grown python that somebody had run over and killed. And they tell me I'm the strange one in the family?

Comment

Working...
                              X