No announcement yet.

how long does the exhaustion and weak immune system last when you stop drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am completely tired most of my day. I used to sleep 4-5 hrs a night and now I could sleep 12 easily. I am so, so TIRED! How long will this last? My immune system is very weak as well. I have had influenza A and woke up this morning with 102 fever and congested. Depression is NOT an issue. I want my energy level to come back.
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Between having the flu, detoxing your body, and taking Antabuse, the tiredness may last a while...but it should ease up within a couple of weeks. You're going through a lot right now, so be patient and treat yourself kindly! :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey Getting....where the heck have you been girl??? We have missed you!!
      AB kicked my butt. I was tired and had horrendous headaches and had to stop taking it. But so many people SWEAR by to that I hate to say anything negative.
      You may want to have blood work done and check you r iron, D and B levels. Alkies are notorious for depleting themselves of the key vitamins. Plus, for females, it's an age thing!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama I have had really bad headaches too. One night it was so bad I couldn't touch my eyes. I feel like crap. I reduced the dosage to taking it every other day. I hope that helps.
        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Hello Lovey.
          Bridget here.
          Mind if I comment?

I was exhausted for weeks. Buggered.
          I couldn't work out why I was 'coping' :H when I was drinking and beside myself when I quit
          Imagine what we've done to our poor livers and how much energy it takes to repair that?

These are the things that helped:
          1. Staying off the piss. Der....:nutso:
          2. Taking Vitamin B mega
          3. Drinking heaps of water for detox (No, I don't love drinking water either but put it in a sports bottle, sip away and woman up)
          4. A good healthy diet, small frequent meals for consistent blood sugar levels. As many super foods as you can get in there.
          5. Light exercise/deep breathing.
          6. Sleeping. Sometimes you just have to trust your body to know what it needs. Have nana naps, explain to your kids that you're getting well and this is what it will take.
          7. Look into meditation. You don't have to go the full Dalai Lama on this one. There are some free online guided meditations.

Try not to be overwhelmed and surrender to the process. It took a while to get here and it will take a while to get out.

Hope this helps.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good afternoon,
            From lovely Victorville, yes traveled all day yesterday and it was a pain to get here but its a paycheck.
            Love how you guys are there for all of us... wow.
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

It could last for a long time but in general not drinking improves your health from day one.
              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
              X